You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

5/10 action

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
going down now, 4 handed

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to 5/10 action:
    going down now, 4 handed
    Posted by Pipunch
    Nice find. Game will probably break when the regs realise the unknown isn't a fish though
  • edited October 2012
    i noticed no more observer chat unless you have 30 bigs in your account. LOL @ sky. absolutely dreadful solution to chat box shenanigans

guess i'm too poor to be allowed to rail with everyone else
  • edited October 2012
    never mind can rail a nice 50nl game..some pots get 3 figuires sometimes
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 5/10 action:
    i noticed no more observer chat unless you have 30 bigs in your account. LOL @ sky. absolutely dreadful solution to chat box shenanigans guess i'm too poor to be allowed to rail with everyone else
    Posted by Pipunch
    Wow so you cant even chat to players now unless your rich :D

• edited October 2012

Just abit of banter cocker. 

I was complimenting the size of your cucumber rather than ridiculing the size of your bankroll ;)

• edited October 2012
    Just abit of banter cocker.  I was complimenting the size of your cucumber rather than ridiculing the size of your bankroll ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    It's a courgette! Jeez how many times does the guy have to say... ;-)
  • edited October 2012
    i noticed no more observer chat unless you have 30 bigs in your account. LOL @ sky. absolutely dreadful solution to chat box shenanigans guess i'm too poor to be allowed to rail with everyone else
    Posted by Pipunch
    Morning Punchy.

That's a tad unfair, in my personal opinion, & in some caes, wrong.

You CAN still rail, & it is nothing to do with how "poor" or otherwise you may or may not be.

This problem of offensive chat HAD to be dealt with. Other sites allow it, fine, but Sky Poker are determined to deal with it. This is a problem caused by players, not by the Business, but it falls to the Business to try & find solutions. Whatever route they choose, they will get stick for it, but if players did not indulge in offensive chat & abuse, the problem would not exist. THAT is the root cause, & to solve a problem, the root cause first needs to be dealt with.

It was inevitable that the "I'm poor so I can't rail" line would be wheeled out, but that is missing the point completely. ANYONE can rail. The abuse & offensive stuff has been proven to come mainly from players with no, or very little, money in their account, so that is where the problem centres.

The current solution is not cast in stone, either, it can be tweaked, faffed, fettled, upped, downed, or in-betweened. For now, it will be monitored, & it may well be amended as appropriate.

There is a determination by the business that players should be allowed to play their poker & chat with the Rail without offensive nonsense disturbing them.

Incidentally, this was mentioned, in fine detail, on the Community yesterday, along with a bunch of other tweaks & twirls, bells & whistles. I'm happy to field questions on any or all of it, which can be found HERE 

"absolutely dreadful solution"?. Maybe, maybe not, but it had to be dealt with, & the Business knew it would get a bit of flak for it. But it WILL also get warmly welcomed by those who suffered that abuse, as we have had more complaints than enough from players who don't want to be subjected to rail abuse. The players deserve & must have priority over Railers, they just do, there is no other way of looking at it, would you agree?

Phew. And breathe.......;)     
  • edited October 2012

And you could always transfer your roll from the other 4 sites you play on and thereby be able to rail.

Although probs best you cant rail, only end in tears due to another chat ban.

Oh, and it may be a large courgette, but its a small marrow.
  • edited October 2012
      And you could always transfer your roll from the other 4 sites you play on and thereby be able to rail.   Although probs best you cant rail, only end in tears due to another chat ban.   Oh, and it may be a large courgette, but its a small marrow.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Top needling right there!
  • edited October 2012
      And you could always transfer your roll from the other 4 sites you play on and thereby be able to rail.   Although probs best you cant rail, only end in tears due to another chat ban.   Oh, and it may be a large courgette, but its a small marrow.
    Posted by pomfrittes

If he gets another one though, he could rail twomarrow
  • edited October 2012
    I think the cash game chat 30bb or w.e it is is a good solution from sky. wp. 
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by percival09
    +1
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by percival09
    +1. Arguably it should be more. 
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by percival09
    For what it's worth I completely disagree but as it seems I am in the minority maybe then you have to sometimes take this stuff on the chin.

I still think it's a really bad solution personally.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 5/10 action : For what it's worth I completely disagree but as it seems I am in the minority maybe then you have to sometimes take this stuff on the chin. I still think it's a really bad solution personally.
    Posted by TommyD
    I personally believe something had to be done about it, and whether Sky has introduced the 'right' amount of bbs to be able to chat on cash tables Idk, but I do think the most important thing is that something had to be introduced and Sky has done that so all is good from me. Tikay has mentioned that it's still open to change so perhaps if you have a better solution you could suggest it? 

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 5/10 action : I personally believe something had to be done about it, and whether Sky has introduced the 'right' amount of bbs to be able to chat on cash tables Idk, but I do think the most important thing is that something had to be introduced and Sky has done that so all is good from me. Tikay has mentioned that it's still open to change so perhaps if you have a better solution you could suggest it? 
    Posted by percival09
    I did, in both the original 'debate' thread and I rewrote it in the second one after the original got deleted by accident.  It's pretty long but the relevant cliffs are:

Min BB to rail chat = posion to community spirit

Bring in 'Call Mod' button (these are not Forum Mods, I'm talking about Customer Care people).
  • edited October 2012

Surely the right and proper solution is to ban anyone who uses abusive language on the rail.
     Why penalise the majority for the minority.
     Reminds me of English clubs being chucked out of Europe because of a few mindless idiots.

• edited October 2012
    Oh, fair enough.

I personally still think the 'having a certain amount of money to be able to chat at cash games' is the correct policy. Even more so with high stakes cash games. Yes, it'd be perfect if there weren't people who caused trouble in the chat box but unfortunately there are, and I don't think having a simple 'call mod' button would solve it all that well to be honest. 

Sky has the impossible job of trying to make everybody happy when making decisions, and I just think they're on the right track with this sort of decision.

• edited October 2012
    Well, if the problem is created by players that have £0 or close to £0 in their account then perhaps instead of minimum amount of BB it could be minimum amount played. Could even use C4P as the measure.

For example, players with less then x amount of points that week/month are not permitted to chat.

• edited October 2012
    Think they should give the power to the players at the table

So anyone playing can turn observer chat off for the whole table

but then again you'll allways get a mindless few just turning off for a laugh !

• edited October 2012

Next we won't be able to post a comment on the forum unless we have a certain bankroll.
     I thought SKYPOKER was the community poker site, not a private members club.
     It is like being back at school, anyone for detention.
  • edited October 2012
    Oh, fair enough. I personally still think the 'having a certain amount of money to be able to chat at cash games' is the correct policy. Even more so with high stakes cash games. Yes, it'd be perfect if there weren't people who caused trouble in the chat box but unfortunately there are, and I don't think having a simple 'call mod' button would solve it all that well to be honest.  Sky has the impossible job of trying to make everybody happy when making decisions, and I just think they're on the right track with this sort of decision.
    Posted by percival09
    That's all fair comment.  I won't get into the pros and cons of everything again, we had all of that on that thread.

The bolded part I completely agree with.  I'm not throwing the toys out of the pram or threatening to leave the site or stuff like that.  I disagree, others agree, we move on.
  • edited October 2012
    imo this policy makes sense, even though it might seem divisive
    the seriousness of disruptive chat on the game is proportional to the amount of money at stake - so to have a money based filter is consistent.
    and playing £5/10 on Sky with £1000+ pots flying back & forth is a big money game.
    The players were chatting to each other at times and it was good to be able to rail without any unpleasantness going on. sure let's consider alternatives, but I think it is a decent starting position.

• edited October 2012
    imo this policy makes sense, even though it might seem divisive the seriousness of disruptive chat on the game is proportional to the amount of money at stake - so to have a money based filter is consistent. and playing £5/10 on Sky with £1000+ pots flying back & forth is a big money game. The players were chatting to each other at times and it was good to be able to rail without any unpleasantness going on. sure let's consider alternatives, but I think it is a decent starting position.
    Posted by GELDY
    what are you even talking about?

you're creating a tiered system right there.

someone has the bankroll who can easily take a  5BI downswings at 5/10. disruptive chat is more serious for him than it is for someone who can easily take a 5BI downswing at .25/.50? having it money based is absolutely ridiculous. they're taking a line that stops people participating in something because they don't have enough money, at the end of the day.

if you want to go rail 5/10 in your local Genting are you gonna be credit checked before hand?

absolute nonsense
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 5/10 action : I did, in both the original 'debate' thread and I rewrote it in the second one after the original got deleted by accident.  It's pretty long but the relevant cliffs are: Min BB to rail chat = posion to community spirit Bring in 'Call Mod' button (these are not Forum Mods, I'm talking about Customer Care people).
    Posted by TommyD
    i agree with this why cant people who are offensive just be band from chat instead of the blanket 30 bb ban?
  • edited October 2012
    following a similar line, can sky please reserve seats for people who are going to buy in for the full amount? i'm sick of getting to a table with 5 seated players only to be beaten to the seat by someone who buys in for minimum.