You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My Horses to follow from now until cheltenham

edited February 2013 in Betting Chat
In Response to My Horses to follow from now until cheltenham:
Super Duty
Posted by wynne1938
Where,when,why?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Super Duty(Ran 2nd in the 5.00pm race at carlisle today.Ran a great race, came 2nd. Has beaten Keys at Ascot earlier this year,and finished 2nd to Simonsig earlier this year.)
  • edited October 2012
    does anyone no when hurricane fly is due to make its first outing???
  • edited October 2012
    theres nothing set in stone and will be kept in ireland until march so id imagine the first big hurdle if fit and more likely in and around christmas
  • edited October 2012
    christmas being the christmas hurdle at leopardstown. hed be one you could back antepost as a single (ongoing with your treble) for march, dont know if you back to lay or just let it run but he be one for the fomrer as will go off fav again if he turns up at cheltenham in one piece and almost certainly at half the price he is now.

not sometihng im well up with myself tbh but looking into it, i have a knack of getting early prices, on the most part, which are alot bigger than what they go off at on the day, but it doesnt stop the majority from running like donkeys regardless!!!! so maybe back to lay could be the way to go
  • edited October 2012
    Vulcanite won the 3.05 at Fakenham today,was a decent flat horse,changed stables end of 2011 (R.Beckett to CE Longsdone)
    A bit better than his current handicap mark!
  • edited October 2012
    As I've already sorted and given the winner of the National, I may as well tip up the winner of the 1st race of The Cheltenham Festival here and now. . . . Waaheb. Get on now @ 12's. Be 6/4 on the day. 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: My Horses to follow from now until cheltenham:
    christmas being the christmas hurdle at leopardstown. hed be one you could back antepost as a single (ongoing with your treble) for march, dont know if you back to lay or just let it run but he be one for the fomrer as will go off fav again if he turns up at cheltenham in one piece and almost certainly at half the price he is now. not sometihng im well up with myself tbh but looking into it, i have a knack of getting early prices, on the most part, which are alot bigger than what they go off at on the day, but it doesnt stop the majority from running like donkeys regardless!!!! so maybe back to lay could be the way to go
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    i love the fly so wil be backing him at cheltenham, i got stung last year with him tho, had £500 on him!! also about laying, if say sprintre sacre and quevega both come in it would be wise to lay big bucks i suppose, who do you do this with betfair and is it simple enough to do?
  • edited October 2012

again im not an expert but yeah you could lay him as a single if the first two are up. either to cover your stake or ensure profit.  saw a tweet on oddschecker of special for BB and SS both to remain unbeaten all season, 10/1 double, seems tasty enough to me. every year you think surely something will come and upset BB and it never materialises. as i said on your antepost treble thread, im bursting for mullins to take the bold step to run Quevega in the world hurdle but i wont hold my breath, other pretenders like peddlars brought back hurdling and zarkander stepped up to 3m, and the ever consistent Voler La Vadette who ran BB so close last March, but even Quevega has beaten her out of sight on a couple of occasions so youd wonder where the new pretender to the throne is going to come from.

• edited October 2012
    Ozeta,looks a lovely horse.Henderson should do well with it!

Ran in the 1.45 at Stratford today
  • edited October 2012
    4.00 Aintree today.
    Very Impressive,another recruit to the DcCain nr stable from Ireland!

Clondaw Kaempfer.
  • edited October 2012
    http://www.attheraces.com/home/?ref=main+nav&nav=home

This is a good site to register to,its free.They have a gadjet where you can list the horses you want to follow and they send you an e-mail when the horse is running!
  • edited October 2012
    Molotof(ran in the 2.30 at Taunton today)
    Still a novice,attempted the big fences for the firts time today,made a few mistakes,Jockey A.McCoy got him through.
    Ran at cheltenham last year in hurdles race.
  • edited November 2012
    Suraj  1.40 Haydock

New recruit to Jonjo.O'Neil yard from the flat.
    Introduced to jump racing today.Jockey did not give it to hard a race,one to keep in mind!
  • edited November 2012
    4.05 Uttoxeter Dreams of Milan

Recruit from Ireland for D.McCain Jnr stable,got beaten today ,but ran a gutsy race!
  • edited November 2012
    1.20 Towcester Springinherstep!

From Nicky Henderson stable.Had her first run over jumps today,got besten by a neck!
  • edited November 2012
    1.50 Musselburgh Swift Escape.

Young horse having his first race over hurdles.Looked promising at one stage of the race ,then weakened!
  • edited November 2012
    2.30 Ffos Lane Oscar Davy

Change of stable,hurdling with V.williams,now with P.Hobbs.
    Introduced to fencing today,made afew mistakes.
    Further schooling will help!
  • edited November 2012
    Suraj  1.40 Haydock New recruit to Jonjo.O'Neil yard from the flat. Introduced to jump racing today.Jockey did not give it to hard a race,one to keep in mind!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Running in the 2.30 at Bangor today.

Suraj  3.1/1 £10 win
  • edited November 2012
    1.40 Exeter Pr ovo

Got beaten by a better horse on the day

Cloudy Copper (J.J.Oneill/A.McCoy)(added this to my list to follow!)
  • edited November 2012

Talkonthestreet,still showing his inexperience,should improve,keep on list.(Ran in the 2.40 at Exeter today)

• edited February 2013
    Ozeta,looks a lovely horse.Henderson should do well with it! Ran in the 1.45 at Stratford today
    Posted by wynne1938
    This horse has now gone back to Ireland and is trained by N.Madden(owned by JP MCmanus)

Won 11f listed contest at Longchamp in 2011 when trained by Elie Lellouche, and was a fairly useful juvenile hurdler. Has shown nothing in 2 starts over hurdles for this yard, however.

I guess this is been prepared for cheltenham!

I shall definitely back it e/w.

Had a little bet on the flat today(9.20 Dundalk) Made a nice little profit!