You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS Jackpot - ten farsand

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat

During UKOPS (October 28th to November 4th, inclusive) the Sky Poker Jackpot will be boosted to £10,000.

UKOPS covers 8 evenings, & on each of those 8 evenings, the Sky Poker Jackpot will apply to.....

UKOPS Main, 8pm

UKOPS Mini, 8pm

When UKOPS is over, it will revert to it's normal amount.

The Jackpot THIS week is £8,700, so if it fails to go, it would have been £8,800 next week. If it fails to go this week or during UKOPS, it will be £8,900 the following week.

If it is won this week, it will still be boosted to £10,000 during UKOPS.  

Comments

• edited October 2012

How to win the Jackpot?

Win the 8pm Main, & the 8.15 Mini on the same night, & you get the Jackpot. (Currently £8,700).

There is a £1,000 "near-miss" Consolation prize of £1,000, which will remain unchanged during UKOPS. To win this, you have to WIN the 8pm Main, & MAKE THE FINAL TABLE of the 8.15pm Mini.

The Jackpot may be coming to a player soon......

• edited October 2012

In this season of 'goodwill' (well nearly that time of year), is there any chance of Sky putting on a mini consolation prize?

WIN the 8.15pm mini and make the 8pm MAIN FINAL TABLE.....£500!

Possibly just while UKOPS is on or implemented regardless. 

What have Sky Poker got to lose? (apart from £500 ofc). The consolation prize has not been won........yet.
  • edited October 2012

I doubt that Alan!

However, it costs nothing to ask, & I will.

PS - I'm pretty sure the Consolation Prize HAS been won in the past, but my memory plays tricks these days, maybe I am wrong.

• edited October 2012

Thanks for asking. If you think about it in greater detail, more often than not, the mini hits its FT or its conclusion before the main.....hence this would bring in a 'locked up' consolation before the player attempts the jackpot!!

I am sure that thin (ish) Welsh chap Dylan had the mini won long before taking down the main.

......like you say, it costs nothing to ask and if you dont ask, you dont get.
  • edited October 2012

Jawzindawz won the Consolation in July, he/she is the only Consolation winner so far.

It's a weird statistical quirk; in the long run you's expect the consolation to be won 6x as often as the Jackpot as there are 6x as many ways to win it, yet so far the Jackpot has been won twice and the Consolation only once.

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Jackpot - ten farsand:
    Jawzindawz won the Consolation in July, he/she is the only Consolation winner so far. It's a weird statistical quirk; in the long run you's expect the consolation to be won 6x as often as the Jackpot as there are 6x as many ways to win it, yet so far the Jackpot has been won twice and the Consolation only once.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    I'd never considered that, how weird.

On the face of it, the odds of a "Main" winner winning the Mini are "only" about 400/1 or 500/1, less if we factor in possible skill differentials. (Varies from night to night). However, & quite surprisingly, a whole lot of players who play the Main do not play the Mini, so that increases the odds I suppose.

I guess "sample size" & statistical deviation are the answers. Nothing quite as fascinatingly weird as numbers & stats, endless curiosity resides there.