You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HELP!- Beanah/sick grinders - multi tabling/two monitors x24 tables

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
You don't need a special mouse, if it's running too slow just turn up the cursor speed in control panel!

I play mine with 3 on top and 3 below on each monitor but they dont fit exact so I move the tables to inside (left hand monitor I move them to the far right... right hand monitor I move to far left).

I don't need any over lapping, it's just a case of training your eyes/ears to see/hear when it's your turn. The trick is to make your move then instantly look for other tables. If you stick watching some1's timebank go down while 12 tabling you will almost certainly time out on 1 or 2 other tables.

Use the pre-action buttons as much as possible, if you know your not going to play a hand in a month of mondays just click fold, it saves you having to do it when your in other big hands that need a few seconds thought.

You need to use your instincts as well, if a hand doesn't feel right then fold/check, if you look at 1 table more than 5 seconds you will of timed out elsewhere.

Comments

• edited October 2012
     Just a general query, running 9-12 tables atm - just looking at doing more + tips plz

If you run two monitors, what mouse do you use - so you can whizz back and forth between monitors ?
    Do you set it up a certain way to help ?
    i find whizzing around one monitor with 12 tables hard enough work

Also do you have tables popping up over the top of other applications when it's your turn to act or do you simply study the two monitors - tips plz
  • edited October 2012
    At the moment I am 12 tabling on one monitor and it's like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    You really have to go some just to get the mouse whizzing across the one monitor

I want to get another monitor and maybe play 9 & 9 first - and move up to 12 & 12

Just lookiing for any tips to make it easier when shizzing across two monitors and playing 18+ tables as 12 at the moment feels like a right grind )

But I thought i may help if when the action is on you the table flashes up over another program and then disappears once you do yoru action - if anyone has done anything like this - instead of constantly scanning all 24 tables for example -

like it flashes up when it your turn, you do whatever then minimise and it will flash up again when it's you turn

Think it would make it easier than trying to watch all them tables :S
  • edited October 2012
    Not really sure how that would, unless you physically click the minimize button each time which would be insane!

FWIW I was doing 9 tables on 1 monitor before I got my 2nd. I find it a lot easier to play 12 tables on 2 than it was 9 tables on 1. So your idea of 9 + 9 if your already 12 tabling 1 won't be too hard for you to adjust to.

A 2nd monitor will pay for itself over time
  • edited October 2012

You people amaze me. I currently play 3 tables at 20nl level and sometimes may squeeze in 4. I find it realyy hard to 4 table, especially with the lack of timebank on SKY and have no idea how you would even contemplat 24 tabling. Hats off to you.
  • edited October 2012
    Hello, rancid. Any lags playing so many tables m8? What's you hardware setup? What's internet connection? I'm asking, cause when i'm playing more than 6 tables, it's starts laggind awfully, disconnections, auto-folding cards etc...that's borring so i stick to 6 tables atm...I play on laptop c2d, 4gb ram, mobile graphics...Thanks for suggestions.Peace.
  • edited October 2012
    How the hell do you have time to make notes on players (as the experts keep saying we must do?).
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: HELP!- Beanah/sick grinders - multi tabling/two monitors x24 tables:
    How the hell do you have time to make notes on players (as the experts keep saying we must do?).
    Posted by VespaPX
    We make our notes before we start 12tabling. I think you should play your level for a while first, you will be playing the same players over and over again unless you play 4NL, so you get to know all your opponents, then you can 12 table imo.

Obv you can just 12 table readless at micro stakes and just play super ABC. It's not quite as profitable as playing with reads but the fact you can play twice as many tables will probably mroe than make up for what is lost in value from reads.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: HELP!- Beanah/sick grinders - multi tabling/two monitors x24 tables:
    In Response to Re: HELP!- Beanah/sick grinders - multi tabling/two monitors x24 tables : We make our notes before we start 12tabling. I think you should play your level for a while first, you will be playing the same players over and over again unless you play 4NL, so you get to know all your opponents, then you can 12 table imo. Obv you can just 12 table readless at micro stakes and just play super ABC. It's not quite as profitable as playing with reads but the fact you can play twice as many tables will probably mroe than make up for what is lost in value from reads.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Cheers for the reply bud
    I'm only a learning recreational player so won't be multi-tabling to that scale (3's enough on a Monday nite).
    I like going through my hand history to learn my mistakes and was thinking it would be good if you could make notes there !
    I prefer the people side of the game and like u say i get to know the regs at the low stakes DYM's i play.
    Thanks again
    Mick
  • edited October 2012
    My biggest mistake in life is becoming a rakeback grinder.

You would be better off working on your game and playing as optimally as possible.

If you ask any great player they will tell you not to play anymore than 6 tables.  There will always be an exception to the rule though....just have to look at nanonoko.

I'd reccommend playing well, making notes, studying and improving your game and moving up stakes.

I should really practice what I preach!
  • edited October 2012
    My biggest mistake in life is becoming a rakeback grinder. You would be better off working on your game and playing as optimally as possible. If you ask any great player they will tell you not to play anymore than 6 tables.  There will always be an exception to the rule though....just have to look at nanonoko. I'd reccommend playing well, making notes, studying and improving your game and moving up stakes. I should really practice what I preach!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    +1 to all of this. 
  • edited October 2012
    Get this bad boy to whizz around your screens. There are less geeky models available but Razor's are the best...

Mousemat by them is also recommended. 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to HELP!- Beanah/sick grinders - multi tabling/two monitors x24 tables:
     Just a general query, running 9-12 tables atm - just looking at doing more + tips plz If you run two monitors, what mouse do you use - so you can whizz back and forth between monitors ? Do you set it up a certain way to help ? i find whizzing around one monitor with 12 tables hard enough work Also do you have tables popping up over the top of other applications when it's your turn to act or do you simply study the two monitors - tips plz
    Posted by rancid

RE monitors, make sure you put them next to each other, 1 either side of the room like surround sound speakers doesn't work too well. hurts the neck after a while. If you find 12 hard maybe don't play 24? Sky has a form of actionable waitlist so you see which table pops up into focus next, but if you are in 'other' applications then it wont take control so you will just time out (yes I use lots of other apps whilst 24 tabling lol). When you have >6 tables DO NOT PRESS skys auto tile button. It doesn't understand two monitors so destroys any setting up you've done big style. There is no bigger tilt that having 2x 15 tables neatly set up by stakes all sat in playing and then clicking tile :(

RE mouse get twice as big for two monitors? :p

I have a couple of logitechs, and an ergonimical upright mouse. Currenty using the logitech g500. seems fine. Obviously have the mouse set to a high sensitivity to make it easy to move from one side to the other. Also playing FPS games really helps improve your mouse movement/accuracy.

In Response to Re: Attn - Beanah etc.. multi tabling/two monitors:
    At the moment I am 12 tabling on one monitor and it's like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa You really have to go some just to get the mouse whizzing across the one monitor I want to get another monitor and maybe play 9 & 9 first - and move up to 12 & 12 Just lookiing for any tips to make it easier when shizzing across two monitors and playing 18+ tables as 12 at the moment feels like a right grind ) But I thought i may help if when the action is on you the table flashes up over another program and then disappears once you do yoru action - if anyone has done anything like this - instead of constantly scanning all 24 tables for example - like it flashes up when it your turn, you do whatever then minimise and it will flash up again when it's you turn Think it would make it easier than trying to watch all them tables :S
    Posted by rancid

The whole point is tonnes of games not just one IS a real grind!

If you're not watching the tables how will you know what to do?!  IF you were to make your action then minimize the table it will pop back up onto the screen in line with the actionable queue when it next requires input. This would get really hard with more than just a few tables though.

In Response to Re: HELP!- Beanah/sick grinders - multi tabling/two monitors x24 tables:
    Hello, rancid. Any lags playing so many tables m8? What's you hardware setup? What's internet connection? I'm asking, cause when i'm playing more than 6 tables, it's starts laggind awfully, disconnections, auto-folding cards etc...that's borring so i stick to 6 tables atm...I play on laptop c2d, 4gb ram, mobile graphics...Thanks for suggestions.Peace.
    Posted by rurarix
    action lag is affected by your own number of tables when you get >24 running.  30 used to only just about hold up and it couldn't be during peak times when alot of other people are multi tabling. first things to go are being timed out utg alot of orbits.

internet speed is not normally an issue, it is normally whether it constantly connects.

my old laptop which was pretty high end struggled with more than 4 tables on sky alot of the time.

current pc setup is an old one:

pretty ugh psu, i5 processor, 4gb,  nvidia quadro fx4600 gfx, 2x 27" widescreen monitors.

In Response to Re: HELP!- Beanah/sick grinders - multi tabling/two monitors x24 tables:
    Posted by VespaPX

with alot of difficulty, the number of times the notes delete themselves when you open it or take so long to open you've made your action it's ridic. combined with the number of data entry problems making them all but unuseable (PRO tip when you try and make a note and the data entry problem keeps moving the cursor back to the top left, just accept you have to make your notes by adding new top lines, click inside the notes get forced to top left then use cursor arrows to go down 1 left 1, this puts you back at the end of the top line each time you want to add/edit a note; especially ones you are in the middle of writing when it moves away to another table).

You could also consider using a spreadsheet if you really find the notes system a hassle and want to take it seriously. For example you could use a google docs spreadsheet hosted online, with you searching for a player by their name with ctrl-f (when you start making alot of notes) which should be more consistent/detailed than any notes you can make on sky.

• edited October 2012
    Thanks for the response, sadly my PC struggles past 12 as I found out last night - getting time outs and AA disappearing before I can do anything - so annoying ) + table just freezing

So I am stuck at 12 unless I get a new PC - my inet connection is fine, very stable + fibre
    How can we pin point if it's the graphics card/memory/CPU or what relating to how many tables we can play -
    Maybe I just need more memory S:

As for the mouse thing, yes I used to be a FPS player online for 2-3 years and also at live lans - so my speed and accuracy is very good - but yeah ofc bean/flush I have turned my sensitivity up and it has helped - thanks

it don't stop the tops of my hand from hurting though :s

• edited October 2012
    thanks for reply beaneh. So may be it's my mobile graphics card strugling? Because i can see that CPU is only half load.Planning to build desktop PC on i5-3750K and some decent graphics, may be will be better. thanks.
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks for the response, sadly my PC struggles past 12 as I found out last night - getting time outs and AA disappearing before I can do anything - so annoying ) + table just freezing So I am stuck at 12 unless I get a new PC - my inet connection is fine, very stable + fibre How can we pin point if it's the graphics card/memory/CPU or what relating to how many tables we can play - Maybe I just need more memory S: As for the mouse thing, yes I used to be a FPS player online for 2-3 years and also at live lans - so my speed and accuracy is very good - but yeah ofc bean/flush I have turned my sensitivity up and it has helped - thanks it don't stop the tops of my hand from hurting though :s
    Posted by rancid
    What hardware do you have mate? I just want to compare with mine. THanks.
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks for the advice on notes Beaneh
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: HELP!- Beanah/sick grinders - multi tabling/two monitors x24 tables : What hardware do you have mate? I just want to compare with mine. THanks.
    Posted by rurarix
    Not at home now so can't say for certain - but will update l8tr -

PC is like 6-7 years old
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: HELP!- Beanah/sick grinders - multi tabling/two monitors x24 tables : Not at home now so can't say for certain - but will update l8tr - PC is like 6-7 years old
    Posted by rancid
    ok m8, thank you:)