You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good Fold? 50NL Mastercash

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic

This hand went raise then was 3 bet and i decided to smooth call on the button with QQ.  The origanal 3 bettor made a continuation bet on the flop and 2 of us called on a jack high flop.  The turn brought an 8 and he jammed i folded as i put him on KK or AA as i dont think hes jamming the turn with worse after 2 opponants calling him on the flop and the jam has to get through us both.  I just dont think he could ever ever be bluffing in this spot.

Comments

• edited October 2012

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesalmonishSmall blind £0.25£0.25£24.25beanehBig blind £0.50£0.75£115.48 Your hole cardsQQ   IcBear25Raise £1.50£2.25£71.32Die_hardFold    ..................Raise £5.00£7.25£45.00bearlytherCall £5.00£12.25£164.82salmonishFold    beanehCall £4.50£16.75£110.98IcBear25Call £3.50£20.25£67.82Flop  8J5   beanehCheck    IcBear25Check    ..............Bet £12.00£32.25£33.00bearlytherCall £12.00£44.25£152.82beanehFold    IcBear25Call £12.00£56.25£55.82Turn  8   IcBear25Check    ..................All-in £33.00£89.25£0.00bearlytherFold    IcBear25Fold    ..................Muck    ......................Win £54.45 £54.45......................Return £33.00£1.80£87.45
  • edited October 2012
    he has a perfect shoving stack on the turn and has seen two opponents willing to go with their hands so probably figures one of you may call with a J or an overpair

i personally would fold too
  • edited October 2012
    Well, what better turns were you hoping for other then Q?

Also, I really doubt he ever bets flop 4 way then checks turn, so if your not intenting to get it in then why call flop.
  • edited October 2012
    i think the question is how big do think his range is for doing this ?? as we played slow pre , his range is his normal openin hands which could have connected with this board hard, his range is defo alot bigger than AA and KK and in his eyes u cannot have QQ- AA .  his hand stenth (and yours) has stayed same from flop-turn so if u call flop thinking he's 'wde'enough then call turn.. plus u have under repped ur hand sumwhat ,  
  • edited October 2012
    If your calling the flop then u have to call the turn as its a brick for me looks like kings or aces only hand your beating is ace jack 
  • edited October 2012
    would work better if you took villain's name out.  with name in its a standard fold

there are few, if any, hands that he shoves into two players in this spot that are worse than QQ. 
  • edited October 2012
    I fold vs this villain but yh remove names

• edited October 2012
    you could probably fold the flop although it feels super nitty
  • edited October 2012
    Fold flop or call turn
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Good Fold? 50NL Mastercash:
    would work better if you took villain's name out.  with name in its a standard fold there are few, if any, hands that he shoves into two players in this spot that are worse than QQ. 
    Posted by huuuuume

This
  • edited October 2012
    I cant fold qq for 1 bet on that board ever and yes my hand strength has not changed on the turn the 8 is a complete blank but in poker we should be thinking what are opponant could have rather than ive got an overpair to the board and i had to consider that he showed no fear of slowing down on the turn after he got called my 2 people on the flop.  I dont think hes ever taking this line with aj only hand i can beat in his range here i think is ak of clubs which is thinking obtimistically other than that i think he can only have kk or aa.
  • edited October 2012
    I cant fold qq for 1 bet on that board ever and yes my hand strength has not changed on the turn the 8 is a complete blank but in poker we should be thinking what are opponant could have rather than ive got an overpair to the board and i had to consider that he showed no fear of slowing down on the turn after he got called my 2 people on the flop.  I dont think hes ever taking this line with aj only hand i can beat in his range here i think is ak of clubs which is thinking obtimistically other than that i think he can only have kk or aa.
    Posted by bearlyther
    when 2 people cold call a 3bet their ranges are basically almsot always TT/JJ/QQ. so when he cbets on this board i think QQ is basically never good unless he has AKcc unless you think he is cbetting to try and get someone to fold qq, which i would highly doubt
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Good Fold? 50NL Mastercash : when 2 people cold call a 3bet their ranges are basically almsot always TT/JJ/QQ. so when he cbets on this board i think QQ is basically never good unless he has AKcc unless you think he is cbetting to try and get someone to fold qq, which i would highly doubt
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

Yes fair point im not going to be cold calling a 3 bet with aj or something like that so he shouldnt be cbetting light into 3 players