You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£100 target playing nl4

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
So I started to play a bit of cash again last weekend starting with £16 that I had left in my account playing nl4. 

I have only been playing two tables adding a third if I don't seem to be getting much action. 

So far managed to run my £16 up to £46.80, so all seems to be going well. 

So I am setting myself an initial target of £100. I'm not setting a time frame, just going to see how things go.

When and if I reach my target I might take a stab at some nl10.

I seem to drift in and out of poker so I'm hoping this diary will keep me motivated to carry on and and hopefully get better aquainted with everyone in the community. 

Comments

• edited October 2012
    it's more than achievable. obviously you could be on some run good but this story is frigteningly familiar.

i got £15.25 c4p and have spun it up into £45.95 ha.

11.5 BI's is more than enough at this level and 10NL too because the play is basically the same although 10NL is slightly harder to get value in certain spots

gl
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to £100 target playing nl4:
    So I started to play a bit of cash again last weekend starting with £16 that I had left in my account playing nl4.  I have only been playing two tables adding a third if I don't seem to be getting much action.  So far managed to run my £16 up to £46.80, so all seems to be going well.  So I am setting myself an initial target of £100. I'm not setting a time frame, just going to see how things go. When and if I reach my target I might take a stab at some nl10. I seem to drift in and out of poker so I'm hoping this diary will keep me motivated to carry on and and hopefully get better aquainted with everyone in the community. 
    Posted by gaga87
    gl m8
    i'm sure with some decent run good that you will do it.
    best wishes
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    Cheers for the comments Dev and Pip.

Well just played for a couple of hours. Lost a BI at one table but made half of it back at another. 

Started going downhill towards the end so decided to call it a day before i lost another BI.

current total is £45.73 so not too much damage.
  • edited October 2012
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: £100 target playing nl4:
    good luck
    Posted by rancid
    Cheers rancid, 
  • edited October 2012
    good luck reaching your target im sure u can do it
  • edited October 2012
    gl m8 will be reading with interest

i like your hat btw :)
  • edited October 2012
    Played another 2 hour session today. Started with 2 tables again. Lost another buy in DOH! 

Decided to just carry on with the one table, didnt see much action. 

Ended the session sitting at £40.78. Hopefully i can pick things up towards the end of the week.

Cheers for the support Donk and Waller, hopefully see me and my hat at an SPT event someday!
  • edited October 2012
    Ok, so i got in from work this morning and couldnt get on a full nl4 table so decided to gamble a BI and take a shot at some nl10.

Reflecting on yesterdays action i was calling and raising all sorts of cards from any postion, so got my head together and was very aware of position and what cards i was willing to call and raise with. 

I think i must have been doing something right because i managed to turn my £10 BI to £39.80 covering my losses from the last couple of days. Bringing total BR to £62.51. :)

Just got to decide if i want to have another crack at nl10 or revert back to nl4. 

Anyways off to bed now, cya later poker chums and good luck at the tables!
  • edited October 2012
    Defeats the object off getting £100 by playing 4nl :P but gl any way
  • edited October 2012
    yea i kno i guess the challenge is no longer valid DOH!
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: £100 target playing nl4:
    Ok, so i got in from work this morning and couldnt get on a full nl4 table so decided to gamble a BI and take a shot at some nl10. Reflecting on yesterdays action i was calling and raising all sorts of cards from any postion, so got my head together and was very aware of position and what cards i was willing to call and raise with.  I think i must have been doing something right because i managed to turn my £10 BI to £39.80 covering my losses from the last couple of days. Bringing total BR to £62.51. :) Just got to decide if i want to have another crack at nl10 or revert back to nl4.  Anyways off to bed now, cya later poker chums and good luck at the tables!
    Posted by gaga87
    £40 BR + £30 profit = about £70.

U say you have £62.

:O
  • edited October 2012
    yes i missed out some play fromlast night sorry.