You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A rush of blood to the head

First off i'm a fish or a donk or any other poker insult people want to throw at me.When i end up on a table the other players must rub there hands in glee but last night during the £100 gtd freeroll i excelled myself.
I hadnt actually played that bad for me manageing to get 35000 chips which put me in 16th place at the time out of 54 and the important point here is the payouts started at 50.
Then the blow up,i hadnt hit a hand for a while (i no it's no excuse) then got dealt jacks (cant remember my position at the table)so i put in a raise of 5000.had 3 folders and a call.The flop came up 8 6 king rainbow then for some reason i just shoved all in even though i had put the other player on ace king,king queen,king ten any way king something so i knew in my mind he had hit the flop and so it proved after he snapped called me with king queen.The only solise i get from this is i had managed to place him on a hand.But even now 18 hours later i still don't no why i shoved even though i knew a)i was beat and b) i knew he would call.So throw all the insults at me you want because i no myself i shouldnt be any where near a poker table but i just love the game i dont play to make money (thank god) thats why i play freerolls but all the same.
What i want to hear is if anyone else has made such a stupid stupid play when they've been that close to the bubble.I hope some of you out there have it would make me feel a whole lot better....

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to A rush of blood to the head:
    First off i'm a fish or a donk or any other poker insult people want to throw at me.When i end up on a table the other players must rub there hands in glee but last night during the £100 gtd freeroll i excelled myself. I hadnt actually played that bad for me manageing to get 35000 chips which put me in 16th place at the time out of 54 and the important point here is the payouts started at 50. Then the blow up,i hadnt hit a hand for a while (i no it's no excuse) then got dealt jacks (cant remember my position at the table)so i put in a raise of 5000.had 3 folders and a call.The flop came up 8 6 king rainbow then for some reason i just shoved all in even though i had put the other player on ace king,king queen,king ten any way king something so i knew in my mind he had hit the flop and so it proved after he snapped called me with king queen.The only solise i get from this is i had managed to place him on a hand.But even now 18 hours later i still don't no why i shoved even though i knew a)i was beat and b) i knew he would call.So throw all the insults at me you want because i no myself i shouldnt be any where near a poker table but i just love the game i dont play to make money (thank god) thats why i play freerolls but all the same. What i want to hear is if anyone else has made such a stupid stupid play when they've been that close to the bubble.I hope some of you out there have it would make me feel a whole lot better....
    Posted by subzero1
    not in the same way as you but ive often found myself knowing im beat but still calling off the rest of my stack, try not to rush and think b4 u make ur decision!!! wouldnt worry about it tho it happens to the best of them i would think!!!