You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

game after game same thing everytime

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceSoLackSmall blind 150.00150.006085.00deusvoltBig blind 300.00450.0014665.00 Your hole cards88   Biggsy31Fold    BinawhileAll-in 1541.871991.870.00HyperionFold    steelrodAll-in 6575.008566.870.00SoLackFold    deusvoltFold    steelrodUnmatched bet 5033.133533.745033.13BinawhileShow9K   steelrodShow88   Flop  2JJ   Turn  3   River  6   BinawhileWinFlush to the King3533.74 3533.74

Comments

• edited October 2012

When you called him, it was 53:47 in your favour.  

It aint a bad beat to lose that.

• edited October 2012
    Absoutely standard, it's a flip!
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: game after game same thing everytime:
    Absoutelt standard, it's a flip!
    Posted by Slykllist
    yeh i know its a flip just wish i could win some lol
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: game after game same thing everytime:
    In Response to Re: game after game same thing everytime : yeh i know its a flip just wish i could win some lol
    Posted by steelrod
    You might want to post the hand in hte Poker Clinic, and describe the full circumstances, and people will comment on whether it was a worthwhile call or not.

I'm a useless player so I'm in no position to give advice, and I also dont know the circs.

But, imho, you'll rarely be against a lower pair, and not all that often against just one overcard.  The large majority of the time you'll be against a bigger pair (you only have about a one in five chance of winning) or two overcards (it's almost a coin flip, with you having the slight edge).

If you've decided the other guy is so low that (a) there is a greater than normal chance of him having a hand you are a big favourite against and (b) the loss will not badly hurt your stack, then so be it.  But you need to know you are taking a risk, and be sure that you wont be tilted if you  lose.

And the fact he beats you by drawing a flush is irrelevant, and should not be more annoying than if he hits a single 9 or a single K, or hits the unlikely straight.

(What always annoys me, I must admit, is if the board paired twice (say Q and T) to counterfeit your pair and give him the win.  I hate that.  But it's just one of the risks you voluntarily take when all the betting is done pre-flop and you therefore lose the opportunity to make decisions as the cards come out.)

• edited November 2012
    Super duper easy shove, you didn't do anything wrong. This guy has 5xBB, not even worth considering folding 88