You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday's live show with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***)

Comments

• edited October 2012
    What does James mean by "people like John Terry"   great footballers?  England captains ?  ....

P.s  Is backing the Pittsburg steelers tonight a good idea ?

Have a good show
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Sunday's live show with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    What does James mean by "people like John Terry"   great footballers?  England captains ?  .... P.s  Is backing the Pittsburg steelers tonight a good idea ? Have a good show
    Posted by 1267
    Mr Terry's on and off pitch "antics" have been well chronicled.

And I'm taking the Bengals!
  • edited October 2012

what are your view to the best time to buy in to a tourny with late reg?? straight from the start and grind a stack or later on when some of the field have busted but you have a less than ave stack??

i can see the pro and cons for both just wandered what the general consensus was

ps playing the primo so feel free to show hands and give some tips/advice

thanks

• edited October 2012
    How stupid would someone have to be to attack an NFL player?

I have to say, I've been really annoyed by the coverage of the recent incidents in football. The thing that has annoyed me has been that phrase: "In football". These contemptable people don't simply materialise inside a stadium and then disappear when the match is over. These cretins don't belong to football, they belong to society.

And with regards to being turned off "soccer" by these people, preferring the NFL:

Michael Vick? Bounty hunting New Orleans "Saints"?

Need I say more about that?

I could find a few more things to mention but it would dilute my point. The game of football is a grassy field, two sets of goalposts and twenty two blokes kicking a ball around. Everything else is society's problem and dismissing it as football violence, hooliganism, racism, etc. is unhelpful, facile and unrealistic. It also gets on my wick.

I like the NFL too, by the way...
  • edited October 2012
    Not suggesting you're responsible for that press coverage, James. You just set me off...

... I'll get started on the Kick It Out campaign in a minute. lol
  • edited October 2012
    Tikay is saying:

"Ooh she's nice isn't she.. I wonder if she wants to get a train to london and go see some ducks with me"
  • edited October 2012
    Caption-

MC TK iz on da mic,
    bustin poker analysis all night.
    Got ma homie jamez here too,
    with hand requests from da skypoker crew.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Sunday's live show with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    How stupid would someone have to be to attack an NFL player? I have to say, I've been really annoyed by the coverage of the recent incidents in football. The thing that has annoyed me has been that phrase: "In football". These contemptable people don't simply materialise inside a stadium and then disappear when the match is over. These cretins don't belong to football, they belong to society. And with regards to being turned off "soccer" by these people, preferring the NFL: Michael Vick? Bounty hunting New Orleans "Saints"? Need I say more about that? I could find a few more things to mention but it would dilute my point. The game of football is a grassy field, two sets of goalposts and twenty two blokes kicking a ball around. Everything else is society's problem and dismissing it as football violence, hooliganism, racism, etc. is unhelpful, facile and unrealistic. It also gets on my wick. I like the NFL too, by the way...
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Not naively suggesting that NFL players don't misbehave.

But the sport doesn't incite the same mob mentality from fans that football does. I disagree with your analysis. Many of these idiots ONLY behave like that when they're in the stands on a Saturday.
  • edited October 2012
    Caption Comp:

Despite detailed descriptions of the mandible, egg gestation period and plumage of a Mute Swan, Tikay failed to impress the attractive female - Not even the Chameleon-like colour change (displayed here) was enough to win her back.

Hope the colour returns back to Carlo's cheeks soon! Have a great show gents.

Dr Fil (Not a real Dr)  
  • edited October 2012
    James

A few weeks ago a thread was put in Area 51 concerning recommending conspiracy films and programmes. i named a few, would you agree with my choices and do you have any recommendations of your own.

thanks

memfno
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Sunday's live show with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***) : Not naively suggesting that NFL players don't misbehave. But the sport doesn't incite the same mob mentality from fans that football does. I disagree with your analysis. Many of these idiots ONLY behave like that when they're in the stands on a Saturday.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    The racism question is a non-issue "in football" in Britain. The fact is the number of incidents in a year of racism can be counted on one hand in this country. Some would say, considering the number of people who attend football matches in one year, that the incidents of racism are lower than you would expect. Football fans are far less racist than wider society, if you think the two can be seperated.

As for drunken idiots running about punching people, I think you find more of that in wider society than in a football stadium, too. Go into your local city centre on a Friday night and you'll see a fair amount.
  • edited October 2012
    joy adamson

played by Virginia McKenna in Born Free
  • edited October 2012
    Virginia McKenna?
  • edited October 2012
    Tikay couldn't have met Joy Adamson as she is no longer with us. ;-(

• edited October 2012
    I agree on the mob mentality. Though you can't tell me that the sport is responsible. If you dumped several NFL tems in Britain and allowed the fanbase to develop for a century, then the same people would be in the stadium, behaving in the same manner as you see from soccer fans.
  • edited October 2012
    based on Tikays description it seems Virginia had quite an exciting life as she also tramped across France shooting Nazis while memorizing a poem, and had her name carved with pride!
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Sunday's live show with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***) : Not naively suggesting that NFL players don't misbehave. But the sport doesn't incite the same mob mentality from fans that football does. I disagree with your analysis. Many of these idiots ONLY behave like that when they're in the stands on a Saturday.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Not to derail this thread too much, but I think it has more to do with the traditionally stronger attachement of fans to their clubs in Europe, while professional sports in the States was purely to make money from the start. With teams moving all the time, and the lack of local teams in the lower divisions for many, there just isn't the same passion that then sometimes leads to excesses.
  • edited October 2012
    was kinda hoping that wouldnt happen.. thought mine would go down well.. far ting isnt that bad is it??
  • edited October 2012
    tikay s read the script . he looks up and says ( the ten ocloak news . i think im in the wrong studio )
  • edited October 2012
    was kinda hoping that wouldnt happen.. thought mine would go down well.. far ting isnt that bad is it??
    Posted by bigflop1
    Maybe after the 9pm watershed lol
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Sunday's live show with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***) : Not to derail this thread too much, but I think it has more to do with the traditionally stronger attachement of fans to their clubs in Europe, while professional sports in the States was purely to make money from the start. With teams moving all the time, and the lack of local teams in the lower divisions for many, there just isn't the same passion that then sometimes leads to excesses.
    Posted by Giant811
    Indeed.

Also, in European countries, a local rivalry means thousands of fans of club A living within spitting distance of thousands of fans of club B. The resentment builds significantly as a result.

With the exceptions of New York and Oakland/San Francisco, in the U.S. the local rivals are from hundreds of miles away.
  • edited October 2012

Great Show as always guys,

Caption Comp

Tikay says " News just in, Rich Orford is going to Vegas next year, Be afraid, be Very Afraid."
  • edited October 2012
    Caption:

Tikay thinks to himself "This is the moment that my whole life has been leading to....." before annoucing

"Here is the Shipping Forcast........"
  • edited October 2012

caption competition, james, to be spoken/sung in the voice of tikay,

"If I should stay,
    I would only be in your way.
    So I'll go, but I know
    I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way.

And I ...... will always love yooooooooooou."

etc

• edited October 2012
    Caption Ice creams are not the same as they were when I was a lad!!!
  • edited October 2012

Caption contest - I asked for a 99
  • edited October 2012
    Caption competition - I really wish I hadn't taken those constipation tablets. Things are starting to move now!
  • edited October 2012
    Caption.....  And the winner of this years X Factor is.........
  • edited October 2012
    577407108  hi guys great show as usual.. can you please show this hand??  i was very short stack after my aces got crushed!! was it right to shove here and just got unlucky or could i have waited for a better spot even though i was ahead.
  • edited October 2012
     Caption contest - I asked for a 99
    Posted by 68Trebor
    A re raise to 99.hummmmmmmmmmmm