You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Greeky plays the SPT 6-Max - Blog.

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat

Greekway has penned a terrific Blog about his weekend at the SPT 6-Max last weekend.

Part one is HERE

Please use this thread for feedback, comments & questions to Greeky.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Nice read G.  Looking forward to reading Part Dio.
  • edited October 2012
    Nicely written blog - even more gutted I missed it now!
  • edited October 2012

Nice easy reading blog. Are parts 2 & 3 all about the train stations between Brighton and Nottingham?

Q. Did you get to play any PLO sat night or did you want to just get an early night and focus on day 2 of the holdem event?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Greeky plays the SPT 6-Max - Blog.:
    Nice read G.  Looking forward to reading Part Dio.
    Posted by Glenelg
    Thanks Glen. Part 2 will be up probably early next week.
  • edited October 2012
    Nicely written blog - even more gutted I missed it now!
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Thanks Dave. It was good fun mate. You should be gutted for missing it.

Hope you enjoy the new part of your family. :-)
  • edited October 2012
    Nice easy reading blog. Are parts 2 & 3 all about the train stations between Brighton and Nottingham? Q. Did you get to play any PLO sat night or did you want to just get an early night and focus on day 2 of the holdem event?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Sorry but I am not into trains and stuff. I was sitting quietly at my seat reading my book. I was trying to get some sleep but couldnt. It so annoying when you want to sleep but you cant.

There was some PLO on Friday night but I arrived on Saturday morning so missed it. What did you mean having an early night? Play ended at 2:30am and I was literally about falling asleep on the table. I had my lenses on and my eyes were hurting me also. TK, Coxy and some others played dealers choice on Saturday night. I saw a bit during my breaks but I dont know how to play all these variants.
  • edited October 2012

Just a quick reminder, if you have not read that Blog, it is well worth a quick gander.

We are trying to encourage better & more interesting stuff on our Community, & this blog is first class, so I hope you'll try & take a look, & perhaps leave a comment, too.

Thanks.  

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Greeky plays the SPT 6-Max - Blog. : Sorry but I am not into trains and stuff. I was sitting quietly at my seat reading my book. I was trying to get some sleep but couldnt. It so annoying when you want to sleep but you cant. There was some PLO on Friday night but I arrived on Saturday morning so missed it. What did you mean having an early night? Play ended at 2:30am and I was literally about falling asleep on the table. I had my lenses on and my eyes were hurting me also. TK, Coxy and some others played dealers choice on Saturday night. I saw a bit during my breaks but I dont know how to play all these variants.
    Posted by GreekWay
    That was some scary game Greeky, & I'm glad you never sat in.

I had played briefly on a £1 £1 Omaha Table, sat with the Max, which was £250, & doubled up immediately. I had decent aces (4 card high), managed to isolate Mr Aggro, & the flop came 3-3-6. 

He either has the 3 or he does not, mostly not, so I potted, & my man wanted to get the lot in, so we did.

He had 2-4-5-7 (eek!) for a wonderful draw, but it bricked out.

So my £250 was now £500, at which point, the £5 £5 DC game, for which I was on the list, opened, so I took the £500 across to that.

A dollop of run-good soon saw that £500 become £1,500. 

And now the problems began.

Richard Berridge (super-aggro) sat to my right & pulled up £10,000.

Kurt Forgottenhisname (super-duper aggro) sat to my left, playing £20,000. 

Now, I don't mind getting my money in with the right hand, but these guys pressurise you, every hand, & £1,500 is a lot of money to me, which I was not prepared to gamble "lightly" with. They are both well-loaded, & £20,000 means nothing to them.

So it was 2 hours of really careful starting hand selection & pot control. I ended up with the £1,500 intact, but that 2 hours was one of the most interesting 2 hours of cash poker I can recall, as I had to concentrate extremely hard not to make a mistake, or get sucked in with a bad starting hand. I even mucked a 10 high paduki!

What a buzz poker gives us.