You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ULTIMATE £8 CHALLENGE!!!!

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat

Ok i stopped my last challenge because frankly sitting with 260 odd quid and playing £4nl doesnt do anything for me im sorry. ANYONE could open 12 tables and play like a robot and grind out cash and tbh if i was going to do that i would quit my job play decent levels and make a living at it and its not why i play poker. I play for fun for a thrill and that challenge was taking the fun out it for me. So ive came up with an edgy more fun challenge i think i would prefer and i would actulay need to use all my skill and knowledge to accomplish any sort of a result and i think if i acheive anything here its more inspiring to new players with not alot to deposit.

Ive chosen £8 as its 2 buyins to the lowest cash games plus its less than sky actualy give you free when you sign up.

to build up some extra cash i will play small cash and very low buyin sit and gos and dyms or tournys also seeking out any freerolls.

this goes against all advice people get in poker but i really do think people forget the excitment of playing on edge whereas its why i love the game.

i still dont have loads of time to dedicate to this but il do as much as i can if i go bust il take a month of learning out of the game and try again.

time to live upto the name

DrRunGood

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Nice challenge GL
  • edited October 2012
    lol yh anyone could just grind 2/4 3/6 5/10. Sureeeee

gl with your challenge
  • edited October 2012

Well said mate, i do think some people do forget the fun of playing poker, but everyone finds different forms of enjoyment out of the game i suppose.  GL with the challenge!!

• edited October 2012
    Tbh i hate grinding im only doing it for this month for kings of cash promo im playing for the sake of it cant fricking wait for end of month i can choose what i want to play :) 
  • edited October 2012
    gl in your challenge buddy
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks for support i agree with comment above everyone is so pre occupied bout grinding out a profit and playing mechanicly that they forget the fun poker can have why people get so depressed when have a bad session i just want have fun and try a wild challenge obv if all goes well it might turn into a bit of grind but im going to try have fun with this i hope others follow and try go back to how they felt when they first deposited and felt amazing at trying to keep their cash and how good a feeling was to win the £1 sit and go  

anyway other night 10 mins before the site went down i played a bit of poker

16 Oct '12 at 23:47PokerMerton£0.36£0.00  16 Oct '12 at 23:47PokerLangport£1.20£0.00
    so balance is £9.56
  • edited October 2012
    The girlfriend went to bed so i sneaked in a wee session
    sat down at 2 4nl tables one for £3 and one for £3.20
    started session off bad lost the £3 buy in when i ran my flush right into a fullhouse
    so reloaded at the table for rest of my cash £3.36 as i felt it was a good table cant get too dishearted wit the hand as it was standard plus i played it wrong so had all my money in play i went into super concentrate mode and with the cards going well with me i went on a run by hitting a few big hands and getting paid off very light on others ran upto about £24 then started bleeding back so decided to quit ahead and go to bed

20 Oct '12 at 02:21PokerBriggate£2.00£0.00  20 Oct '12 at 02:21PokerWell Meadow£9.20£0.00

so balance is now £20.76 not bad session
  • edited October 2012
    terrible night turned around in the end with a little bit of mtt action
    to say the river was evil to me was an understatement in the cash games and with a few bad calls it was looking real bad then the mtt and dym let me bring in a winning session :)

21 Oct '12 at 03:18PokerDouble Your Money£1.75£0.00  21 Oct '12 at 01:18Poker£200 Guaranteed£19.50£0.00  21 Oct '12 at 00:47PokerBanham£-4.00£0.00  21 Oct '12 at 00:47PokerCawston£-4.00£0.00  21 Oct '12 at 00:46PokerDunster£-4.00£0.00  21 Oct '12 at 00:46PokerPall Mall£-1.72£0.00
    Start balance £8

current balance  £28.29
  • edited October 2012
    gl DrRunGood
    hope you enjoy the ride,& good luck.

agree with you to a point...
    poker should be fun.
    'ain't much fun losing money though.
    as to 'grinding'
    it's just a matter of 'self discipline' ain't that hard,and it does pay.

"just saying"
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: ULTIMATE £8 CHALLENGE!!!!:
    gl DrRunGood hope you enjoy the ride,& good luck. agree with you to a point... poker should be fun. 'ain't much fun losing money though. as to 'grinding' it's just a matter of 'self discipline' ain't that hard,and it does pay. "just saying" (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    100% agree with you devonfish i said it above if i wanted to grind id do it fulltime but as poker just a pass time i dont want to take fun out of it with super diciplined brm. plus i like to try show a path for new players that get the £10 free. so people can see you dont need to deposit 100s to enjoy poker and carve out a profit. the tournament i played last night was so enjoyable because i had to watch every move i did as i would have been as good as bust if i didnt ;)
  • edited October 2012
    gl mate. enjoy it.
  • edited October 2012

Good Luck Dr. you can do it
  • edited October 2012
    just played a few mtts didnt go well but cash tables brought home the rewards i was after im playing with the idea of jumping to my normal levels to cash in big but on flip side i can lose what ive got to so far

22 Oct '12 at 00:51Poker£200 Gtd (15 mins)£-5.50£0.00  21 Oct '12 at 23:55PokerDollar£26.05£0.00  21 Oct '12 at 23:55PokerHale Barnes£-0.03£0.00  21 Oct '12 at 23:41Poker£750 Bounty Hunter£-5.75£0.00

start balance £8

current balance £43.06
  • edited October 2012
    ok so took the big risk and went to 50nl table sat down with 23.06 then if i lost i would have had 20 quid left in br went well got up to 32 quid rapid then droped to £12 then grinded it back up to around £5 profit for the table before all the value left the table
    I then looked round other 50nl tables and found a table where i have good notes on the players but it also had 2 other players so after watching a few rounds i joined and it turned out a good move

i know people will say doing this so shallow in br is wrong and yea its correct advice but im not doing this blind or relying on extreme amounts of luck im doing my homework im watching tables seeing where the value is sitting with players ive played 1000s of hands with so i have very in depth notes.

22 Oct '12 at 02:12PokerKelty£111.66£111.66  22 Oct '12 at 01:25PokerCowdenbeath£5.31£0.00  

starting balance £8

current balance £160.03

into 3 figures in 4 sessions (not quite wacko tho) had more fun doing it and felt ive pushed myself more to do it defo prefer it to the 12 table grind. Altho im not completely crazy or stupid now i have a br i can get smart obv if i continue risking 50 oercent of my br i will go bust so now i can play a number of £11 dyms pick up the c4p and play multi tables at 10 - 20nl and play the sats into the big tournys.
  • edited October 2012
    im not sure if i should continue this now as i kinda made point i was proving but then again my last challenge i was aiming for 1k so not sure
  • edited October 2012

You said you wanted to inspire new players with not a lot to deposit....and now you are stopping cos you have proven your point..........

So basically your advice to these new players with not a lot to deposit is to play a few sessions of 4nl, get to around 50 quid then stick half their roll on a 50nl table???

I like your style! :)

btw.....I think you should crack on with your challenge and see how far you can go, will be a good read as most other threads involve strict BRM but yours will be a refreshing change

• edited October 2012
    Hi m8 just played u in £11 bounty hunter why did u 5 x ? and im never shoving less then what u had 
  • edited October 2012
    Hi m8 just played u in £11 bounty hunter why did u 5 x ? and im never shoving less then what u had 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    i was in 5 other games and the sky system went mad on me so i shoved in all tournies to get off the table tbh i dont know whats happeing i have tables poping up everywhere and it was freezing me out all the games so i just shoved on them as i couldnt play them :(
  • edited October 2012
    You said you wanted to inspire new players with not a lot to deposit....and now you are stopping cos you have proven your point.......... So basically your advice to these new players with not a lot to deposit is to play a few sessions of 4nl, get to around 50 quid then stick half their roll on a 50nl table??? I like your style! :) btw.....I think you should crack on with your challenge and see how far you can go, will be a good read as most other threads involve strict BRM but yours will be a refreshing change
    Posted by waller02
    not exactly what i mean. yea i wanted to show new player with low or free cash that they can boost a br fast but what i mean is if i continue the thread im not going to be as on the edge as last few sessions because i have enough now i can spread round and play like 4 20nl tables and not as interesting to read i guess as it becomes like every other diary i guess
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: ULTIMATE £8 CHALLENGE!!!! : not exactly what i mean. yea i wanted to show new player with low or free cash that they can boost a br fast but what i mean is if i continue the thread im not going to be as on the edge as last few sessions because i have enough now i can spread round and play like 4 20nl tables and not as interesting to read i guess as it becomes like every other diary i guess
    Posted by DrRunGood
    ah right, i get ya now.

gl with whatever you decide to do anyway :)