You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What do we do now on this flop?

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I may add bighawk imo is the best 20 nl reg on the site alot of respect for hes game and i think he knows what kind of hand i have got so for him to raise is it air or a nuts ? quinny76Sitout   tatoheadBig blind £0.20£0.20£28.74 Your hole cardsAK   BigHawk89Raise £0.60£0.80£18.50IDONKCALLURaise £1.80£2.60£20.06tatoheadFold    BigHawk89Call £1.20£3.80£17.30Flop  A810   BigHawk89Check    IDONKCALLUBet £2.20£6.00£17.86BigHawk89Raise £5.80£11.80£11.50

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I agree with you hawk is a really gd player and I know he is capable of making a moves but in a 3bet pot I would prob give him a lot of credit in this spot prob has 88-10s for the set but prob wrong lol.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: What do we do now on this flop?:
    I agree with you hawk is a really gd player and I know he is capable of making a moves but in a 3bet pot I would prob give him a lot of credit in this spot prob has 88-10s for the set but prob wrong lol.
    Posted by liamboi11
    Lol

Easy fold v him.
  • edited October 2012
    If you have that much respect for him then I think you need to give him the benefit of the doubt and fold... If he has AK as well he should only be flat calling and let you keep betting with worse hands. 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to What do we do now on this flop?:
    I may add bighawk imo is the best 20 nl reg on the site alot of respect for hes game and i think he knows what kind of hand i have got so for him to raise is it air or a nuts ?  quinny76 Sitout       tatohead Big blind   £0.20 £0.20 £28.74   Your hole cards A K       BigHawk89 Raise   £0.60 £0.80 £18.50 IDONKCALLU Raise   £1.80 £2.60 £20.06 tatohead Fold         BigHawk89 Call   £1.20 £3.80 £17.30 Flop     A 8 10       BigHawk89 Check         IDONKCALLU Bet   £2.20 £6.00 £17.86 BigHawk89 Raise   £5.80 £11.80 £11.50
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I think you have the best hand on the table now and should capitalise on it.
    You have a pair of Aces with a King kicker. A damn good hand. 
    He may have a pair, but not as good as yours. Ideal...
    He posibly has an Ace and other card. Less likely to be a king as you have one. Even if it is, you will likely share in the worst case. 
    The potential straight through the 8 and 10 is unlikley. It would mean he came in with a 97 or J9...
    Possible Trips of course if he went in with a pair of 8s or Tens.
    Less likley to be 3 Aces as that would mean all four aces out on the draw.

I would go in over the top and bet the pot ~£12 
    Try to in the pot to remove the chances of him getting a straight draw. 

• edited October 2012
    In Response to What do we do now on this flop? : I think you have the best hand on the table now and should capitalise on it. You have a pair of Aces with a King kicker. A damn good hand.  He may have a pair, but not as good as yours. Ideal... He posibly has an Ace and other card. Less likely to be a king as you have one. Even if it is, you will likely share in the worst case.  The potential straight through the 8 and 10 is unlikley. It would mean he came in with a 97 or J9... Possible Trips of course if he went in with a pair of 8s or Tens. Less likley to be 3 Aces as that would mean all four aces out on the draw. I would go in over the top and bet the pot ~£12  Try to in the pot to remove the chances of him getting a straight draw. 
    Posted by NOTB

I meant to say, respect is ok, but you're here to play the game, you can't just let people win all the time because they have won before...

Of course, I could be completely wrong and you could lose a lot of money!

• edited October 2012
    dont tag him in it ffs, if i was him now and i saw this id just constantly abuse/tourment ya on the tables.

if your showing him that youl fold AK ina  3bet flop on an A high board when he simply clicks it back at ya, well fair to say you wont be winning a pot of him in future with anything but the nuts
  • edited October 2012
    These are spots where it's extremely difficult for an opponent to be bluffing because you, with the pre-flop 3bet can very feasibly have AA/AK/TT, it's pretty unlikely he has AA/AK so for the most part he's repping 88/TT/ATs (he might not call OOP pf with ATs idk depends how often you like to 3bet)

The point is though that's its very easy for you to have a hand you can defend on the flop with here, which makes it a particulally un-appealing spot for a good player to be bluffing in.

This being said there are quite a few hands he can have which he would pick to bluff with KQ/KJ/QJ suited in hearts/spades/diamonds or 97 would be pretty good hands to decide to bluff with, I feel like he'd just call J9 IP most of the time, given calling can represent a lot of Axhands (AJ/AQ etc he prolly wouldnt raise otf, he'd just call) 

you say he's a good player he's almost certainly barrelling the turn so you prolly have to commit to stacking off if you call the flop, if he bets again on a Q or a J I'd consider folding the turn though.

• edited October 2012
    I know there's already been previous comments made by idcu saying he really respects bighawks game and its hard to get money out of him (via twitter) so he COULD be using this to exploit you. 
  • edited October 2012
    he could be yeah 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to What do we do now on this flop? : I think you have the best hand on the table now and should capitalise on it. You have a pair of Aces with a King kicker. A damn good hand.  He may have a pair, but not as good as yours. Ideal... He posibly has an Ace and other card. Less likely to be a king as you have one. Even if it is, you will likely share in the worst case.  The potential straight through the 8 and 10 is unlikley. It would mean he came in with a 97 or J9... Possible Trips of course if he went in with a pair of 8s or Tens. Less likley to be 3 Aces as that would mean all four aces out on the draw. I would go in over the top and bet the pot ~£12  Try to in the pot to remove the chances of him getting a straight draw. 
    Posted by NOTB
    lol
  • edited October 2012
    he could be yeah 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I used to use my tight image to make moves like this, doesnt seem to work now though.

Ps I would go with the hand.
  • edited October 2012
    what am i beating tho when he raises he not doing it with aq or aj
  • edited October 2012
    on the other hand, would he really raise 1010, 88, A10 on such a dry flop? 
  • edited October 2012
    this is just a level, right ?

bluff or beat
  • edited October 2012
    Call and get it in on turn