You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT 6-Max Feedback

2»

Comments

• SPTSPT
    edited October 2012
    It's up to the players though

A deal can and often comprises a money split and a split of trophy/added value etc etc

So unless an event has a stipulation that money has to be left to play for, or it has to be played out (even if just one hand all in to decide a winner) then the players can split the money and any other items how they wish, and stop playing....(subject to a TD overseeing it for fairness). The live stream is way down the list of priorities in this process for the players, as it should be

Whether the SPT should have such a stipulation is a reasonable debating point, of course
  • edited October 2012
    I don't mind players doing a deal when it's out in the open like this, it's certainly better than players doing a deal behind closed doors imo.

I think the main gripe here is NOT the deal, it's the fact that the trophy was not played to it's conclusion which was dissapointing to some.

I remember a deal being done not too long ago where once both players had agreed a cash figure they also allocated £1,500 of the prizepool to be played for along with the trophy.

Now given the fact that both players were almost evenly stacked and the game could have continued into the early hours, is it not a possibility that once a deal for the cash has been agreed, then both players are given equal stacks to the sum of 100 or 200 BB's for instance and play the game to its conclusion so we have a decisive winner?

I would love to win the Trophy at an SPT, I would also be happy to make a deal for the cash. I certainly wouldn't be happy saying I had won an SPT Event/Trophy when clearly in this instance that was not the case.

Spin it how you will, but the trophy was clearly purchased as part of the deal imo.

I'm happy doing a deal HU for the cash. I'm not happy doing a deal for the trophy.
  • edited October 2012
    By the way - I would also like to say, I very much enjoyed the live feed and running commentary.

Those guys work so hard and very long hours at SPT Events and deserve a little praise from time to time (Even though they do get payed to do it lol)

So...............Well Done Guys....and Girls of course. :)
  • edited October 2012

Great debate.

I hope whatever your views, we can all agree it was a terrific weekend, & the manner of it's ending certainly did not detract from that for me.

For me, the fun was seeing so many friends & regulars going well, having fun, enjoying themselves, & most of all, meeting folks "in real life", because when "virtual" (online) friends meet in real life it is the greatest thing in greatville. Nothing can detract from that.

The whole weekend was sick 

Kudos to Rich Prew, too, for his incredible energy & non-stop work.

• edited October 2012
    Weekend all good apart from
    1.  Lasagne
    2. "garlic" bread
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: SPT 6-Max Feedback:
    Weekend all good apart from 1.  Lasagne 2. "garlic" bread
    Posted by SoLack
    It was free and served by lovely ladies... what was not good about that?

Also "Greengrass" saw me accidentally throw my dinner over myself, he laughed at me then pulled in his electric scooter for a chat... Luckily i only lost the salad...

Only at SPT's :)

• edited October 2012
    as the buy ins and sky in general gets bigger this will happen more often

simple