You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live on Sky Sports and 861 with Rich and Tikay ***the show thread***

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
The best feeling in poker is when.....you finish your session knowing that you've made all the right decisions not matter what the result!

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Hi gang,

I'm back again this Thursday night from 7 and simulcast on Sky Sports from 10. We're LIVE all the way till midnight and it's going to be epic! Let's get the bad news out the way first though- my partner-in-crime for the night in question is Steptoe Senior...

Yes, the line-up this Thursday is the tried and trusted combo of Richard Orford and Tony 'Tikay' Kendall...

Here's what we have for you:

7pm–  £600 TV Timed tournament coverage, starts @ 7:10pm

8pm-  Poker Clinic – Hand requests from the forum – Hands will be masked in this hour

9pm- Speed Cash coverage

10pm- Top Of The Pots – Top 10 biggest cash hands of the week from the Televised cash tables

11pm- 12k Bounty Hunter – Live coverage

Our competition from 7 till 9.30pm for a free seat into Friday's UKOPS semi satellite will involve guessing the hand of a player from one of our masked hands. So look out for that shortly after 7pm and 8pm and send in your answers by EMAIL ONLY please to skyopen@bskyb.com

Throughout the night though we'll be taking your hand requests, reading your messages, questions and banter AND getting your thoughts on this:

The best feeling in poker is when.....

Fill in the rest of that sentence! And I look forward to your responses on this thread!

• edited October 2012
    The best feeling in poker is when....

You wake up the morning after a wonderful dream that you took down the main event on Sky Poker/
    You check your balance then find, it wasn't a deam!

It hasn't happened yet but I live in hope!
  • edited October 2012
    For me there are two best feelings in poker.  The first is when you river the nuts and have people shoving into you.  The second is when you run a three barrell bluff and get someone to lay down a big hand.  Just for the record I've never experianced the second as I never bluff.......ok, I tried it once but didn't like it much so I never did it again..... Honest!  If you think you have seen me bluff it was a misclick.  I misclick a lot :)

The worst feeling in poker is holding aces in the big blind and receiving a pass.

Have a great show and run well everyone

• edited October 2012
    The best feeling in poker is when u are drawing completly dead apart from a 4 outter and u hit on the river u jump up in the air n give a good fist pump wel athst what i do anyway :)

Another best feeling in poker is when u get to a final table of any big mtt the buzz of getting to a final table to try n win big moaney is amazing feeling like me in the primo 2 weeks ago the rail was amazing had loads of people wishing me luck was just great feeling 
  • edited October 2012
    The best feeling in poker is

when everything you touch turns to gold!

Unless of course you're Carlo! Who for some reason prefers orange!
  • edited October 2012
    Great answers so far. Thanks guys, and if you haven't added something to the show yet, then what are you waiting for?! ;-)
  • edited October 2012
    The best feeling in poker is when..... you here the words. "good luck... dealers shuffle up and deal"
  • edited October 2012

Good evening Mr Orford and Mr Kendall.

I hope you're both well.

First, an apology: Richard, I may have been a little bit abusive of you on James' and Anna's shows in the last week. It was uncalled for and, while it may have been humorous, it was unbefitting of a gentleman. I am very sorry, Mr. Orford...

...On the other hand, I did win the caption competition on Tuesday night by insulting you, so the ends justify the means. ;)

The best feeling I ever get from poker is putting a really awful, disgusting bad-beat on my opponent. Watching them walk away, my mouth says "Unlucky mate" but my mind is laughing, Brian Blessed stylee.

Yes, I'm evil.

Have a bonny show chaps.

• edited October 2012
    Good topic this one. Anyone else have any specific best feelings in poker?

• edited October 2012

Tonight, on Live TV, I shall attempt to demonstrate something, a sort of trick, which will amaze & surprise most people.*

* May be an exaggaration.

• edited October 2012
    The best feeling in poker is when.......Shouting to the missus, iv'e made the final table,
     and she brings me a lager and a whisky chaser. Then the mood changes
    when she starts pointing out new dresses in a womans mag.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Sports and 861 with Rich and Tikay ***the show thread***:
    The best feeling in poker is when.......Shouting to the missus, iv'e made the final table,  and she brings me a lager and a whisky chaser. Then the mood changes when she starts pointing out new dresses in a womans mag.
    Posted by rusty_ring
    Excellent.

Not much beats the buzz of Tourney poker when we make a Final Table, no matter what the Buy-In.
  • edited October 2012
    best feeling in poker is when the mouthy abusive person at the table gets bad beated or makes a bad play and slinks away with their tail inbetween their legs

but my best feeling watching sky poker is when i see you two gentlemen doing the show making the rest of us feel alot younger/better @ poker :)

Interested to see if tikay can makes richards night as miserable as he did james' on sunday (poor james), cant have unfed babies now can we tony ....
  • edited October 2012
    Tonight, on Live TV, I shall attempt to demonstrate something, a sort of trick, which will amaze & surprise most people.*

* May be an exaggaration.

just like that   spoon jar jar spooon 
  • edited October 2012

If you've got a hand that you'd like to be shown on the Poker Clinic please post the hand ID and your questions on this thread!

• edited October 2012
    578180867    am i right to call on the turn with the outs i have or is it a fold ?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Sports and 861 with Rich and Tikay ***the show thread***:
    Tonight, on Live TV, I shall attempt to demonstrate something, a sort of trick, which will amaze & surprise most people.*   * May be an exaggaration.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Will you make yourself disappear?

I'm getting excited about this...
  • edited October 2012
    Good evening Mr Orford and Mr Kendall. I hope you're both well. First, an apology: Richard, I may have been a little bit abusive of you on James' and Anna's shows in the last week. It was uncalled for and, while it may have been humorous, it was unbefitting of a gentleman. I am very sorry, Mr. Orford... ...On the other hand, I did win the caption competition on Tuesday night by insulting you, so the ends justify the means. ;) The best feeling I ever get from poker is putting a really awful, disgusting bad-beat on my opponent. Watching them walk away, my mouth says "Unlucky mate" but my mind is laughing, Brian Blessed stylee. Yes, I'm evil. Have a bonny show chaps.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    The best thing in poker is
    receiving a bad beat from boring loner and when he utters the immortal words "unlucky mate"
    You know exactly what he's thinking!
    Next step to the Fancy Dress shop to get those SUMO outfits!
  • edited October 2012
    Tonight, on Live TV, I shall attempt to demonstrate something, a sort of trick, which will amaze & surprise most people.*   * May be an exaggaration.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Is the answer the two of clubs?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Sports and 861 with Rich and Tikay ***the show thread*** : Will you make yourself disappear? I'm getting excited about this...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Don't get your hopes up!
    He's probably worked out how to use the thermostat for the studio's heater and the only thing likely to disappear is your coffee and chances of a free night during UKOPS! 
  • edited October 2012
    I think we should be using Tikay's free pensioner heating allowance to warm the studio up. Either that, or somehow harnessing the hot air that comes out of his mouth throughout the night...
  • edited October 2012
    Best feelings in poker, I've had three specific ones this year that stick in my head.

1). Winning the weekly DTD which was one of the targets I set myself at the end of 2011.

2). Winning an £11.00 Bounty Hunter after a 2 month run where I just couldn't buy a result, to the point where I was questioning all aspects of my game and genuinely wondering if I'd forgetten how to play.  I clearly remember the feeling when I shipped it being like a weight lifting off my shoulders.

3). SPT Grand Final this year, the moment that as I stood to walk away from my table for a break, the final table bubble burst on the other table and that realisation that I'd made the final of what for me, as a relatively low stakes player was my biggest tournament of the year.
  • edited October 2012

The best feeling in poker is when.....
     You've been struggling all through a Tourney but still manage to make the cash.. patience ftw
  • edited October 2012
    The best thing in poker in my veiw has to be sky poker the community are just great offering top advise and some good banter,
    however the worst thing in poker is being delt pocket kings with king king two on the flpo two all ins before you and just as you go to click all in, nothing because im  DISCONNECTED how sad is that. lol

great show kind regards Spoony21  
  • edited October 2012
    2 mins to the show. See you there!
  • edited October 2012
    Funny story: The TV Timed tournament doesn't have a TV icon. The name gives it away, though.
  • edited October 2012
    The best feeling in poker is realising after playing for a few minutes that you can spot all of your opponents weaknesses, and then using that knowledge to crush them at the tables.
  • edited October 2012
    Rich,

You said you are good at the guess the hand competition...you just said the player might have AK spades....when our opponent has the K of spades I think your guess might not be 100% correct.

Looking forward to another great show

Matt
  • edited October 2012

Stokie72.......named after Stoke City's league victory in 1972 (prob)

Nice table :)   Have a good show guys!
  • edited October 2012

The best thing in POKER is the O it reminds me of mints.