You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

aggressive player, early datys in this session....opinions?

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

6 handed cash table, 25/50p, I have 62, all pretty deep stacked...

Raise cut off, to 2 quid, 3 callers....i have a7 hearts

Flop, 5h, 9h, Kh, ......perfecccc!

3 callers, I play it in my usual style, lead out 6.50 into a 8.50 pot, 1 caller on the button.

Turn, another king

Whats ya thought process now? im new to the table, n also never played all but 1 of the players b4.

Whats the called with on the flop? a king? (i wnt mention the name but the one guy i knew was the one left, n he plays 5 tables) The king is a nervous card for me.

Make a 'scared bet' of 3/4 the pot and he folds.

Amazing how flopping the nuts in poker can lead cause so much doubts and provoke so many negative thoughts, just 1 card later.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to aggressive player, early datys in this session....opinions?:
      6 handed cash table, 25/50p, I have 62, all pretty deep stacked... Raise cut off, to 2 quid, 3 callers....i have a7 hearts Flop, 5h, 9h, Kh, ......perfecccc! 3 callers, I play it in my usual style, lead out 6.50 into a 8.50 pot, 1 caller on the button. Turn, another king Whats ya thought process now? im new to the table, n also never played all but 1 of the players b4. Whats the called with on the flop? a king? (i wnt mention the name but the one guy i knew was the one left, n he plays 5 tables) The king is a nervous card for me. Make a 'scared bet' of 3/4 the pot and he folds. Amazing how flopping the nuts in poker can lead cause so much doubts and provoke so many negative thoughts, just 1 card later.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I would say you played the hand perfectly, but more problems would have arised if villain had called or raised lol

My thought process would have went "argh cigarette"
  • edited November 2009

lol, jaeger, unfortunately for me, thats not an option. well it is i spose but not the one id chose.

so c'mon put yaself in my position, he raises.......

what do ya do? (bearing in mind nicotine isnt an option, beer is, but only while playing) be interested to know.....

DOHH

• edited November 2009
    listen m8,,play my self on 50/1 etc, u know there are fish regardless,,if ur beaten by FH so be it. Just bad luck,

What I will say is NEVER BE SCARED OF GHOSTS. If you get to that stage, pack the game in for a while.

BE PLAYING ON THE CASH AROUND 7PM,,if u fancy a game.

GL 
  • edited November 2009
    u played it fine that flush flop i would have folded stright away cause 9 times out of ten the flush is out
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: aggressive player, early datys in this session....opinions?:
    lol, jaeger, unfortunately for me, thats not an option. well it is i spose but not the one id chose. so c'mon put yaself in my position, he raises....... what do ya do? (bearing in mind nicotine isnt an option, beer is, but only while playing) be interested to know..... DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ok, im assuming you know this player and if you believe he's likely to raise with air or 2 pair or the trip kings then im shoving all-in and giving him the decision. The only hand im fearing is K9 or K5 and i believe an aggressive player would have re-raised from button with K9 so im ruling that 1 out.

Therefore I am a huge dog going into the river and happy getting my cash in ahead.

wrong?
  • edited November 2009

ive completely ruled out him flopping 2 pair, its his set im worried about, if he has one,

he wont play any hand there that gives him 2 pair no way.

paired board = full house paranoia!

dohh

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: aggressive player, early datys in this session....opinions?:
    ive completely ruled out him flopping 2 pair, its his set im worried about, if he has one, he wont play any hand there that gives him 2 pair no way. paired board = full house paranoia! dohh
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Again im thinking an aggressive player would re-raise from button with 5-5 or 9-9, i know i would lol. Not gonna give it any more thought  as he folded to your bet on 4th street :):):)

And if he flopped set he would have raised your bet on flop, scared of you hitting 4-flush with Ah???

Im stil learning this game, but i'm assuming he's got KQ KJ or KT, maybe even Qh-Jh??

I dont like paired boards myself, but you already hit your flush and if he has 3 kings he only has 10 outs, so im still shoving.................

ps am i wrong??
  • edited November 2009
    You played it fine.  If he had set/Ks up OTF he was re-raising you.