You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Reduced timebar in dym's

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
Firstly I am not DYM player, but 10 seconds is ridiculous.

If you were just playing the one table im sure it would be fine, but obviously DYM grinders multitable and this is far too short.

Sort it Sky!

Comments

• edited October 2012

The decision time you get in dym's has been reduced to 10 seconds.

Not too happy about this for various reasons.

1. It makes multi tabling very difficult. Even playing just two tables of plo8, this leaves no time to make a reasonable assessment of your hands worth/outs if you are involved in two pots at the same time.

2. If you get even a slight bit of lag you can find that your go has passed and you have missed your chance to bet, or even worse, that your hand has been folded when someone has put in a bet.

3. Don't even think about trying to look at things on the forum or other things on the interweb (or even looking away from the table), by the time you notice it's your go your hand will have been folded or you will only have a couple of seconds to make a decision.

I first noticed this change on Friday and have played for a few days to assess it, but sorry this is killing my enjoyment of playing.

15 seconds has to be the minimum time imo.

It will be with a heavy heart if I have to go elsewhere to play dym's (95% of what I play on the site) but if it's still the same at the end of the month then that's what I'll be doing.

Finally, the fact that this has never been announced (to the best of my knowledge) is frankly rude and insulting to the players.

• edited October 2012
    As a DYM player i am also concerned about this not being announced.
    Just about sums up how DYM players are regarded on here, (rake etc.).

It just seems everything is about the cash tables on here at the moment, with all the promotions and happy hours.

Not a happy bunny ! :-(
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Reduced timebar in dym's:
    As a DYM player i am also concerned about this not being announced. Just about sums up how DYM players are regarded on here, (rake etc.). It just seems everything is about the cash tables on here at the moment, with all the promotions and happy hours. Not a happy bunny ! :-(
    Posted by VespaPX
    +1

sky also need to work on their collusion prevention if they ever want serious sit n go traffic

have they finally adjusted the time u get to either show or muck?

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Reduced timebar in dym's : +1 sky also need to work on their collusion prevention if they ever want serious sit n go traffic have they finally adjusted the time u get to either show or muck?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Thanks for the +1 Shanx

Not sure about the time adjustment for show/muck but it is very annoying !
    Haven't played for a few days so may give it a go tonight see how i get on.
    Cheers
    Mick
  • edited October 2012
    Exactly a week ago they messed with the blind levels.Starting level was 15/30.Went back to normal after 1/2 an hour or so.Hopefully this will be a short lived because multi-table grinders will just move,cutting off your nose to spite your face so they run a bit quicker.

Blind Levels in DYM's Changed
  • edited October 2012
    As a DYM player i am also concerned about this not being announced. Just about sums up how DYM players are regarded on here, (rake etc.). It just seems everything is about the cash tables on here at the moment, with all the promotions and happy hours. Not a happy bunny ! :-(
    Posted by VespaPX
    +1

I play as many higher stake DYMs that run on the site as possible. Think these will get EVEN MORE reduced now with this decision. For reasons stated already in this thread, how can we possibly make rational decisions across tables - especially if the bubble is happening on a few of the tables at the same time.

I would love more people to play DYMs and the player pool to increase on Sky but fear for the worst if this decision is here to stay :(
  • edited October 2012

fwiw i actually agree with reduced timebars, if Sky were to ever introduce a timeback that is
  • edited October 2012
    I have noticed my hands folding before I have had a chance to act, now I know why,will have to stick to one table.
    There is a lot of lag as well recently!
  • edited October 2012
    Haven't noticed this as I've been trying the cash promo this month and dropped all of my DYMs for October.

If the timebar is ten seconds then that's just silly.  Yes there are a couple of well known players who manage to use the full timebar for every action which is either the sign of a bad connection or an attempt to 'kill the clock.'  However just because some people try to use the time as a weapon shouldn't hurt the rest of our enjoyment.

15 Second timebar and a 3 second timebar for 'fold or muck' for me would be ideal IMO.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Reduced timebar in dym's:
    The decision time you get in dym's has been reduced to 10 seconds. Not too happy about this for various reasons. 1. It makes multi tabling very difficult. Even playing just two tables of plo8, this leaves no time to make a reasonable assessment of your hands worth/outs if you are involved in two pots at the same time. 2. If you get even a slight bit of lag you can find that your go has passed and you have missed your chance to bet, or even worse, that your hand has been folded when someone has put in a bet. 3. Don't even think about trying to look at things on the forum or other things on the interweb (or even looking away from the table), by the time you notice it's your go your hand will have been folded or you will only have a couple of seconds to make a decision. I first noticed this change on Friday and have played for a few days to assess it, but sorry this is killing my enjoyment of playing. 15 seconds has to be the minimum time imo. It will be with a heavy heart if I have to go elsewhere to play dym's (95% of what I play on the site) but if it's still the same at the end of the month then that's what I'll be doing. Finally, the fact that this has never been announced (to the best of my knowledge) is frankly rude and insulting to the players.
    Posted by Darntootin

+1 to all the above

• edited October 2012

hi
      i agree totally with darn the timebar might be ok for people who are playing single table or holdem but when your multitabling its really difficult for plo8 i think it needs to go back as before imo

• edited October 2012
    Haven't noticed this as I've been trying the cash promo this month and dropped all of my DYMs for October. If the timebar is ten seconds then that's just silly.  Yes there are a couple of well known players who manage to use the full timebar for every action which is either the sign of a bad connection or an attempt to 'kill the clock.'  However just because some people try to use the time as a weapon shouldn't hurt the rest of our enjoyment. 15 Second timebar and a 3 second timebar for 'fold or muck' for me would be ideal IMO.
    Posted by TommyD
    100% agree
  • edited October 2012

Good morning.

I was not aware of this (not that they have any obligation to tell me) & I don't recall hearing it being discussed in the MM, so I cannot help at the moment.

I'll ask though, & let you know if & when I hear back.

Bear with me until then, please.
  • edited October 2012

Afternoon Guys.

I raised this matter with Suit-City, & it's all a bit confusing, & I'm not entirely sure why or how this happened. 

But it matters not now, because all DYM's have, (or will by close of business today, as it takes a while for it to populate the system) been or are being restored to 15 seconds Timebar.

Apologies. 

As a general rule, we do always try to inform players of changes, & the fact that it was not the case this time is simply because it was not intended.

• edited October 2012
    Afternoon Guys. I raised this matter with Suit-City, & it's all a bit confusing, & I'm not entirely sure why or how this happened.    But it matters not now, because all DYM's have, (or will by close of business today, as it takes a while for it to populate the system) been or are being restored to 15 seconds Timebar. Apologies.  As a general rule, we do always try to inform players of changes, & the fact that it was not the case this time is simply because it was not intended.        
    Posted by Tikay10
    Great news.

Many thanks for looking into this and getting it fixed.

One more thing though. I don't believe that an announcement or explanation was offered on the removal of the 2/4p Omaha and PLO8 cash tables. Any word on whether these will be coming back?
  • edited October 2012
    Afternoon Guys. I raised this matter with Suit-City, & it's all a bit confusing, & I'm not entirely sure why or how this happened.    But it matters not now, because all DYM's have, (or will by close of business today, as it takes a while for it to populate the system) been or are being restored to 15 seconds Timebar. Apologies.  As a general rule, we do always try to inform players of changes, & the fact that it was not the case this time is simply because it was not intended.        
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay.
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers Tony,

You're the man !!!
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay.

Great result.
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well, it's been over 48hrs now and the 10 second timebar is still in place.

I don't want to bang on about it but it's pretty frustrating.

Just want to bring it to Sky's attention in case they have done a fix and it has not worked.
  • edited October 2012
    Hi,

One may have been missed.. i've dealt with the culprit!
    Sorry about that.

If you see anymore, please let us know but they should all now be 15s, other than the turbo tables.

Thanks
    Lee
  • edited October 2012
    Hi, One may have been missed.. i've dealt with the culprit! Sorry about that. If you see anymore, please let us know but they should all now be 15s, other than the turbo tables. Thanks Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    Many thanks Lee, it seems to be ok now.

Happy days.