You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Motivation problem

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
I always seem to do well in the mornings but always mid afternoon i struggle end up getting bored and doing silly things which is annoying me and ruining my bankroll.  I dont no why this is , is it because im tired out from the morning session or whaT? to me that doesnt seem like a good enough reason because i see many people playing all day every day on here and i dont see them struggline.  Can anyone help?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    lack of motivation is what it sounds like to me.

try playing more tables or move up in stakes
  • edited October 2012
    Just play in the mornings.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Motivation problem:
    Just play in the mornings.
    Posted by Mohican
    hmm yeah maybe i dont play enough tables, i only play one.  I play at 50 nl which i think is decent enough , yeah but i shouldnt have to only play in the mornings cause i cant motivte myself thats not good
  • edited October 2012
    It's not a motivational problem if you're already playing.

Do you play sessions and have breaks? Or do you play from the morning through the day into the afternoon?

Have you read about positive tilt?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Motivation problem : hmm yeah maybe i dont play enough tables, i only play one.  I play at 50 nl which i think is decent enough , yeah but i shouldnt have to only play in the mornings cause i cant motivte myself thats not good
    Posted by robbie1992
    You cannot dismiss that also by the time you get to lunch/early afternoon the regs are coming out to play. I had 9 months off work and planned my play around an early morning session with a kip mid afternoon, then an evening session. I was also 6 tabling which was great for points.  
  • edited October 2012
    I play monrings, and find it easy to win, the players are noticably poorer.  Then i might stop at 12 and play again at around 5 but thats when i struggle and suppose i wanna win quickly for some reason and end up doing silly things. No iv never heard of positive tilt what is it?
  • edited October 2012
    I play monrings, and find it easy to win, the players are noticably poorer.  Then i might stop at 12 and play again at around 5 but thats when i struggle and suppose i wanna win quickly for some reason and end up doing silly things. No iv never heard of positive tilt what is it?
    Posted by robbie1992

Positive tilt is when you win a few hands and start overplaying. You get too confident and your game changes. This can then result in you making mistakes.

Sounds like you're losing patience quickly. You said you want to win quickly and do silly things. Sometimes you just have to sit tight and wait for things to happen or to find better spots to make moves.

• edited October 2012
    try playing two tables. it stops u getting bored and playing too loosly.

onwards and upwards :-)
  • edited October 2012
    Acegooner speaks alot of sense.  Alot of regs come on early afternoon and play through untill late.  Usually the later you leave it the worse the play gets.  Tables start to die after 2am and makes it hard for grinders to multi table.  If you are just playing 1 table you will be fine.  Also, if you are just playing 1 table, table select wisely.  Would defo be +ev to watch a few hands be4 sitting.

GL sir

• edited October 2012
    Just when i play 2 hands i dont seem to feel as confident in my reads because so much is happening.  but it happened today, i was doing okay i was in profit then some guy kept raising his blind i called then led ou when i missed just because it annoyed be he kept doing it, in the end that lead to me losing more and eventually my whole stack.  Eeveryone will lose in poker, but its just annoying when you no the money was spent on bad spots which with a clear head you no your losing, i dont understand why i cant just control this :(

I tried dealing with this tilt problem a while back by reading a book called ' the mental game of poker' i thought it helped but i guess not, its just very frustrating.  If i multi table wont i have to drop down in level aswell to suit my BR? its somthing i dont really want to do,.

Thanks for all the advice everyone