You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Six

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all

Countdown time has begun for reminders to the £300.00 guaranteed deepstack.
7.30pm start
£22.00 to enter
15 minute blinds
For those of you with a big enough bankroll,and loads of patience, this is the prefect game for you, brilliant structure.

Comments

• edited November 2009

I cant believe i got a gobfull, well, 60 of em, for starting un-neccessary posts n taking up room on the menu when u do this everyday?

Surely ppl know about it now?
  • edited November 2009
    but ott dohhhhhh hes not doing anyharm
  • edited November 2009

i cud take one of many quotes from my post but cnt be bothered to luk for it

ill just paraphrase....

"stop starting useless posts on the forum coz it knocks valid ones off"

summat like that
  • edited November 2009
    I LIKE YOUR CALM  " RESPONSE " BARRY , HIM, WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED , FROM OTHER TEAM , COULD LEARN SOMETHING HERE ;)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Six:
    I LIKE YOUR CALM  " RESPONSE " BARRY , HIM, WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED , FROM OTHER TEAM , COULD LEARN SOMETHING HERE ;)
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Hi m8
    ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by acebarry10
    ?
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by acebarry10
    ?!?
  • edited November 2009
    Keep up the good work Barry, its a shame that SOME people post junk messages disparaging other players good work
  • edited November 2009
    i cud take one of many quotes from my post but cnt be bothered to luk for it ill just paraphrase.... "stop starting useless posts on the forum coz it knocks valid ones off" summat like that
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I assume youwill be writing these same comments on Tikays & Richard Orfords many TKO threads too
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Six : I assume youwill be writing these same comments on Tikays & Richard Orfords many TKO threads too
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Hi Kiwini

Its all in the art of good advertising ;)

• edited November 2009
    i cud take one of many quotes from my post but cnt be bothered to luk for it ill just paraphrase.... "stop starting useless posts on the forum coz it knocks valid ones off" summat like that
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Who do you think you are telling people what they should and shouldnt post?

Dohhhhhhhh the moderater eh? (never imo)

• edited November 2009
    I cant believe i got a gobfull, well, 60 of em, for starting un-neccessary posts n taking up room on the menu when u do this everyday? Surely ppl know about it now?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You get a "gobful" because you turn up on this site and within a week you disparage a leading analyst and one of this site's most loyal patrons. Barry's advertising of the deepstacks has without doubt increased manifold the number of participants, and thereby their enjoyment. He is polite, and acts and carries himself with good grace 100% of the time.

I have no doubt you are a decent player, and are a welcome addition to the sky camp. Your exuberance is in some ways to be admired, but I fail to see in what way Barry's cheerful threads are causing you an issue? 
  • edited November 2009
    VERY WELL SAID DARICH I COULD NOT AGREE MORE.IT IS ONLY(AND IT IS ONLY) HIS POSTING THAT HAS AROUSED MORE AND MORE INTEREST IN THE DEEPSTACKS
  • edited November 2009
    I cant believe i got a gobfull, well, 60 of em, for starting un-neccessary posts n taking up room on the menu when u do this everyday? Surely ppl know about it now?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If you have issues with the conduct of a Member, you are free to send a PM to Sky-Rich.

You were taken to task because your Posts were aggro & rude - for which you later partly apologised. Note, by the way, that James did the Channel 4 EPT Barcelona commentary last night, alongside Danny Negraneu, & many described James's commentary as crisp, concise, informative, & humorous. Not easy to sound good when paired with DN.

Whereas Barry has been ASKED to do these - by me. Barry very kindly offered to give his own time to help me promote them. Which is pretty decent considering the guy, who loves playing poker as much as you or I - cannot even afford to play the Events he gives so much of his own time to promote. How selfless is that?

And why did he start doing them in the first place?

1) Because we wanted to get better fields, because we liked certain Tourneys. We like to solve our own problems, not moan.

2) Because I have more Poker Forum & Community experience than most players here, & I wanted to lead by example, & show how Communities can help each other.

And the net result is that, now, there are 5 or 6 different Members here who help promote different Tourneys. We have guys like Kiwi, IrishRover, Paparon, Barry, all of them want more runners, so they do the right thing - they go out & try to get them. They start Threads, make Posts, send PM's, lobby the Suits, all sorts.

They do it themselves, without pay, reward or thanks, because that's how Communities work. They also help Sky-Rich & myself with running various Free Entry Competitions, too.

The £22 Deepie which Barry has been Promoting used to be £500 guaranteed,. The numbers fell, it went to £400, the numbers fell further, to 10 or 12, so the Guarantee was chopped to £300. Since Barry started pushing it for us - US - the numbers have risen steadily, & it now averages 25 (value £500) & we had 37 on Monday I think. £740 for a £300 Guaranteed Event. Pretty good, eh? And mostly down to Barry.

I hope that helps you understand how poker Communities work.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Six : If you have issues with the conduct of a Member, you are free to send a PM to Sky-Rich. You were taken to task because your Posts were aggro & rude - for which you later partly apologised. Note, by the way, that James did the Channel 4 EPT Barcelona commentary last night, alongside Danny Negraneu, & many described James's commentary as crisp, concise, informative, & humorous. Not easy to sound good when paired with DN. Whereas Barry has been ASKED to do these - by me. Barry very kindly offered to give his own time to help me promote them. Which is pretty decent considering the guy, who loves playing poker as much as you or I - cannot even afford to play the Events he gives so much of his own time to promote. How selfless is that? And why did he start doing them in the first place? 1) Because we wanted to get better fields, because we liked certain Tourneys. We like to solve our own problems, not moan. 2) Because I have more Poker Forum & Community experience than most players here, & I wanted to lead by example, & show how Communities can help each other. And the net result is that, now, there are 5 or 6 different Members here who help promote different Tourneys. We have guys like Kiwi, IrishRover, Paparon, Barry, all of them want more runners, so they do the right thing - they go out & try to get them. They start Threads, make Posts, send PM's, lobby the Suits, all sorts. They do it themselves, without pay, reward or thanks, because that's how Communities work. They also help Sky-Rich & myself with running various Free Entry Competitions, too. The £22 Deepie which Barry has been Promoting used to be £500 guaranteed,. The numbers fell, it went to £400, the numbers fell further, to 10 or 12, so the Guarantee was chopped to £300. Since Barry started pushing it for us - US - the numbers have risen steadily, & it now averages 25 (value £500) & we had 37 on Monday I think. £740 for a £300 Guaranteed Event. Pretty good, eh? And mostly down to Barry. I hope that helps you understand how poker Communities work.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Spread bet on the time of the Dohh apology? 12.35
  • edited November 2009
    Very well put Tikay.
    Barry and the other do a fine job in promoting the deep stack tournaments.
    Without there help, I am sure some of them would not exist now.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Six : If you have issues with the conduct of a Member, you are free to send a PM to Sky-Rich. You were taken to task because your Posts were aggro & rude - for which you later partly apologised. Note, by the way, that James did the Channel 4 EPT Barcelona commentary last night, alongside Danny Negraneu, & many described James's commentary as crisp, concise, informative, & humorous. Not easy to sound good when paired with DN. Whereas Barry has been ASKED to do these - by me. Barry very kindly offered to give his own time to help me promote them. Which is pretty decent considering the guy, who loves playing poker as much as you or I - cannot even afford to play the Events he gives so much of his own time to promote. How selfless is that? And why did he start doing them in the first place? 1) Because we wanted to get better fields, because we liked certain Tourneys. We like to solve our own problems, not moan. 2) Because I have more Poker Forum & Community experience than most players here, & I wanted to lead by example, & show how Communities can help each other. And the net result is that, now, there are 5 or 6 different Members here who help promote different Tourneys. We have guys like Kiwi, IrishRover, Paparon, Barry, all of them want more runners, so they do the right thing - they go out & try to get them. They start Threads, make Posts, send PM's, lobby the Suits, all sorts. They do it themselves, without pay, reward or thanks, because that's how Communities work. They also help Sky-Rich & myself with running various Free Entry Competitions, too. The £22 Deepie which Barry has been Promoting used to be £500 guaranteed,. The numbers fell, it went to £400, the numbers fell further, to 10 or 12, so the Guarantee was chopped to £300. Since Barry started pushing it for us - US - the numbers have risen steadily, & it now averages 25 (value £500) & we had 37 on Monday I think. £740 for a £300 Guaranteed Event. Pretty good, eh? And mostly down to Barry. I hope that helps you understand how poker Communities work.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

I cannot put into words how much this community means to me, and your response to this, thank you just never seems enough, but all I can offer, thank you t everone else as well, I am completely humbled.
  • edited November 2009

Barry - it's the very nature of Internet-Based Poker Forums that some people moan & groan, whilst others get on & do things. And tolerance seems a little lacking in some, too - nobody has to read particular Threads.

Some do moan, some do do. You are a do-er.
  • edited November 2009
    Hear hear ,i always look to see what the deepstacks or forum tourneys are going to be from barrys posts.yes i know they will be on, but he tells me on the forum the stake, and sometimes the players as a WELCOME reminder as to whether i need to play(or whether ican afford that nights tourney!) Keep up the good work.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Six : Hi tikay I cannot put into words how much this community means to me, and your response to this, thank you just never seems enough, but all I can offer, thank you t everone else as well, I am completely humbled.
    Posted by acebarry10
    I am deeply humbled and moved by this emotional and humble response to TK's support of your cause, its because of moving and humble posts like yours that makes the skypoker forum so welcoming, moving and humbling. I am moved and humbled everytime I log on. Thank you for moving and humbling me, you have no idea how much this forum means to me either, although it never seems enough, I thank you, I am moved and humbled.