You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PAUL HART SACKED!

edited November 2009 in The Shed
Paul Hart has been sacked as Pompey boss. Darren Ferguson is the bookies favourite to get the job. Avram Grant is also in the frame.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    AVRAM GRANT IS A CERT HES ALREADY THERE WE HAVENT GOT THE MONEY TO GET ANYONE ELSE FEEL SORRY FOR HART BEEN GIVEN CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYERS, HAS BEENS AND NEVER WERES. DAVID JAMES,KABOUL,DIOP(WHOS INJURED) ARE THE ONLY PREMIERSHIP STANDARD PLAYERS WEVE GOT AND THAT THE OWNERS FAULTS NOT HARTS.
    HALF THE TEAM GO TO THE AFRICAN CUP IN JANUARY AND WE CURRENTLY CANT REPLACE ANY OF THEM
  • edited November 2009
    barnsley fan here and trust me getting rid of paul hart is the best thing pompey have done all season
  • edited November 2009

If I was Peter Storrie, and the money is tight, there would only be one man for the job for me! and thats Darren Ferguson! I'm sure if he got on the blower to his old man he could get a few fringe players on loan.... Players not good enough yet for United but that need a run in the Premiership... Like Tosic, Machada, Gibson(with Hargreaves coming back), De Laet, Welbeck and Josh King

They are good quality players that could stand out in a team like pompey atm.. they would play without fear because they know they probably wont be playing championship football next season but possibly champions league if they impress! 

Avram Grant for me is an obvious choice, but would he want to risk being the man who takes them down after his last big achievement was getting Chelsea to the champions league final?

It would be a shame to see Pompey go down, but anything is possible after Newcastle and Boro's departures last year

• edited November 2009
    This hurts.
    I've been following Pompey for donkey's years.
    Season ticket holder from 87-91, then 94-95 season, then in 2001-2003 all whilst working down south.

It seems the way of football these days, but who is going to do any better with the current squad?

Nobody I'd guess.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: PAUL HART SACKED!:
    If I was Peter Storrie, and the money is tight, there would only be one man for the job for me! and thats Darren Ferguson! I'm sure if he got on the blower to his old man he could get a few fringe players on loan.... Players not good enough yet for United but that need a run in the Premiership... Like Tosic, Machada, Gibson(with Hargreaves coming back), De Laet, Welbeck and Josh King They are good quality players that could stand out in a team like pompey atm.. they would play without fear because they know they probably wont be playing championship football next season but possibly champions league if they impress!  Avram Grant for me is an obvious choice, but would he want to risk being the man who takes them down after his last big achievement was getting Chelsea to the champions league final? It would be a shame to see Pompey go down, but anything is possible after Newcastle and Boro's departures last year
    Posted by cummins
    DONT REMEMBER FERGIE LOANING ANY PLAYERS TO OTHER PREMIERSHIP TEAMS (APPART FROM CAMPBELL AND THAT WAS ONLY TO GET THE BERBATOV DEAL DONE)
  • edited November 2009
    whilst pompey have not been great this season feel a bit sorry for Pauil Hart. HAd all his best players sold from under him and was working under great uncertainty. Would not have gave him job in the first place mind.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: PAUL HART SACKED!:
    whilst pompey have not been great this season feel a bit sorry for Pauil Hart. HAd all his best players sold from under him and was working under great uncertainty. Would not have gave him job in the first place mind.
    Posted by jamesboz
    I agree. They sold a lot of players & brought in players who are good at championship level but can't quite cut it in the prem. Even though they had a bad start the performances were good, then they started to pick up points & now they've sacked him. Unbelieveable. They're gonna lose a few players in January for the African Nations & if Spurs take O'Hara back in Jan then I fear the worst for the Pompey boys.