You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Total Bankroll

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
my total bankroll (on about 5 different sites) is approximately £1200.

i play wherever i feel the most action is at that moment in time. so if i log into Sky and the tables are full of regs with a tiny average pot size, i play elsewhere and vice versa.

i'm just wondering whether it would be better to pool all my resources onto the softest site (here or 888) in order to

A) maximise my C4P/Rewards all on one site
B) take a shot at the higher levels with the pooled roll, i beat my current level but am very money orientated (i play to make money, not for any other reason) and am getting kinda bored with winning 2 BI's at £4 a time when i think i could bumhunt at higher levels and possibly win more.

also bumhunt being the operative word. i know i'm not fantastic at poker and there are many players even at NL4 here that are better than me, but i'm good at steering clear of stronger players and making my money out of the fishies

is there anyone else out there with a 'fragmented' bankroll and what would your advice be?

ps i'd probably take £1000 to make it a nice round number, and would be playing NL20

Comments

• edited October 2012
    whoever said donate to charity leave your details and i'll write you a cheque ;)
  • edited October 2012
    I said donate to charity  can you send cheque to liamboi11 cant win at poker charity lol

no but seriously if I were you I would instead of playing across 5 sites maybe just play 2 sites which you enjoy and feel you can win the most at.

plus you can play higher because I know wen I deposit and start again building my roll a get bored of 4nl after 2 days no offence to others that play 4nl because they are some gd players just that ive played up to 50nl with a proper roll and its a big difference playin to win £100 pot compared to £8.
  • edited October 2012
    Having rolls on multiple sites is a bad idea IMO when you are playing the levels that you are.

Clearly you hvae reasons for this tho so IMO have 2 rolls where you can play higher and focus.  At the moment you don't have a 'plan' in place and to grind thru the levels you have to put time and effort into that by sometimes playing harder games to improve as a player yourself.

• edited October 2012
    appreciate the response

i was thinking about centralising my roll onto an unused bank account and then depositing and focussing on one site for a bit, then withdrawing and maybe depositing on another etc. and i am trying to improve, it's just difficult with so many conflicting opinions out there so i'm trying to play the odds vs ranges way as much as possible and just trying to get as much in when i think i'm ahead

i am going to probably pool it and take a shot at some higher levels
  • edited October 2012
    Profits should be far greater than C4P.

C4P should just be a bonus, not your main aim, it's better to stick to levels you know you can beat reguarly IMO. Nothing wrong with keeping on with what your doing, if your winning you will get to that level eventually anyway.

I do the opposite though (lol) I have all my poker/betting money on here for a few reasons, I do sometimes think about trying other sites as well, but sometimes it's better to show loyalty to 1 site...
  • edited October 2012
    Pipunch in your pic what are u holding ?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Total Bankroll:
    Profits should be far greater than C4P. C4P should just be a bonus, not your main aim, it's better to stick to levels you know you can beat reguarly IMO. Nothing wrong with keeping on with what your doing, if your winning you will get to that level eventually anyway. I do the opposite though (lol) I have all my poker/betting money on here for a few reasons, I do sometimes think about trying other sites as well, but sometimes it's better to show loyalty to 1 site...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    why
  • edited October 2012
    Pipunch in your pic what are u holding ?
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    courgette. a certain forum member likes to think of me violating myself with it but i actually just took the photo cause it was MASSIVE. easily forearm sized. just how i like it.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Total Bankroll : why
    Posted by Pipunch
    You never know when you need help with something, or call in favours. If a company know you are loyal to them even when you get offers to "play away" they are more inclined to help you out.
  • edited October 2012
  • edited October 2012
    i think you're going well above the realms of what 99% of people playing online will ever get to tbh

the company are only gonna go to them lengths if you're pumping £1000's a month in rake their way through your action

the small stakes players like me aren't ever probably gonna get that treatment

i don't know with what situation you could ever call in a favour from a company like sky or stars or whatever but being a big name in the community isn't ever gonna get you very far i wouldn't think, and even if it did i don't think they'd throw the sort of hissy fit where they'd refuse you help because you cheated on them
  • edited October 2012
    anyway i decided to put the majority of my money (and the few £££'s from some other site i have due back via money transfer) on the other site for the pure reason that i'm currently freerolling on here from my C4P.

i only have 10 BI's for my level here but i'm sure i can turn it into enough to move up at least one level as i have done it a few times before

thanks for the advice to all, helped me think about some stuff
  • edited October 2012
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think Skypoker is a lot smaller than people realise. Yes you get a lot of people having their flying visits, come here and deposit, lose then leave, but in terms of regular players there are actually very few.

I didn't realise you were playing 4nl, I didn't really read the OP very well. That only strengthens my thoughts though. If you're playing 4nl then C4P shouldn't even come into your mind. I don't play there myself, but I heard some1 say they multi-tabled for an hour the other day and made about 10 points! You have to do 50x that just to win £4!

I think you've got the right idea about avoiding players who you think are decent reg players. Carry on what your doing IMO, if your winning then you will eventually earn the money on each site to move up. If your not winning then moving up is a bad idea full stop.

That's just my opinion of course, and looking at the voting I'm the only 1 with that opinion. lol
  • edited October 2012
    well i don't win as much as some other players, my BB/100 rate is probably very low, but i'm not too fussed with those sorts of figures as long as the figure with the £ next to it is moving up instead of down haha.

if i ever do get to semi pro level then i would just have to put more hours in than everyone else to earn the same, which i'm not really bothered by, when i first started playing and was at uni i was playing (literally) 18 hours per day

my goal really is to get to 100NL at least. then my plan would be to play at a winrate of a minimum wage type of thing, so i could earn from doing my hobby in my spare time and then perhaps to be able to go only part time at work, although i think with a decent sized bankroll and by choosing our opponents carefully anyone can probably make a really decent income on the side of their job just by being average ABC type players
  • edited October 2012
    well i don't win as much as some other players, my BB/100 rate is probably very low, but i'm not too fussed with those sorts of figures as long as the figure with the £ next to it is moving up instead of down haha. if i ever do get to semi pro level then i would just have to put more hours in than everyone else to earn the same, which i'm not really bothered by, when i first started playing and was at uni i was playing (literally) 18 hours per day my goal really is to get to 100NL at least. then my plan would be to play at a winrate of a minimum wage type of thing, so i could earn from doing my hobby in my spare time and then perhaps to be able to go only part time at work, although i think with a decent sized bankroll and by choosing our opponents carefully anyone can probably make a really decent income on the side of their job just by being average ABC type players
    Posted by Pipunch
    Ambitious I like it!

I would say though, you don't need to go anwhere near as high as 100nl to make it a part time job. You can do that from far lower down if you put some time into it. 

Minimum wage I expect would be something around £40 a day if you want some reg money on the side. Thats only 1 buyin at 40nl (Yeah check my maths out!) 
  • edited October 2012
    well that's the dream! i much prefer what Tommy D says he does, job with poker as a hobby/nice (very nice ;)) side income

i'm not stupid enough to think i can or will ever be able to own players consistently enough at higher limits to become a full time pro, and i don't really think i'd want to be anyway cause it's pressure
  • edited October 2012
    Lump £500 on Sky, play nl10 and see how you get on

if you reach £1000 - play nl20

rinse and repeat until your playing nl100

good luck

sometimes I'll have a courgette in a sausage caserole

• edited October 2012
    lmao thanks

with putting on the other site in $'s though, the standard is the same at their NL10 but it's actually less money

i've quadrupled up in one game on there so far and donked off 2 BI's on the other so it's pretty normal standards i would guess and i've been playing uber bad

dunno why the diary keepers don't try the $ 10NL as it would give them the shot earlier, but i can see why they would prefer it in £'s cause it's much more money for your toils. also the c4P thing really is secondary to me, but it's not nice having like £4-5 on 5 different sites, would rather it was all in one place

anyway off to listen to elton john whilst grinding and then probably sticking on Brokeback Mountain later to watch with the 'mrs'