You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stupid shove or just ul???

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
This hand is my exit hand from the 4kBH..........I'm obv shoving cos I want the bounty, right thing to do and just ul to run into QQ? Would a smaller raise have been better which would give me a chance to get away from the hand if I miss the flop (even tho the QQ would probably shove pre anyway??)
b_oakdave Small blind  15.00 15.00 7357.50
0mc Big blind  30.00 45.00 3200.00
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

honeybunch Raise  570.00 615.00 250.00
crazykaron Fold     
jazzyj Fold     
waller02 All-in  4002.50 4617.50 0.00
b_oakdave All-in  7357.50 11975.00 0.00
0mc Fold     
honeybunch All-in  250.00 12225.00 0.00
b_oakdave Unmatched bet  3370.00 8855.00 3370.00
b_oakdave Show
  • Q
  • Q

honeybunch Show
  • A

waller02 Show
  • A
  • K

Flop

Turn

River

b_oakdave Win Two Pairs, Queens and 7s 8855.00

Comments

• edited October 2012
    ul

ultimately how valuable is that bounty to you. If I have satellited into this bounty hunter i know i need only 1 bounty to be in profit, therefore i shove with AK.
    If i've paid the full amount........not gonna happen, satellite in or dont play high stake bounty hunters for me.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Stupid shove or just ul???:
    ul ultimately how valuable is that bounty to you. If I have satellited into this bounty hunter i know i need only 1 bounty to be in profit, therefore i shove with AK. If i've paid the full amount........not gonna happen, satellite in or dont play high stake bounty hunters for me.
    Posted by memfno
    yeah I sat in but that wasnt a factor in my decision. I had to raise to put the raiser all in anyway and I thought the shove would prevent others from calling.....there were only 2 more ppl to act after me and the chances of them having a hand good enough to call with were slim (or so I thought haha)

At least to went to a team mate eh :)
  • edited October 2012
    I think how ever much you had 3 bet the money was going in the centre pre flop, IMO standard race but the AT calling was a bit loose.
  • edited October 2012
    I think how ever much you had 3 bet the money was going in the centre pre flop, IMO standard race but the AT calling was a bit loose.
    Posted by waynec
    the a10 only had 250 chips behind...thats why I shoved to isolate cos they were as good as all in
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Stupid shove or just ul??? : the a10 only had 250 chips behind...thats why I shoved to isolate cos they were as good as all in
    Posted by waller02
    so he did I missed that but still think you just lost a standard coin flip UL!
  • edited October 2012
    standard - although a more typical bet may have been for 1500 - but it would all be going in.