You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I cant catch FISH!

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
Today i had a really loose table like stupidly loose.  It was at 50 nl, and i layed by normal game raising with good hands, not trying anything to fancy.  But i found myself building a pot missing the flop and being limited to what i can do, because if i try any moves it wouldnt work because there fish.... yes?  In the end it ended up really annoying me because i wasnt running well and my ak was beat by a6 things like that, and when i think back to the hand i cant think of strategys that actually would of worked along the streets.  So is it simply ABC poker??

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to I cant catch FISH!:
    Today i had a really loose table like stupidly loose.  It was at 50 nl, and i layed by normal game raising with good hands, not trying anything to fancy.  But i found myself building a pot missing the flop and being limited to what i can do, because if i try any moves it wouldnt work because there fish.... yes?  In the end it ended up really annoying me because i wasnt running well and my ak was beat by a6 things like that, and when i think back to the hand i cant think of strategys that actually would of worked along the streets.  So is it simply ABC poker??
    Posted by robbie1992
    Asked and answered your own question there mate.

If people are stations and don't know where the fold button is then just bet when you don't want them to fold :)
  • edited October 2012

I have played 50nl the entire month and it is full of reg nits.  There is a couple imo who have some moves but other than that the rest are waiting for premiums or making money from fish in a few hands.  They are essential making money from the rakeback imo.  I can easily fold qq to a 4 bet allin against some people and there 3 bet range is really narrow aswell which makes it easy to play against.  I can 3 bet like crazy at 50nl and get away with it as there is only 2 people on there who will come back over the top of me with a light 4 bet.  I enjoy playing against these 2 players as we can make moves against each other.  Im not saying theres anything wrong with them playing to make money from the rakeback but its not proper poker and is very exploitable.

• edited October 2012
    what do you mean there making it just from the rakeback? Yeah in mornings b4 12 its comletelt different its very loose then about 5pm + its full of nitty regs.  Its tough tbh, i bet its worse the higher you go up isnt it? i bet you get no fish
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: I cant catch FISH!:
    what do you mean there making it just from the rakeback? Yeah in mornings b4 12 its comletelt different its very loose then about 5pm + its full of nitty regs.  Its tough tbh, i bet its worse the higher you go up isnt it? i bet you get no fish
    Posted by robbie1992
    If you put proper volume in at 50NL+ then you can easily earn £1000+ per month just from C4P, so these people are happy to just break even or make a very small profit and still be earning a nice amount from rakeback (C4P).

From what I've heard, 50NL is by a mile the nittiest level on Sky.
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by robbie1992

Yes like Lambert said if these players put in a high volume thell probly make like a grand from cash for points if they break even at the game.  I am up £1700 this month at 50 nl and have £612 at the moment to be added in c4ps at the end of the month.  For a player like yourself Robbie who only plays 1 table i would reccomend you try 100nl but play at very selected times.  There is more value as you frequently see people sitting down with 50 or 60 quid that most likely means there will be value from these players.  Id reccomend you play 50nl during the day if your playing 1 table as there wont be many fish on 100nl during the day then take a shot at 100nl after 12am when there will be value at these tables.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: I cant catch FISH! : Yes like Lambert said if these players put in a high volume thell probly make like a grand from cash for points if they break even at the game.  I am up £1700 this month at 50 nl and have £612 at the moment to be added in c4ps at the end of the month.  For a player like yourself Robbie who only plays 1 table i would reccomend you try 100nl but play at very selected times.  There is more value as you frequently see people sitting down with 50 or 60 quid that most likely means there will be value from these players.  Id reccomend you play 50nl during the day if your playing 1 table as there wont be many fish on 100nl during the day then take a shot at 100nl after 12am when there will be value at these tables.
    Posted by bearlyther

Sick brag lol. Well played mate
  • edited October 2012
    1700 at 50 nl is a great achievement well done lol 34 buyins in a month, thats seriously impessive.....heater or just playing at correct times?
    Yeah i was thinking that but im winning at 50 nl so i dont mind being patient building up my br and having a proper go.....im putting off multi tabling but im gonna have to put some effort into doing it just for the profit and c4p i hear these people are getting.....although i dont get playing poker being nitty and just earning c4p as the income, thats not the point of poker lol
  • edited October 2012
    Guess it just depends what you want tbh. If the point of you playing poker is to make a steady income, then they're doing it in probably the lowest variance way of doing it.

If you're not about making money, and just see poker as a way of paying for entertainment then just do whatever ya want.

IMO even if you don't plan on playing 6+ tables, most people should give 2-3 a go because before long it really shouldn't make you play any worse than you would on 1 table, and it's just more fun not having to sit there pressing the fold button for long periods of time.
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks wasnt meant as a brag post lol.  I would say its a heater yea i dont really have any set times to play just play when i feel like it to be honest.  But yea like you say i could never just grind for c4ps.  Give 2 tables a go mate and you will slowly feel more comfertable and move up in your tables.
  • edited October 2012
    yeah thats true i am getting bored of long periods of just folding, if anything it would help to play more table as i wont be as eager to get inolved in hands like i am now out of patience.  No i play to make money really, i enjoy the game alot but making money is the main aim which i have most weeks i been on sky, but no where near the amount like bearlyther more lyk i would say around £400-700 a month, which is half ofwhat you make :( so thats another reason why it seems tempting to play more tables, must be a disaster when it goes wrong and your multitabling though?
  • edited October 2012
    yeah thats true i am getting bored of long periods of just folding, if anything it would help to play more table as i wont be as eager to get inolved in hands like i am now out of patience.  No i play to make money really, i enjoy the game alot but making money is the main aim which i have most weeks i been on sky, but no where near the amount like bearlyther more lyk i would say around £400-700 a month, which is half ofwhat you make :( so thats another reason why it seems tempting to play more tables, must be a disaster when it goes wrong and your multitabling though?
    Posted by robbie1992
    Yes my swings can be extremely high i play 6 tables.  The reason why my swings are so high is because i play so many hands 3 betting and so on.  On the first day of the month i had a sick day at 50 nl and won £1000 in a day then 2 days later i lost £550.  So id say my swings are more extreme than the others because i play so many hands.