You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

60p to £12

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
a couple of weeks ago i started threads titled 30p-£5, 30p-£15 and 30p-£26.50, (i won this 30p on a freeroll), i have since withdrawn and lost this money. however, using the points i earned from playing with the above money i enterd a £100 freeroll and came 25th. i won 60p and ive done it all again using dyms sit n gos and cash games. this shows how freerolls are not a complete waste of time, so dont scowl at winning 30p!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    IMPRESSIVE STUFF NOT JUST FOR THE GOOD PLAY BUT THE HARD GINDING TO GET THAT SORT OF CASH FROM CHEAP DYMS
  • edited November 2009

Only made an account on sky to try the tv poker game, put 20 quid on, lost the game, went out on the beer. Think it was a sat night. Had 8 quid left the following sunday, looked on skybet there was an enhanced odds acca on european teams, put it on, went to 40, turned it into £1,400, taken my br off the other sites, now im a full time skypoker man!

:)
  • edited November 2009
    well done nirvana29 just goes to show u load of money in you account  to build up a bankroll keep it up good luck
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to 60p to £12:
    a couple of weeks ago i started threads titled 30p-£5, 30p-£15 and 30p-£26.50, (i won this 30p on a freeroll), i have since withdrawn and lost this money. however, using the points i earned from playing with the above money i enterd a £100 freeroll and came 25th. i won 60p and ive done it all again using dyms sit n gos and cash games. this shows how freerolls are not a complete waste of time, so dont scowl at winning 30p!
    Posted by nirvana29
    hi just to say that my mates constantly take the michael bout my micro limit play. However sky kindly gave me £20 ages ago and by sticking to a brutal limit for my bank roll i have managed to finally crack £100.  its taken 5-6 months so i dont think i can give up the day job just yet!!! I`m chuffed (SAD) i`m sure some will say.lol. have managed to avoid cash games and played mainly DYM at the £1 level. find the rake hard to beat though. may try to move up to £3 as rake only 10% of stake. Won my first 3 games at this level. increased bankroll by nearly 10% anyway just thought i`d chip in and say 30p is 30p after all. let em laugh.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: 60p to £12:
    In Response to 60p to £12 : hi just to say that my mates constantly take the michael bout my micro limit play. However sky kindly gave me £20 ages ago and by sticking to a brutal limit for my bank roll i have managed to finally crack £100.  its taken 5-6 months so i dont think i can give up the day job just yet!!! I`m chuffed (SAD) i`m sure some will say.lol. have managed to avoid cash games and played mainly DYM at the £1 level. find the rake hard to beat though. may try to move up to £3 as rake only 10% of stake. Won my first 3 games at this level. increased bankroll by nearly 10% anyway just thought i`d chip in and say 30p is 30p after all. let em laugh.
    Posted by hi2gts
    I would move on but keep in mind that if you want to stay the right side of your bankroll managment (and not everyone is that bothered but you seem to play within yours) you will have to move back if you suffer a significant down swing
  • edited November 2009
    Well done nirvana, read your other threads too. Keep on doing what you doing and you'll crack it. Personally i put £20 on, and through playing dym and micro cash got it to over £150. I still play on the same games to keep it rising, purely because my BR doesn't get hit when the variance kicks in.
  • edited November 2009
    Nice one - my neighbour and drinking buddie just withdrew £1500 from fulltilt built up from a minor cash ($2) win in a free roll in August - mind he has been playing 4 small stakes omaha ring games and knows the maths like stephen hawkins - holds his drink like him too tho!

• edited November 2009
    i got 90p from a freeroll once upto £18... started punching way above my weight chasing losses and within a few hours im back on £0

Bankroll management kids, remember it ;)
  • edited November 2009
    I love stories like the ones above! Congratulations to you all.

I might give it a try myself; I've already got a target worked out - earn enough to enter the WSOP Main Event in 3201. As long as I live just half as long as Tikay already has, I should be in there ha ha.