You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

please..any thoughts are welcome! bluffed or good fold?!

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
towler01 Small blind   £0.30 £0.30 £40.06
mrdavies Big blind   £0.30 £0.60 £40.52
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

Tony4Aces Fold        
Liberachi7 Fold        
wudibluff Raise   £0.90 £1.50 £28.20
bet3pm_co Fold        
towler01 Call   £0.60 £2.10 £39.46
mrdavies Call   £0.60 £2.70 £39.92
Flop

• A
  • A

towler01 Check        
mrdavies Check        
wudibluff Bet   £1.35 £4.05 £26.85
towler01 Fold        
mrdavies Call   £1.35 £5.40 £38.57
Turn

• K

mrdavies Check        
wudibluff Check        
River

• Q

mrdavies Check        
wudibluff Bet   £6.00 £11.40 £20.85
mrdavies Fold        
wudibluff Muck        
wudibluff Win   £5.13   £25.98
wudibluff Return   £6.00 £0.27 £31.98

Comments

• edited October 2012
    got him down as a tight player!
  • edited October 2012
    Bet the turn, bet the river, as played fold
  • edited October 2012
    thats coz he is tight played wudiblufff loadsssssssssssssss capable of moves tho onlt on mastercash tables shown on tv easy fold im check raising flop tho 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: please..any thoughts are welcome! bluffed or good fold?!:
    got him down as a tight player!
    Posted by mrdavies
    Obviously, there's loads of hands that beat you.

However, you flatted pre; checked flop; checked turn; checked river.

It's hard for him to put you on any Ace, or any decent hand at all.  So what does he expect you to call him with?  If he has a FH or a straight, doesnt he want a call?  To me, his bet seems like he wanted you to fold. 

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: please..any thoughts are welcome! bluffed or good fold?! : Obviously, there's loads of hands that beat you. However, you flatted pre; checked flop; checked turn; checked river. It's hard for him to put you on any Ace, or any decent hand at all.  So what does he expect you to call him with?  If he has a FH or a straight, doesnt he want a call?  To me, his bet seems like he wanted you to fold. 
    Posted by Padzz77
    In hands like this where it is possible for you to have the ace or a big hand then the villain does overbet when he has the goods (as I have found out before!!)
  • edited October 2012
    Rather you bet/fold river than check/fold.

You have under repped your hand so much.

Call now
  • edited October 2012
    why should hero lead ott lambert?

I bet river. Ugh. You've played it quite passively which makes me lean towards call. Don't hate the fold at all tho. 
  • edited October 2012

I'm probably wrong cos I suck lol... just think when the turn comes down there are so many value hands/draws that he will check behind on the turn that we could get value from, and avoid letting him draw for free.

• edited October 2012
    i was trying to trap. but it just got more and more ugly each card that came that in the end i just wanted cheap showdown, anything below 4 i was calling!

Just the way he plays could see AJ being good.
  • edited October 2012
    lol no was just asking.

raising ott kinda narrows our range down to an A or set imo, and if villain calls/3bets it's v.likely that we're behind. if villain is a fish or something i wouldn't mind raising otf. vs bad aggressive players you could just keep calling and watch them lose their stack
  • edited October 2012
    sorry... betting not raising. sigh it's so early.lolol
  • edited October 2012
    It's a call IMO.

You have under repped your hand so much... The overbet does look like he might be getting max value out of you if you have a hand but the key in this hand for me is the fact you check the river as well... He thinks if you have an A you would bet the river he is only betting big as the pot is small so needs to bet big for the bluff too work. I think he would bet small if he wanted a call as you have shown no strength in this hand at all.
  • edited October 2012
    Would he really check the turn back with a hand that beats AJ? You have to put him on EXACTLY AK I think.

Your hand looks so much like a 88-TT tbh I think he could easily value bet a KING here, however if your read is he wouldn't cbet this flop with a random KJ/KQ/KTs type hand then i guess you're right.

I'd 100% bet the river though, I think he'll call a bet with Kx or Qx way more often than he'd bet these hands. 

I think chk/calling and chk/folding are quite close, but i'd go with a chk/call persoanlly as played. Bet folding I think is the far superior play
  • edited October 2012
    oppo has str/flush or bluff or maybe an Ace

bet turn

c/f river a/p
  • edited October 2012
    pro's of betting on the turn rancid? why we doing it?
  • edited October 2012
    Betting turn would be really bad after c/c flop imo

C/r flop not a great idea either unless we think villain is a fish or there is a really aggro dynamic

B/f river IMO, as played I call without excellent reads. Not too sure flatting AJ pre is great if we can't call 2streets

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: please..any thoughts are welcome! bluffed or good fold?! : In hands like this where it is possible for you to have the ace or a big hand then the villain does overbet when he has the goods (as I have found out before!!)
    Posted by waller02

Fair point.  I think I'd still be reasonably happy to call though.

Villain can be pretty sure from the preflop betting that we dont have AA, KK, QQ.  He may or may not also rule out AQ, JJ, TT.

So what does he think we might have that can call a bet of that size.  Could we really check river, after he has checked turn, if we had A7 or AQ?  Surely we would have either re-raised flop or bet river with 77?

So if he has any Ace at all, he can bet with impunity.  At worst,we call with an Ace and he splits pot and loses on the rake.  At best we fold our ace.

But he knows we have something, because we called on the flop.  So if he has no Ace, he can get big and get us off a pocket pair.  Eg he might have a couple of diamonds, or 87 or whatever.

So, fold aint terrible, if we think we might be splitting or losing quite often.  But we entered the pot, and called flop, with AJ, so I would personally see it through.  (Although if I was playing the hand I would have bet sooner anyway, so wouldnt have exactly the same decision)

• edited October 2012
    I think my outcome from all your posts is to bet turn & check call river, within reason.

Thanks guys
  • edited October 2012
    bet fold river