You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

3-barrelling @ micro-stakes?

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £5.61
annie_duke Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £7.10
 Your hole cards

shirley02 Fold     
kidcurry Fold     
TheRat1 Fold     
rolo1 Fold     
Call  £0.04 £0.16 £5.57
annie_duke Raise  £0.16 £0.32 £6.94
Call  £0.16 £0.48 £5.41
Flop

• Q
  • K

Bet  £0.16 £0.64 £5.25
annie_duke Raise  £0.48 £1.12 £6.46
Call  £0.32 £1.44 £4.93
Turn

Check     
annie_duke Bet  £1.04 £2.48 £5.42
Call  £1.04 £3.52 £3.89
River

Check     
annie_duke All-in  £5.42 £8.94 £0.00
Fold     
annie_duke Muck     
annie_duke Win  £3.25  £3.25
annie_duke Return  £5.42 £0.27 £8.67
Was this good play or just stupid? Was I really just super lucky to stumble across someone who can fold (I guess) top pair on micro-stakes cash?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Depends who the villian is, but I guess you don't know them so from your point of view, it's irrelevant.

There is deffo room for bluffing (even 3 barrel bluffing) in some cases at micro stakes. It's good if you have some idea of your opponent's ranges and think you can make him fold most of it, obviously your line looks super strong.

But the caveat to all of that is... fold pre :)

Readless, fold pre, fold every street at the first opportunity.
  • edited October 2012
    Why would i fold pre? :-/
  • edited October 2012
    don't think this is a good spot to 3barrel bluff because villain has called 2 streets on a K high board where nothing has changed - you're just v.lucky the board comes out as it does imo and also lucky that your villain obv wont be thinking too much cos it's 8nl. You need to 3barrel in better spots imo, but I know a lot of coaches who would say it's lolworthy to even consider 3barrel bluffing at 8nl and they're probs right.
  • edited October 2012
    there's also like no draws so you're even more lucky to get it through
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 3-barrelling @ micro-stakes?:
    Why would i fold pre? :-/
    Posted by annie_duke

Sorry yeah you're in the BB. Ok, don't fold, but don't raise, just see a free flop, and then fold when it's terrible for you (like this).
  • edited October 2012
    Pre is ok imo

Fold flop

Fold turn

As played idk I think the river jam is ok
  • edited October 2012
    if i was villan i probally snap with any k and poss most Q's too.. ur line looks super bluffy and ur reppin nothin really by bet bet betin, even with no reads if u think about what hands would take this line...? if for example if u had flopped nuts KK yes u would raise flop and bet turn but really , an over shove for value??? on a 4 straight board is a bit thin....

and what Jacks do u have in ur range, not alot possible J10 to raise flop as a semi bluff, but would u be raisin pre with J10.. doubtfull...but i spose u raised 56os lol

JJ would not be raisin the flop or taking this line..so with simple hand reading and elimination its near impossible for u to hav any hands for value which would suggest to me that ur bluffin a decent % of the time ..!!