You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl, is there any way I can win this pot?

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic

I'm readless again, shock :(

I think when I c/r this board he's going to fold quite alot this deep....

Is it a mistake to take this line 170xbb deep? Just c/c down?

Obv got to go with it once I c/r if he bombs, but he does some wierd click 3bet....

I think his range now goes to like sets or bluffs? With overpairs I think he flats my raise or makes a bigger 3bet?

I spose he could have a similar hand to me, 2 overs & fd?

Then he checks back the turn?????

Could he really have Tx, AT/KT?

I'm confused at this point.

On the river I think his range is pretty weak, but I can't rep anything!!!! So is there any way I can win this pot? Just check and hope he checks back KJdd or something?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
AJ_Rockets Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £31.20
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £52.20
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

ronnieg197 Fold     
rob65 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £30.65
Shark1980 Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £50.82
ShozChar Fold     
AJ_Rockets Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.90 £2.85 £51.30
rob65 Fold     
Flop

DOHHHHHHH Check     
Shark1980 Bet  £2.14 £4.99 £48.68
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £5.40 £10.39 £45.90
Shark1980 Raise  £8.10 £18.49 £40.58
DOHHHHHHH Call  £4.84 £23.33 £41.06
Turn

• J

DOHHHHHHH Check     
Shark1980 Check     
River

DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited October 2012
    readless this deep I probs 3b w/ aqs pre. Likely unknowns will call w/ worse enough at 30nl. But calling isnt bad as it keeps the fish in the pot (even tho he folds. sigh)

I either flat otf or raise bigger w/ stacks being deep. As played I think calling his 3b otf is correct as if you get it in you might only be drawing to 9 outs max.

I really don't think u can bluff here. You're raising otf w/ air occasionaly, fd, and sets. You'd probs 4b a set otf. Depends how bad villain is. Idk what he's 3betting otf w/ and checking ott - hard to narrow his range w/o reads.

tbh I don't think he's folding any pair. You're only folding out all his weird bluffs that I doubt he has. I like c/f

• edited October 2012
    flop & turn is fine

don't think oppo folds K10dd or something

hard to say if oppo will fold w/o reads )

is oppo really checking turn with 3's or 5's
  • edited October 2012
    As played, checking is the only option. You look like you're drawing on the flop imo, and you're oppo will snap off.

I like to play these real fast, so with your equity as it is on the flop, slap it all in! Plenty of fold equity obv, and if he was bluffing, who cares? you only have A high yourself. Also by jamming, you may get the 10xs to fold, well you probs should get a fold out of them.
  • edited October 2012
    bet fold 30 pence

:)
  • edited October 2012
    what are u repping on a blank river id be tempted to reraise on the flop 
  • edited October 2012
    I agree that on the flop if your going to raise and get 4 bet then youve got to be prepared to get it all in, if not dont reraise the flop just call, otherwise your commiting alot of your money losing pot control- All on a draw.  As it stands there now a bloated pot and you dont no where you stand, i think you have decent showdown value here ........imo its looks like he could have 10x , i dont no any other reason why he would check the turn after looking so strong on the flop
  • edited October 2012
    Would defo re-raise on the flop. When he 3bets the flop here this deep I think he's really polarised, like I don't think he is going to re-raise AT for example, so he either has a set (most likely TT after a 3bet preflop) or an overpair.

You rep TT quite well yourself, and of the overpairs possible you have 3 more outs vs 3 of them and 6 more outs vs 1 of them plus a runnign striaght draw. Plus he could have a and like KJdd or JTdd whereas JTdd looks like a bad hand for us it's actually not much difference to an OP as we have 6 live pair outs.

I also think he might be bluffing a lot, of better still call and fold the turn, or maybe even fold an overpair right now OTF. Either way you can put him to a tough decision and then when you get it in you'll get it in fine for the most part.

Gives you a few more ways to win the pot over just making a diamond - speshly as you're OOP
  • edited October 2012
    oh and defo c/r the flop bigger, this deep he might be encouraged to peel quite wide to a small raise like this, I'd make it at ~£8 we really try make life difficult for him.