You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GOOD NEWS?????

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat

Just received an e-mail from FT Poker announcing the new site will be up and running on 06.11 and all old accounts will be fully accesible using existing log in details.Following re-launch, you will have complete access to your account - including your full balance - and you can once again play on the innovative online poker platform that made Full Tilt Poker home to serious online poker players.

I dont have a balance but this should be good news to a lot of players on here.  YOU CAN WITHDRAW YOUR FUNDS FROM THERE AND USE THOSE FUNDS TO PLAY ON A SECURE SITE.

Comments

• edited October 2012

The weird thing about that e-mail is there was not even a hint of an apology to players who have been denied their rightful access to their money for over 18 months.

I'd love to see what players would say on THEIR Forum, but they don't have one. There's a thing. 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: GOOD NEWS?????:
    The weird thing about that e-mail is there was not even a hint of an apology to players who have been denied their rightful access to their money for over 18 months. I'd love to see what players would say on THEIR Forum, but they don't have one. There's a thing. 
    Posted by Tikay10

Even more reasons for players to withdraw their funds and deposit on here TK.
  • edited October 2012

They must have THE world's greatest PR agency, it beggars belief that they got away with that & players seem to accept it.

If I had worked for them, I would have died of shame. Fortunately, they resisted my mad skillz.
  • edited October 2012
    why would they apologise? it's owned by Stars now, nothing to do with Lederer/Bitar and those charlatans.

it will be safe from now on, same servers/accounts as Stars.
  • edited October 2012
    why would they apologise? it's owned by Stars now, nothing to do with Lederer/Bitar and those charlatans. it will be safe from now on, same servers/accounts as Stars.
    Posted by Pipunch

It's still trading using their company name so an apology would have been nice.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: GOOD NEWS????? : It's still trading using their company name so an apology would have been nice.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    yes but it's not like M&S have done it and it's kinda oblivious to their customers what's going on and they're just seeing the brand back up and running.

everyone knows that the people that originally ran it are to blame and should be the ones apologising. if anything Stars should be getting thanked for giving them their money back, they would never have gotten it otherwise

Stars have done an announcement basically saying 'the goons that ran it are no more, we're bringing you back the site you loved but now it's safe, and so are your funds' i don't see why they'd apoogise because SOMEONE ELSE ripped them off
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: GOOD NEWS????? : yes but it's not like M&S have done it and it's kinda oblivious to their customers what's going on and they're just seeing the brand back up and running. everyone knows that the people that originally ran it are to blame and should be the ones apologising. if anything Stars should be getting thanked for giving them their money back, they would never have gotten it otherwise
    Posted by Pipunch
    Completely agree with this.

However I really don't know why PS are launching the FT Brand.  Buy company, strip mine the software, client list, servers etc yes perfectly understand.  Pay back the FT players?  Again, great brand loyalty builder, personally I'd have PS branding all over that email telling you you've got your money back.  But run FT as FT?  I can only assume they are getting some real added value from doing this from someone.  Maybe added value from the DOJ?  It has to be a possibility.
  • edited October 2012

for stars it a win win, the loyal fulltilt player will stay for the best software. and if they don't then they set up a link between stars and full tilt so u can tranfere money over to stars.

plus the bonus of having a major chung of the online market share of poker.
    lets face it ft was poker main competitor sorry sky but it WAS between the two of them with poker star now owning ft they don't have that pressure any more.

but i guess they hope money put in to the poker world will help fuel another poker boom.

as most people including myself had moeny on there.
    but yeh i hope the refund all my 100's of step 1's 2's and 3's tickets.

• edited October 2012
    ^ i think party was actually bigger than stars before that online bill thing

and also your point is a bit weird. if they just didn't reinstate full tilt and instead decided to incorporate it into Stars, there would be no competition from FT anyway, so them using the brand to dominate the market doesn't make sense

imo they'd be better off transferring the usernames to Stars and allowing them to access their money there, obv allowing for duplicates and whatever. then some are likely to stay while some may just withdraw
  • edited October 2012

I dont think stars have apologise........they have got us all our money back and I for one am delighted.........now what to do with my $10.............

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: GOOD NEWS????? : Completely agree with this. However I really don't know why PS are launching the FT Brand.  Buy company, strip mine the software, client list, servers etc yes perfectly understand.  Pay back the FT players?  Again, great brand loyalty builder, personally I'd have PS branding all over that email telling you you've got your money back.  But run FT as FT?  I can only assume they are getting some real added value from doing this from someone.  Maybe added value from the DOJ?  It has to be a possibility.
    Posted by TommyD

Probably for the same reason that Ford, bought Mazda and other car companies and kept them running.  People like to have a choice,  there are Sky Players, Stars Players and there will be FT players again.  giving people a choice will attract more pople to the two sites than if they just closed it down and tried to egt the people to just play on Stars

IMO

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: GOOD NEWS????? : Probably for the same reason that Ford, bought Mazda and other car companies and kept them running.  People like to have a choice,  there are Sky Players, Stars Players and there will be FT players again.  giving people a choice will attract more pople to the two sites than if they just closed it down and tried to egt the people to just play on Stars IMO
    Posted by JockBMW
    Yes I understand that but previous to the takeover 100,000 Mazdas didn't suddenly have their wheels fall off.  The brand should be toxic, then again people didn't stop playing on UB after the SuperUser story broke.  Give them a good bonus and I'll sure people will flock.

Sigh
  • edited October 2012
    I very much doubt f tilt will struggle at all

players who had big balance there will be relieved to see it again, a lot will withdraw a lot will play there full time (presumably with a more than decent rakeback scheme)

new players will be attracted by what i presume will be good joining bonuses e.t.c

i had a few hundred dollars there and will take a look and play if the site seems juicy enough.

There are certain euro sites based in italy that are pretty much mafia run they have no protection, no regulation but still have massive traffic why? because they are incredibly soft, weigh up a 100% stable secure site versus a soft site that at one point you will almost certainly lose some money from.

risks you take
  • edited October 2012
    How long before a thread appears somewhere with the title ' **** FT poker, it's so rigged, I'm going back to Pokerstars'???
  • edited October 2012
    interesting to read all the above posts, but i think the main thing to come out of this for the ft brand is that everyone that now joins ft will be confident that it is going to be regulated with plenty of over site. if that includes the software they use then great. they will be top of the online tree in no time. good luck to them i say.