You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Loving the mtt structures tonight

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
I know tonight was a one-off  due to shutting at midnight but...

Can we please have more 7 min blind mtts and fast mtts with big fields? was a throw back to the early days :)

Thanks

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Loving the mtt structures tonight:
    I know tonight was a one-off  due to shutting at midnight but... Can we please have more 7 min blind mtts and fast mtts with big fields? was a throw back to the early days :) Thanks
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    +1 - how about every Tuesday
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Loving the mtt structures tonight:
    I know tonight was a one-off  due to shutting at midnight but... Can we please have more 7 min blind mtts and fast mtts with big fields? was a throw back to the early days :) Thanks
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    +1 for a night a week!!
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Loving the mtt structures tonight:
    In Response to Loving the mtt structures tonight : +1 - how about every Tuesday
    Posted by GELDY
    Makes sense for Tuesday's main/mini to be a turbo to fit in with the TV show! can follow it to the end

Would be epic

Could promote it as Turbo Tuesday! :)
  • edited October 2012
    =11111111111111
  • edited January 2013
    Player power!

Turbo Tuesday has arrived
  • edited January 2013

Just have to have 500/1k and prob a few other levels if this is to work. 

• edited January 2013
    Just have to have 500/1k and prob a few other levels if this is to work. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

why is 500/1k so much more important than other levels or factors when trying to massage playability?
  • edited January 2013
    Becuase thats there it starts to go wrong. 

500/1k onwards. Have a look, don't you agree? 
  • edited January 2013
    Becuase thats there it starts to go wrong.  500/1k onwards. Have a look, don't you agree? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I don't agree that saying 'add 500/1k = fixed' is helpful.

What are we/you trying to achieve?
    what is currently wrong?
    what can be improved?
    Why will this on it's own improve it?
    why can more effective changes not be made earlier or later?
    can other changes that are more effective be made?
  • edited January 2013

50% blind increase is mental.

I did say there needs to be more levels added too.

2.5k/5k, 3.5k/7k, 4.5k/9k, 5k/10k, probably more after that I don't often get that far.

You'll say 'stop guessing' etc, but just adding those 5 levels will make it alot better than it is.

It's terrible at the moment.

Hate grinding away for 2 hours to make the money and have a 15xbb big stack, 2xbb small stack and 9xbb avg. <------- Trying to avoid this.

All for removing some early levels but people will go mental. Both is fine. Need more later for sure anyway.
  • edited January 2013
    50% blind increase is mental. I did say there needs to be more levels added too.   2.5k/5k, 3.5k/7k, 4.5k/9k, 5k/10k, probably more after that I don't often get that far. You'll say 'stop guessing' etc, but just adding those 5 levels will make it alot better than it is.   It's terrible at the moment. Hate grinding away for 2 hours to make the money and have a 15xbb big stack, 2xbb small stack and 9xbb avg. <------- Trying to avoid this. All for removing some early levels but people will go mental. Both is fine. Need more later for sure anyway.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

the thing is everyone on here just says yeh do this or 1 other change then we have utopia.  it stems from a fundamental lack of understanding of tournament strcutures and how to affect the play in them. 

both isn't fine, it would have a huge effect on the duration of the tournaments.
  • edited January 2013
    well it worked for me
    cashed in all 3 turbos
    including a recovery from 90 chips (blinds 40/80) in the 5k BH