You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BIG STACKS LATE IN TOURNEYS BE HONEST PLEASE

was in the 1200 mini bh tonight, finished 17th with 10 10, think i had avarage stack at time, went all in, big stack had 1000000000000000000. aq he hat q, i know its not exactly impossible but i have seen this time and time again, have also been the big stack and got lucky when basically i shouldav got shafted, just wondering what peoples thoughts are, and i dont want variance pish, and all that, i know about variance bad beats, also i know how poker works so i dont want any die hards slagging me for posting this,     P.S even though i got knocked out i felt ok, didnt go on tilt or grab the hang rope lol

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to BIG STACKS LATE IN TOURNEYS BE HONEST PLEASE:
    was in the 1200 mini bh tonight, finished 17th with 10 10, think i had avarage stack at time, went all in, big stack had 1000000000000000000. aq he hat q, i know its not exactly impossible but i have seen this time and time again, have also been the big stack and got lucky when basically i shouldav got shafted, just wondering what peoples thoughts are, and i dont want variance pish, and all that, i know about variance bad beats, also i know how poker works so i dont want any die hards slagging me for posting this,     P.S even though i got knocked out i felt ok, didnt go on tilt or grab the hang rope lol
    Posted by bckneil
    Pocket tens v ace queen is only a 53% favourite preflop,plus late on in tournies most players have a big stack so are usually willing to flip with a hand such as AQ....well played on the cash though.....dont think i would think twice shoving with tens there either,dave
  • edited October 2012
    thinking back now was prob just a bit pissssed off with my self for shoving the lot in with 1010, good hand but easy dominated, cheers dave for your thoughts bud
  • edited October 2012
    It's funny, everytime I've been knocked out of a tournement, it's been by a player with a bigger stack than mine. I think you're onto something here!
  • edited October 2012
    no shittt sherlock