You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a call on the river? i got alot of abuse from this guy for calling think its standard call

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
argoSmall blind £0.10£0.10£35.59Stew1Big blind £0.20£0.30£17.23 Your hole cardsKK   IDONKCALLURaise £0.60£0.90£41.90argoCall £0.50£1.40£35.09Stew1Fold    Flop  Q8J   argoCheck    IDONKCALLUBet £1.00£2.40£40.90argoCall £1.00£3.40£34.09Turn  Q   argoCheck    IDONKCALLUCheck    River  7   argoBet £3.40£6.80£30.6

Comments

• ybyb
    edited October 2012
    b/f turn imo

as played id probably fold readless to the psb
  • edited October 2012
    def bet ott

meh i probs fold cos it's psb. probs call a std size bet 
  • edited October 2012
    Not betting turn = you don't ever have a Q imo.

I bet turn.

The river is probably a fold but in game I probably station off.
  • edited October 2012
    we wouldn't really be betting the turn to rep a Q. we'd be betting to get value for our hand cos we're ahead of a lot of his range.
  • edited October 2012

Used to respect this guy but he's absolutely terrible. His game, but especially his behaviour in the chatbox. 

Used to think he was just a silly reg that liked to abuse fish. 

But he's a silly fish that likes to abuse fish (this thread is evidence of that ;)

Sort it out argo if you're reading this. 

• edited October 2012
    I didn't mean we should be repping the Q. We should be betting and it is for value but what I mean is, I think IDCU (and most people) checks the turn with Qx here abuot 0% of the time, so when he checks the turn, I think he never has Qx ever and it opens himself to someone taking the pot off him on this kinda river.

Depends on how much of a thinking player the villian is though. But then if he is a thinking player, then it's potentially more reason to call the river when we have checked the turn.
  • edited October 2012
    I think the way hand played I call on river vs certain opponents could have jx hands or missed draws plus by checking the turn you have kept pot small to call river imo.

but yeah I agree with others I bet flop and turn also for value vs the range a hands he can have.

and yeah doh played this guy plenty times before he just gives every1 abuse when you beat him or stack him.He gave me abuse once cause I raised up with suited connectors flopped big and stacked him by river said I was a complete donk etc i just lol at him but thinks hes better than what he is actually imo.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Is this a call on the river? i got alot of abuse from this guy for calling think its standard call:
    I think the way hand played I call on river vs certain opponents could have jx hands or missed draws plus by checking the turn you have kept pot small to call river imo. but yeah I agree with others I bet flop and turn also for value vs the range a hands he can have. and yeah doh played this guy plenty times before he just gives every1 abuse when you beat him or stack him.He gave me abuse once cause I raised up with suited connectors flopped big and stacked him by river said I was a complete donk etc i just lol at him but thinks hes better than what he is actually imo.
    Posted by liamboi11
    This
    He's so lolbad I imagine you were winning.
  • edited October 2012
    against this player i would bet turn and river for value as he will easily call down with worse and essentially turn his hand face up if he has us beat...he has zero moves.  think you missed value here

also agree totally with what dohhhh and liam above said
  • edited October 2012
    well i didnt know how he plays as its 1st time we met yeah missed lil value not betting turn but after hes abuse i said to argo im leaving table now and with ya winnings i get a lil summit from argo s :)
  • edited October 2012
    Agree lads but please take his name out, not as respect as not to let him know how we think he plays. 

He see's this could start trying moves, different lines making his once easy money harder to obtain! Don't educate the vaue!
  • edited October 2012
    I think the turn is defo a bet, sure he can have a Queen, but so can you, so he's not going to take off too lightly here.

Generally speaking pot control in cash games when you're IP is not what you want to be thinking, when we're IP our aim should be to put maximum pressure on this guy at all time. If he has a queen he has a queen lets not worry too much about that, lets worry about putting maximum pressure on J9/JT/89/8t/KT/spdae draws/TT/AJ and all these hands he has that we beat, also most hands on a texture like this will have gut-shots or draws so even the weakest hands will have equity, so him folding 89 on the turn is better than him getting to see a free river card when most of the time he'll prolly not call a river bet on a brick (this guy might IDK but generally)

Checking to pot control and call any river bet just basically gives him a free pass to try outdraw us and we lose 1 more bet against a Queen whereas we lose 1 bet against a queen by bet-folding the turn.