You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

royal flush

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
hi guys some sites give you a bonus if you get a royal flush do sky

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to royal flush:
    Posted by potters186
    No.
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by potters186
    Hi potters

Fraid not, but good job they dont, cos Ive had 5 ov em :)
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by potters186
    I flopped a Royal Flush last night in the £22 deepstack. AS much as i would love a little cash boost to my bankroll I wont be holding my breath. To be honest i dont see why Sky should anyway.
  • edited November 2009

I think the odds of you having a Royal Flush are something like 1 in 2.5 million.

So if you played 5 hours per week, &, say, 40 hands per hour, you'd hit a Royal Flush every 240 years or so, give or take a century.

I don't think you are missing much. ;)
  • edited November 2009
    i hit a royal flush 3 times in 1 game, twice in final table along with 2 straight flushes inthat game too!
    needless to say i romped that mtt lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: royal flush:
    I think the odds of you having a Royal Flush are something like 1 in 2.5 million. So if you played 5 hours per week, &, say, 40 hands per hour, you'd hit a Royal Flush every 240 years or so, give or take a century. I don't think you are missing much. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    HOW MANY HAVE YOU HIT IN YOUR CAREER TIKAY?

ACTUALLY THIS IS A TRAP MATE TO WORK OUT YOUR TRUE AGE

LOL.DAV
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: royal flush : HOW MANY HAVE YOU HIT IN YOUR CAREER TIKAY? ACTUALLY THIS IS A TRAP MATE TO WORK OUT YOUR TRUE AGE LOL.DAV
    Posted by dav1964
    Statistically speaking, using Tikay's quoted average of 240 years, he should be due for his 3rd one any time now.
  • edited November 2009
    Odds of a royal flush are 1 in 649,740... not quite 1 in 2.5 million... ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Odds of a royal flush are 1 in 649,740... not quite 1 in 2.5 million... ;)
    Posted by BlackFish3
    If you're going to be pedantic, that's actually the odds of flopping a royal flush in Texas Hold 'Em, NOT the odds of making a royal flush.
  • edited November 2009
    Your missing my point... royal flushes are not as rare as 1 in 2.5 million.
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by potters186
    It's nearly Christmas time, you never know what might happen...

;)
  • edited November 2009
    iv done the maths and i worked out i dont really care lol its how u play it that will get u payed at the end of the day!
  • edited November 2009
    Your missing my point... royal flushes are not as rare as 1 in 2.5 million.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    yeah he got your point, the mans a mathematical genius !!!! (well he's quite good anyway)

I think you missed the lighthearted bit to be honest, Where he said if you want to be pedantic ?
  • edited November 2009
    i didnt mean to get you guys falling out lol
  • edited November 2009
    iv done the maths and i worked out i dont really care lol its how u play it that will get u payed at the end of the day!
    Posted by D3ADH4ND5
    It's very hard to get paid on this i've found. I don't know the "Optimal strategy" for extracting money out of this unless somebody just fancies bluffing at it.

They can't hold a flush higher than the 9 high (in their hand), the str8 is going to be cautious as there is min 3 suited cards to the board (thats if your lucky enough that no other card drops to give say 4 spades to the board in which case your not getting anything)

The bad end of the straight should not commit to this pot so i tend to run out of ideas and make almost nothing from the most awesome hand in poker lol
  • edited November 2009
     I believe that the sites that offer a bonus for hitting a royal charge a small percentage to all the players to cover this. So you are really just paying a lottery type game where you will continually pay out but not hit.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: royal flush : It's very hard to get paid on this i've found. I don't know the "Optimal strategy" for extracting money out of this unless somebody just fancies bluffing at it. They can't hold a flush higher than the 9 high (in their hand), the str8 is going to be cautious as there is min 3 suited cards to the board (thats if your lucky enough that no other card drops to give say 4 spades to the board in which case your not getting anything) The bad end of the straight should not commit to this pot so i tend to run out of ideas and make almost nothing from the most awesome hand in poker lol
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

i spose i was lucky then, had a player with a str8 ace high, a player with the str8 flush and a player with full house, i was holding a,k suited n the flop came down j,10,q of spades, i was sitting between the str8 flush hand and the full house, who at the time only had 2 pair ace's n 10's, it cheacked round and the turn was a 10, was cheacked to me and i bet big, i dont think theres a player out there that would beleve i had a royal as i had been betting the turn quite aggresivly all game so it got called by all, river was dead so i cheaked n the str8 flush pushed all in, full house called and after calling the turn the sr8 was all in pritty much all in anyway so he called i raised all in n the full house called.... out come.... me taking out 4 players, my only regret was it wasent on sky poker n in a bounty hunter lol  
  • edited November 2009
    I think the odds of you having a Royal Flush are something like 1 in 2.5 million. So if you played 5 hours per week, &, say, 40 hands per hour, you'd hit a Royal Flush every 240 years or so, give or take a century. I don't think you are missing much. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

Having 5 in about a year?, think id better do the lottery :)
  • edited November 2009
    Ive just hit a royal flush, my 1st one.

Pay me out sky, lol
  • edited November 2009
    Ive just hit a royal flush, my 1st one. Pay me out sky, lol
    Posted by Ozzie08
    LOOKS LIKE YOU PEAKED 39 MIN . TO EARLY ..... N1 OZZ , SHAME I MISSED IT
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: royal flush : LOOKS LIKE YOU PEAKED 36 MIN . TO EARLY ..... N1 OZZ , SHAME I MISSED IT
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Thnx m8 but im just warming up
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by potters186
    A couple of large sites have a 'royal' and 'bad beat' jackpots 
    They work something like this :-
    Royal - 50c / $1 cash table, 50c comes out of the winning pot and into the jackpot kitty. To win the jackpot, it must be spades, your hole cards must contain two of the royal cards, the whole game must be played out to the river and no chat must happen (collusion) The one with the 'royal' gets 80% of the kitty, the remainder in the hand get 10% and the site takes 10%lol. For all other royals its 25% of the jackpot.
    The bad beat is you must have quad 8's or better and get beaten, again both players must use the 2 hole cards in their hand, they must see the flop through, and no collusion in the chat box.
    As the saying goes - you dont get something for nothing - unless your in the freerolls lol. 
  • edited November 2009

I was correct - it's 1 in 2.5 million to one. Give or take 2 million or so.

That OK now?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to royal flush : A couple of large sites have a 'royal' and 'bad beat' jackpots  They work something like this :- Royal - 50c / $1 cash table, 50c comes out of the winning pot and into the jackpot kitty. To win the jackpot, it must be spades, your hole cards must contain two of the royal cards, the whole game must be played out to the river and no chat must happen (collusion) The one with the 'royal' gets 80% of the kitty, the remainder in the hand get 10% and the site takes 10%lol. For all other royals its 25% of the jackpot. The bad beat is you must have quad 8's or better and get beaten, again both players must use the 2 hole cards in their hand, they must see the flop through, and no collusion in the chat box. As the saying goes - you dont get something for nothing - unless your in the freerolls lol. 
    Posted by loonytoons
    Correct - so the players - NOT the site - pay for it.
  • edited November 2009
    I was correct - it's 1 in 2.5 million to one. Give or take 2 million or so. That OK now?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Perfect.
    Your answer is accurate; not precise, but accurate!
  • edited November 2009
    to confirm, nope.