You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Trying to regain my interest in the game.

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
Some of you might know me from being quite a regular on this website and to poker. I must admit the last 6-8 months i've completley lost interest in the game, however i do watch the Sky channel from time to time, but never really had the interest in getting back into playing.
I make this thread for some advice on getting back my love for the game, that was there when i started a year ago.

Any advice or questions will be welcome, look forward to responses.

Arron.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Trying to regain my interest in the game.:
    Some of you might know me from being quite a regular on this website and to poker. I must admit the last 6-8 months i've completley lost interest in the game, however i do watch the Sky channel from time to time, but never really had the interest in getting back into playing. I make this thread for some advice on getting back my love for the game, that was there when i started a year ago. Any advice or questions will be welcome, look forward to responses. Arron.
    Posted by Swog
    Hi, If i remember correctly you were mainly a cash player??? Why not play a few mtts or dyms.....a change in format might help???

I dunno what to suggest really, I'm guessing you have had a break from the game and you're still not feeling it? If that is the case then maybe it's time to find a new hobby :(
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Trying to regain my interest in the game.:
    Some of you might know me from being quite a regular on this website and to poker. I must admit the last 6-8 months i've completley lost interest in the game, however i do watch the Sky channel from time to time, but never really had the interest in getting back into playing. I make this thread for some advice on getting back my love for the game, that was there when i started a year ago. Any advice or questions will be welcome, look forward to responses. Arron.
    Posted by Swog
    Set youself a realistic target
    Then see how long it takes to achieve it
  • edited October 2012
    ive had moments when i just didnt wanna play, and just take breaks, no one can convince you that you will like something or not, thats really only for you to decide. What reasons dont you like it and what reasons do you like it? as waller said maybe try some mtts for a change or play some live poker, being face to face and chatting with other players can bring back the enjoyment as to online which can feel a bit tedious at times. Why not invite some friends round to your house and have a home game with lots of beer, i used to do that all the time and really miss not doing it.
  • edited October 2012
    Stop grinding 'boring' low stakes, and have a shot at the next stake up,  you will enjoy this far more, playing new players and winning much bigger pots etc..
    If u do lose, u can always drop down again, and hopefully the fun of the level above will then make you want to grind you roll back up again so you can take another shot.
  • edited October 2012
    normally it's just a stale poker mind - if your not enjoying it then learn more - play other formats to activate some intrest - low stakes NL does become stale

play some PLO or something

if your not having fun at a party u leave right - so stop - why would we do something we don't enjoy - that's called a job )

good luck

• edited October 2012
    hi Arron,
    i felt pretty much the same as you a little while ago,so i know how you feel.
    that is when i decided to do my dym challenge,which worked for me.
    my motivation returned,i set myself a finish target which inspired me right through to the finish.
    i'm not saying that you should do the same of course.
    just have a think about things and i'm sure that whatever you decide will come to you and go with it.

funny,now that my challenge has finished i am basically back to where i started again,so i'll see where i now go with my poker.maybe a new challenge...who knows?
    best wishes mate
    (* *)
       ^
    dev