You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Major changes tonight.........

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat

Good afternoon.

It has been mentioned elsewhere that there will be a very long outage tonight, starting at Midnight, though to 10.30am tomorrow, as explained
HERE

This will be the ENTIRE Sky Betting & Gaming platform, which includes Poker, Bet, Vegas, & Bingo.

There will be no changes "visible" tomorrow when services resume, as the Outage is to enable the last stage of a major capacity upgrade to take place. This is necessary due to the huge increase in traffic in the last few years, coupled with the expected continuation of the growth of SB&G. 

Cliffs on the changes to tonight's Sky Poker schedules will be in my next Post.

If you have any questions, fire away. 

Apologies for this inconvenience, but it has to be done, & is a testament to the growing numbers & loyalty of all our Clients.    

Comments

• edited October 2012

The Tournament schedule tonight has been curtailed to quite a degree. (Details to follow).

No Tournaments will commence after 10.05, EXCEPT some Timed Tournaments, where the duration is known not to conflict with the outage.

I don't have details to hand, but I imagine that no DYM's will be available beyond a certain time.

Cash Tables will be fully operational up until just before Midnight, but they will all close slightly BEFORE midnight.  

• edited October 2012
    Is there any truth to the rumours that it starts at 12 because Rich and Ryan are carrying out the upgrades after the show this evening?

: )

• edited October 2012

The Jackpot WILL operate as normal tonight, on the 8pm Main & 8.15pm Mini.

However, the 8pm main will be a £11 Bounty Hunter, £5,000 Guaranteed, & the 8.15 Miini will be a £3.30 Bounty Hunter, £1,000 Guaranteed.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Major changes tonight.........:
    Is there any truth to the rumours that it starts at 12 because Rich and Ryan are carrying out the upgrades after the show this evening? : )
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Yes, there was some discussion of Rich Orford assisting with the software upgrade, but after consideration, it was decided that was probably a bad idea......

• edited October 2012

Here are the bulk of tonight's changes.....

·         Main Event £6,000 Open, now changed to a £5,000 Bounty Hunter (£11 buy-in)-8pm

·         Mini Event £1,000 Bounty Hunter- 8:15pm

·         £150 Deepstack- 7:15- now a £150 Doublestack

·         £100 Deepstack- 7:45- now a £100 Doublestack

·         £500 Bounty Hunter- 8:05- now has faster blind structure

·         £750 Bounty Hunter- 8:30pm- now has 7 minute blinds

·         £400 Bounty Hunter- 8:45pm- now has 7 minute blinds

·         £250 Guaranteed- 9:05pm- now has 7 minute blinds

·         £150 Deepstack- Cancelled

·         £300 Bounty Hunter- 9:25pm- now has 7 minute blinds

·         £2,000 Bounty Hunter- 9:30pm- Cancelled

·         £1,500 Bounty Hunter- 10pm- Cancelled

·         £300 Bounty Hunter- 10:05- Cancelled
  • edited October 2012

Please note that the Community will also close during the Outage, so no Community Access will be available beyond Midnight tonight, until around 10.30am tomorrow morning.

Once the site comes back up, it should populate within a fairly short period, though I would imagine it will not be instantly available to everyone at precisely the same time.   

• edited October 2012
    tikay is there any chance u can get some sattelites in for tonights main event maybe some £2.10 buy in 1s for people who have a small bankroll 
  • edited October 2012
    Hi,

Satellites are in the lobby now, £2.40 buy-in.

Lee
  • edited October 2012

IF the two double stacks (7.15 & 7.45) get large fields, and they are still playing come mid night, will they be auto settled on chip stacks? 

This is obv a question for any other tournament that may be possibly still be running too.
  • edited October 2012
    We're pretty confident they won't run into outage window.
    Though i won't take the blame if they do.. :-)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Major changes tonight.........:
    We're pretty confident they won't run into outage window. Though i won't take the blame if they do.. :-)
    Posted by Sky_Lee

Copied (just in case)    :)
  • edited October 2012
    Did the up grade and major changes mean that lower stake players are going to be pushed off the site??  I have a limited bank roll and love playing in the £2.30 bounty hunters but the majority of these have now been changed to £5.75.  I do not believe that I will be the only disappointed by the increase in buy in.  more than double.  you have taken away the enjoyment for lower stake players.   not fair sky

• edited October 2012
    I+1
    n Response to Re: Major changes tonight.........:
    Did the up grade and major changes mean that lower stake players are going to be pushed off the site??  I have a limited bank roll and love playing in the £2.30 bounty hunters but the majority of these have now been changed to £5.75.  I do not believe that I will be the only disappointed by the increase in buy in.  more than double.  you have taken away the enjoyment for lower stake players.   not fair sky
    Posted by QUEEN_KING