You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

hell month

never saw anything as unbelieveable as my poker on sky.....for the last 2-3months my solid play had been paying off big time.....finally turned  close to £3000 losses over two years....into profit....cashed in most bounty hunters and sit&gos....good solid poker.....and my game hasn't changed one iota (bar the few frustrated allins)...so wats happened....into a full month of hell...i fairly rarely all in personally...i see no point in it...if u've got the hand...u want people to call..not fold...and if u haven't got the hand...u lose ur chips...but for a full month now i have been unable to win a big hand....most of the time i call a large bet or an all in....i know i'm ahead....but just recently it doesnt matter if i'm 97% the better going into the turn or river....whatever the weaker hand needs....it consistently falls....i can only think that in this case the site is allowing other players to win in order to keep them on the site.....if you consistantly lose there are plenty of other sites to go to....so i wonder how any site keeps their bad players...mmmh......let them win a few that's how.....or maybe you get punished for complaints....for about 1month i constantly got disconnected from the site....it cost me quite a lot of money over this period....but i like sky poker so i tried to resolve the problem...and yes i did complain about the lag.....its quite simply theft....its like someone putting their hand in your pocket and lifting out your  money...and it was completely a fault with the site...which they vehemently denied....but please explain to me how i had no problem with lag for 2years before....and now it seems to have been fixed....at roughly the same time as sky sorted out a problem with their server in guernsy...(go figure)....its certainly nothing i done....now i feel like the site is victimising me....downswing...which i never believed in anyway....cant explain the consistency or  the length of time for which these bad beats have happened....in fact it would be sheer madness to think that the law of average doesnt apply to online poker...because by the law of averages the 90% + hand should win the majority.....but i kid you not......not one in a month...which is not one from 60/70 tournaments...i read on another thread that after you withdraw cash...you lose for ages...does this mean that the outcome can be changed for each individual player....quite easy with modern tech..I don't know what it is....but i am sure about one thing....it's dodgy....tthere's something not quite right about it.....

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I miss read the thread title............

Thought it said Hellmuth - Bet he could teach you a thing or two about online poker though - gl
  • edited October 2012
    hi edge,
    you say that for 2-3 months your 'solid play' has paid off 'big time'...great.
    now you've had a bad run for a few weeks,which happens to us all from time to time btw,and you are moaning.
    think it's called 'variance' mate.
    yes,it's horrible when you are an 80% or 90+% fav and lose...but it happens...all the time.
    i play less and drop down levels when it happens to me.it just so happens that i too have had a rough few weeks this month,but it's all 'part of the game' and you have to learn how to deal with it.
    have a day or two off...chill and come back 'fresh again'
    gl
    :)
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    According to SS, you've never been anywhere near £3000 in loss and now you're in profit so be happy :)
  • edited October 2012
    you're paranoid.