You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Biggest pot on sky?

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
Whats the biggest pot you have seen on the SKY cash tables?
Watch out for a big one on top of the pots next time its on.

Edit: Just realised it was not on a TV table so dont think it will be shown.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    If i remember it was about £9k

On £5/10 heads up NL

lolufold ended up leaving with £12kish give or take few hundred this was over a year ago memory fading me
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Biggest pot on sky?:
    Whats the biggest pot you have seen on the SKY cash tables? Watch out for a big one on top of the pots next time its on. Edit: Just realised it was not on a TV table so dont think it will be shown.
    Posted by jonjo75
    How big was it?

Stu
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Biggest pot on sky?:
    In Response to Biggest pot on sky? : How big was it? Stu
    Posted by Dumbmofo

• edited October 2012
    Not too sure what one he is on about, he posted at  1:53pm so its prob not the one im about to ay :( was a game at 5/10 this morning at 10:30 ish, a regs opponent (non reg) got up to £5.500 but then a pot of £2900 lefthim with £3.500ish, then the reg sat out a few hands later. Dunno if his on about that pot. Certianly not the biggest any way :D
  • edited October 2012
    Pretty sure I saw a 15k pot once on 25/50.
  • edited October 2012
    Pretty sure I saw a 15k pot once on 25/50.
    Posted by scotty77
    At least... 
  • edited October 2012
    I have only just realised today that top of the pots is actually only the top pots from the TV tables so when I saw the £8k+ pot I thought it was massive compared to them.
  • edited October 2012
    in the very early days when there was still £100/£200 tables there was definitely one pot which was £40k+ which i remember.  there used to be a player called legno(apparently Andrew Feldman) who sat waiting at high stakes heads up tables for action. 

if i remember correctly he was playing an unknown and the pot was K8 suited for the unknown and AA for legno aipf.  the unknown had stacked legno previously but was playing completely wild and got himself stuck in a bad spot.  AA held and legno finished opponent off pretty quickly after that but the unknown claimed to be a top player at another site and offered to take the action there as he couldnt deposit anymore here.
  • edited October 2012
    Lol, I know this sounds bad but this is funny. 'got himself stuck in a bad spot', classic.
  • edited October 2012
    How would you attract more high stakes players here? is it any thing sky can do?(obv they would have tired/trying by now if they could, but i guess they just go to the site which has the most "fish"
  • edited October 2012
    don't personally thing they should be aiming to attract to high stakes players... its not like players are going to be attracted here to rail the action so they would be better off trying to bring more lower stakes players in. 

'Got him self stuck in a bad spot' - i was trying so hard to find a nice way of phrasing it lol. 
  • edited October 2012

Some "bad spot" that......

To reinforce a comment from above, the "Top of the Pots" hands are ONLY from Tables with a TV Icon.
  • edited October 2012
    How would you attract more high stakes players here? is it any thing sky can do?(obv they would have tired/trying by now if they could, but i guess they just go to the site which has the most "fish"
    Posted by shaun09
    Hi Shaun,

Whilst the Business wants to attract a wide range of Clients, "high stakes" players, especially the predatory ones, are not high on the list of priorities, or a market that this Site would prioitise.

The "wow" hands that so many enjoy watching are not as good for the business as you might think, & unless a site has extremely high top end liquidity, they are not always good for the site in the wider sense, as players often end up going busto, or sending others busto, which is no good to anyone.

Sky Poker will continue to target sign-ups from a wider spectrum of players, but more especially those relatively new to poker.  
  • edited October 2012
    I heard a rumour there was a pot over 100k.

As for nosebleed stakes, surprised sites offer it doesnt create any more rake than a mid stakes game and I imagine it causes problems for the site when large amounts of money are being thrown about.

Sure I read party and ipoker stopping games over 5/10 to help liquidity.
  • edited October 2012
    shaun why would the poker pros come to sky when max is 25/50 im sure they play alot higher on other sites 
  • edited October 2012
    and no 1 would give action to pros on here as alot of time all u see on sky is 50 tables of heads up just 1 player waiting lol
  • edited October 2012

saw one for 15k about year ago heads up