You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TKO - so who is your MVP so far?

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

Remember, there is £100 to the "Most Valuable Player" on BOTH Teams, to be decided after Leg Five.

So a bit early to be choosing yet.

But so we remermber, as we go along, who do you think deserved it from BOTH Teams last night?

It's quite a problem really.

Team tikay has no shortage of candidates.

But who will be picked from Team Orford? 

Make your early nominations for BOTH Teams now. We can revise them as TKP progresses.

Who do you reckon, then?

It does NOT have to be "Best Player", or "Biggest Casher". "Best Team Member", "Best Team Supporter", "Most Gracious Player", anything.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    ACEOVER FOR KNOCKING OUT THAT .......... I CANT BRING MYSELF TO TYPE HIS NAME , THERE SO CALLED CAPTAIN ...
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO - so who is your MVP so far?:
    ACEOVER FOR KNOCKING OUT THAT .......... I CANT BRING MYSELF TO TYPE HIS NAME , THERE SO CALLED CAPTAIN ...
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Cheers Pillowman - I'd like to nominate you for best Orford Heckler :)
  • edited November 2009
    Can we nominate ourselves LOL

I would like to nominate ME for being the best table hopper

LOL
  • edited November 2009
    TY M8 BUT YOU ARE THE HERO OF THIS FAMOUS VICTORY . MY REWARD WAS IN MY SHARING ...... ABUSE .... 
  • edited November 2009
    Watched the final 2 tables thought JAEGERBOMB and Doreen played really well.
  • edited November 2009
    my votes go to elsadog(team orford) and borobabe(team tikay) for the excellent railing and support they gave me.

This is a team competition and they showed support for their fellow team members which is what TKO is all about.

On a playing note, i'd prob go for Tikay himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2009

Oh yes - BolsterMan gets the Award for "Best Orford heckler".

Not that it's difficult, he has oodles of material to work with.

Where did their so-called Leader finish? 500th or something?

And "BEST KO" goes to ACESOVER8s" for busting the Ex-gloater. 
  • edited November 2009
    Man of the match for tikay's team has to be the dealer, that plucked out a queen on the river to rescue Doreen who was all in,  against 1 of the 3 remaining  orford stallwarts.

Trully, 1 card that changed the outcome of the match.

Credit where its due, though, Doreen then took advantage and went on to get the win, that won the match for tk, so is probably mvp if the dealer doesnt count ;)

Ray
  • edited November 2009
    Got to be Doreen. Has anyone actually thanked her 'cos she might not have had the chat box on screen?
  • edited November 2009

Doreen was the far superior player, watching from when there were 18 left. Aggressive, fearless little bit lucky with the 2 outer but he/she who dares...wins. Took the whole ft down single handedly, even if he/she busted in 6th 5th 4th or 3rd, wud still get my vote based on superior poker strategy!

I gather he/she was on my team too, but this wud not have influenced my decision. Jaegerbomb runner up, as tried to dominate the table too.

DOHH
  • edited November 2009

Also a mention for scrumdown, who i thought got very unlucky, and got his/her money in ahead everytime. Although not playing the way i wud approach a final table, money in ahead is all ya can do! so my MVP vote wud read...

1st - Doreen (deserved winner)
    2nd - Jaegerbomb (right intentions, cards/situations went against him.her)
    3rd - Scrumdown (Money in ahead everytime)

• edited November 2009

has to be JAEGERBOMB for team orford an outstanding performance

i vote for LML for team tikay for her continuous gettin in yer face to poor LORD ORFORD

• edited November 2009
    Man of the match for tikay's team has to be the dealer, that plucked out a queen on the river to rescue Doreen who was all in,  against 1 of the 3 remaining  orford stallwarts. Trully, 1 card that changed the outcome of the match. Credit where its due, though, Doreen then took advantage and went on to get the win, that won the match for tk, so is probably mvp if the dealer doesnt count ;) Ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    No need for that!

We won fair & square. Ish.

But really, "one card" - yes, all those players, all those tables, all those hands, & it pretty much came down to one hand, but for which, the best team would have lost.

On the "one card" thing, don''t forget I had a Pot for the near Chip-Lead with 15 left, my A-J v K-J, & the King spiked. And I never got given a single "walk" all night, if I recall correctly.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Tikay

You are of course absolutely right.  On all the different tables with all the different hands, there will have been many many river cards that ultimately changed the destination of all the chips at the very end.  So it is admittedly unfair to single any one hand out in that sense, and I certainly wasnt intending to detract from Doreen by mentioning it. 

There were pocket aces beaten by pocket 2's and my own qq got beaten by a 6-9 all in that hit the straight.  All part and parcel of the game, and the important thing was that in this game, more than any other, the outdraws were taken in great spirit and part of the fun and theate of the event.
  • edited November 2009

"And I never got given a single "walk" all night, if I recall correctly. "

Now how did I manage to let that one go without a mention.  lol.

• edited November 2009
    Tikay is the new ironside

not had a walk in years
  • edited November 2009
    Tikay is the new ironside not had a walk in years
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    unless you include when the nurses from the care home take him out in the garden

• edited November 2009
    My MVP would have to be acesover8s for knocking out Lord Smirk.
    Second would have to be doreen who won the title for the team.
  • edited November 2009
    Best for Orfords lot = Jaegerbomb

Best for tikays tonkers = Doreen
  • edited November 2009
    My MVP would have to be acesover8s for knocking out Lord Smirk. Second would have to be doreen who won the title for the team.
    Posted by apollo_11
    This glittering support from Team Tikay really brings a tear to my eye, Honest i'm all emotional and stuff.

Glad to know i made the right choice, with TEAM MATES like we have there is no way TEAM TIKAY can fail, (however i'm going to appologise in advance for my poor showing in the Bounty hunter as i suck at these lol)
  • edited November 2009
    yes tikay give it to all the team m8
  • edited November 2009
    yes tikay give it to all the team m8
    Posted by scrumdown
    It's not for me to choose!

I don't know how it wil be chosen - maybe a Vote by the Players.

I know who will NOT win it - Lord Lucan. But if he is not gonna get the MVP, he is in line for the MUPPET - "Most Useless Player Playing Every Tourney".
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO - so who is your MVP so far? : It's not for me to choose! I don't know how it wil be chosen - maybe a Vote by the Players. I know who will NOT win it - Lord Lucan. But if he is not gonna get the MVP, he is in line for the MUPPET - "Most Useless Player Playing Every Tourney".
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tsk, I led by example- I cashed against all the odds. And I didn't have five players on my team on the table cosily passing me chips all night!!!!

So, my SECOND choice for MVP on Team Orford is Jaegerbomb- for his services in stoking up the team and community on the forum in the lead-up to the big night, his undying committment to Team Orford and also for his outstanding performance in the tourney.

He's my personal MVP so far- but I will wait to see how the voting system will be proposed by Suit-City...
  • edited November 2009
    Twas Doreen that won it, Doreen is the most valuable so far, although, i think that whichever individual cashes the most times over 5 legs (and/or who makes the most money) is most valuable by definition...

mr_mbro, Anjie1970, tikay, and many others will be consistant and cash more often than not imo...

Whereas richorford will be consistantly bad...
  • edited November 2009
    Twas Doreen that won it, Doreen is the most valuable so far, although, i think that whichever individual cashes the most times over 5 legs (and/or who makes the most money) is most valuable by definition... mr_mbro, Anjie1970, tikay, and many others will be consistant and cash more often than not imo... Whereas richorford will be consistantly bad...

Posted by GREGHOGG
    tsk tsk gregg i never had you down as 1 of the dark side.

ps is there ever a tourny where you dont cash?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO - so who is your MVP so far? : Tsk, I led by example- I cashed against all the odds. And I didn't have five players on my team on the table cosily passing me chips all night!!!! So, my SECOND choice for MVP on Team Orford is Jaegerbomb- for his services in stoking up the team and community on the forum in the lead-up to the big night, his undying committment to Team Orford and also for his outstanding performance in the tourney. He's my personal MVP so far- but I will wait to see how the voting system will be proposed by Suit-City...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    gee shucks thanks Sir Richard for your motivational words and constant support.

i know your gonna rally the troops into battle next week.

congrats again on cashing yourself, think this is the start of your upturn in fortune.

ps tikay is and always has been a luck-box
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO - so who is your MVP so far? : gee shucks thanks Sir Richard for your motivational words and constant support. i know your gonna rally the troops into battle next week. congrats again on cashing yourself, think this is the start of your upturn in fortune. ps tikay is and always has been a luck-box
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB

did i use the words "tikay" and "has been" in same sentence?? surely co-incidental???