You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BvB. Line check. low end of straight. x/c or b/f

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Firstly the player in the big blind has been playing pretty standard pre-flop. That is, they don't seem to be calling everything with ATC. I raise here because there is a good chance I have the best hand and I can steal the blinds. Also I feel he is the type of player that will call to hit and fold to a c-bet often enough for me to show proffit. After the flop I'm effectivley done with the hand and hoping for a cheap showdown with top pair no kicker.

On the river I figure he either has a better straight, a king, or nothing at all. If I check-call then I lose all value from any Kx hands and if I bet I have to fold to a raise and might even fold out hands as good as KJ or two-pair.

Did I make the right decicion and is there any reason to hero-call the shove on the end?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jugglegeek Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £11.15
BB Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £17.45
  Your hole cards
  • K

UTG Fold        
MP Fold        
CO Fold        
BTN Fold        
jugglegeek Raise   £0.25 £0.40 £10.90
BB Call   £0.20 £0.60 £17.25
Flop

• K

jugglegeek Bet   £0.45 £1.05 £10.45
BB
Call   £0.45 £1.50 £16.80
Turn

jugglegeek Check        
BB Check        
River

jugglegeek Bet   £0.75 £2.25 £9.70
BB All-in   £16.80 £19.05 £0.00
jugglegeek Fold        
BB Muck        
BB
Win   £2.77   £2.77
BB
Return   £16.05 £0.23 £18.82

Comments

• edited October 2012
    what's your plan on the turn and river once you check ott?

I b/f otr bigger
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: BvB. Line check. low end of straight. x/c or b/f:
    what's your plan on the turn and river once you check ott? I b/f otr bigger
    Posted by percival09
    I'm giving up on the turn. Most likely I'm check folding since I think it's unlikely that this particular villian bluffs the turn. A few hands ago he had the oppertunity to steal on a drawy board and played it passive before folding the river.

On the river, if it's a total blank I might check-call a small bet <50%. Obviously if the river is a non-heart 4 then I might like my straight a bit more.
  • edited October 2012
    on the turn youd think the 8 probs hits quite a bit of his calling range so I don't really mind the check. It certainly isn't bad, but I think I'd be more inclined to bet for value, expecting to be called by a lot of 1pair hands w/ a straight draw that we're still ahead of.