You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

5k BH: Whats the weakest hand you call with here?

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
offshoot Small blind   30.00 30.00 6492.50
villain Big blind   60.00 90.00 5695.00
  Your hole cards

ryan83 Fold        
hu55tler1 Raise   180.00 270.00 6067.50
StayOrGo Fold        
Nutter5932 Fold        
offshoot Call   150.00 420.00 6342.50
villain Raise   555.00 975.00 5140.00
hu55tler1 Call   435.00 1410.00 5632.50
offshoot Call   435.00 1845.00 5907.50
Flop

• Q

offshoot Check        
villain Check        
hu55tler1 Check        
Turn

offshoot Check        
villain Bet   1010.00 2855.00 4130.00
hu55tler1 Fold        
offshoot Call   1010.00 3865.00 4897.50
River

offshoot Check        
villain All-in   4130.00 7995.00 0.00
offshoot?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    reckon he had qq ! cnt really put him oon 56 or lower set due to pre imo! i still call with a worse set tho! he might b eoverplyin aq
  • edited October 2012
    Villain is a good cash reg.
  • edited October 2012
    you havent given us any reads so hard to say. I guess a set is the weakest. Perhaps 2p but his line looks pretty strong unless he's like value shoving jj cos i take it theres a lot of history between u 2
  • edited October 2012
    i dont think i have a calling range here
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 5k BH: Whats the weakest hand you call with here?:
    i dont think i have a calling range here
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

+1

only QQ ) then oppo has straight lol - 56s 3 bet pre oop :S
  • ybyb
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 5k BH: Whats the weakest hand you call with here? : +1 only QQ ) then oppo has straight lol - 56s 3 bet pre oop :S
    Posted by rancid
    also with hands that we can call a shove with i'd think we'd be betting turn, its not like the 7 has hit the villain's range
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 5k BH: Whats the weakest hand you call with here? : also with hands that we can call a shove with i'd think we'd be betting turn, its not like the 7 has hit the villain's range
    Posted by yb

true, guess offshoots hand S:

10's or AQ )
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 5k BH: Whats the weakest hand you call with here? : true, guess offshoots hand S: 10's or AQ )
    Posted by rancid
    nope
  • edited October 2012
    I'm gonna guess you hero called with like 6th pair and won?///////
  • edited October 2012
    I'm gonna guess you hero called with like 6th pair and won?///////
    Posted by percival09
    Yeah, Iassume he called wth QJ, because he decided that oppo definitelty had no single pair Q in his range, so was either going with TT/JJ (having missed the gutshot) or else was crushing with 77 or QQ [both of which the OP wa ble to rule out due to his reads, ofc ]

• edited October 2012
    River shove kinda makes it look like hes got it all or nothing. You would expect him to slow down with kk or AA on the river. I think QQ or AK (unless hes been getting out of line alot). Like Lol_Raise said it's hard to have a calling range here if you think hes strong. If your suggesting that you do have a calling range then a part of you thinks hes bluffing? Or you have an underset and are unsure?
  • edited October 2012
    Villain did manually type 1010 for his turn lead.. Not 100% sure what that means, maybe that he is in a random mood meaning he will be bluffing more. 

If he's a 'good cash reg' then IF IT WAS FOR VALUE id expect him to make turn a little bigger so river doesnt have to be > pot. 

3bet pre and check flop quite often means back doors.. eg 10J hearts, 89hh, etc etc. Or 2nd pair / underpair. I think it means this wayyy more often than checking back AA / KK / QQ. 

More likely he just doesnt like you and fancies putting you in some tough spots IP whilst he is still 100bbs deep like he is comfortable with as a cash reg. 

Im being a bit vague and pointless.. but in summary im leaning towards bluffy / lighter holdings for villain. If I was guessing your exact hand i would say 66.. maybe 55. Villains hand id stab at 10,8s

• edited October 2012
    Villain did manually type 1010 for his turn lead.. Not 100% sure what that means, maybe that he is in a random mood meaning he will be bluffing more.  If he's a 'good cash reg' then IF IT WAS FOR VALUE id expect him to make turn a little bigger so river doesnt have to be /> pot.  3bet pre and check flop quite often means back doors.. eg 10J hearts, 89hh, etc etc. Or 2nd pair / underpair. I think it means this wayyy more often than checking back AA / KK / QQ.  More likely he just doesnt like you and fancies putting you in some tough spots IP whilst he is still 100bbs deep like he is comfortable with as a cash reg.  Im being a bit vague and pointless.. but in summary im leaning towards bluffy / lighter holdings for villain. If I was guessing your exact hand i would say 66.. maybe 55. Villains hand id stab at 10,8s
    Posted by pr1nnyraid
    Dont really think this is true. Say villain has TJ and decides to 3bet. Well hes turning his hand into a bluff. In that sense the flop is a perfect flop for him to continue bluffing or semi bluffing and take down the pot. I cant see any justification for not cbetting with air there.

He may well check if he hits the flop with middle pair or JJ or something. His turn and river bets kind of rule out a middling hand though. You dont suddenly decide to go crazy with 2nd pair once someone calls you, especially after checking the flop for pot control.
  • edited October 2012
    Did a post it didnt make any sense so i deleted it

But basically i dont mind hero calling providing we have loads of history with the villain and we know he can do weird bluffs.

I think he coulda squeezed pre with 56s and got there on the turn too tho, so its close but i dont mind calling with the Q or maybe worse if i am feeling brave lol

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 5k BH: Whats the weakest hand you call with here? : Dont really think this is true. Say villain has TJ and decides to 3bet. Well hes turning his hand into a bluff. In that sense the flop is a perfect flop for him to continue bluffing or semi bluffing and take down the pot. I cant see any justification for not cbetting with air there.  He may well check if he hits the flop with middle pair or JJ or something. His turn and river bets kind of rule out a middling hand though. You dont suddenly decide to go crazy with 2nd pair once someone calls you, especially after checking the flop for pot control.
    Posted by offshoot
    He may not think his cbet will be credible and he might know you or villain will just c/c off stacks with a Q. If he's good then he knows checking will keep his value range wider and narrows his bluff holdings. 

You say you are confident villain will cbet his bluffs / back doors here.. Why? I don't think he will expect to take this down with just a cbet and feels firing turn and / or river is the more credible option. Whether villain has value or bluff I think it's relatively well played and the unorthodox line has confused you and has you contemplating how light to stack off.