You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shoving the River in Cash

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi,

Just thought I'd get people's views on when to shove the river in cash.

I play 2p/4p and generally play with the max amount of chips so am usually at least 100 BBs deep.

Lately I have tried shoving the river a lot when I think I'm ahead and getting action from the other player in an attempt to stack my opponent.

Over the last few sessions I've tended to just get folds or be called by better AA over KK, set over set, straight over set etc.

Just wondered what people's guidelines are for doing this as opposed to going for a value bet.

Cheers,
Doug

Comments

• edited October 2012
    There are no set rules, you need to have an idea about how your opponent plays and be semi competent at hand reading.

For instance if you know you're opponent will never fold TP to any bet, or will never fold when he makes a straight (even if there's a 4flush out there), or never folds 2pr (and you have a set) etc etc, then you need to be able to hand-read to assess what he's likely to have.

If you do this and think he has a hand that he just isn't folding (and you beat it) shove.