You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

live tv on 865!!!

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
is it me or is there less live tv showing the open recently?? i used enjoy watching the open while i played but these days every time i tune in a repeat of some kind is on???

Comments

• edited November 2009
    There is def less live poker on. But this is to be expected as the expense of running those live shows has to be spread out a little. With the welcome draw, cash for points, TKO, Other freerolls, and welcome bonus all coming out of the marketing budget along with the TV shows then at some point funds have to divert from 1 to support some of the others.

I'd love to see it back to a live Open every night of the week but it's just not sustainable at the moment i'm affraid. Some more pre-records so we didn't have endless primo repeats. But on the bright side remember there is no other site that gives you the regular opportunity to play in televised tournaments (some on Sky Sports no less) and have your poor plays exposed for the world to see when an analyst explains how poor you are lol. It's Unique and as such has to be a bonus for all of us that play here
  • edited November 2009
    think this maybe the reason, to why the numbers on the open are down.. playing in a live tourney is the best part of sky poker, i only play open when its live.. think alot of other players do aswell...

the open is a crazy tourny where its all in or fold after 1.30hrs.. if its not live then it offers nothing you cannot get from any other site, with a better structure.
  • edited November 2009
    evryone who joined sky because of the open being live every night please comment here so we can get it back.. please..
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: live tv on 865!!!:
    think this maybe the reason, to why the numbers on the open are down.. playing in a live tourney is the best part of sky poker, i only play open when its live.. think alot of other players do aswell... the open is a crazy tourny where its all in or fold after 1.30hrs.. if its not live then it offers nothing you cannot get from any other site, with a better structure.
    Posted by daz231023
    Daz,

I must correct that.

The field sizes for The Open, or the nightly main Event, are NOT down.

In fact, quite the opposite.

The Field sizes are UP.

The Prize Money - per week - is UP.

The Structures have been improved, as there is now more time to play.

Extensive Market Research showed that the PLAYERS preferred it at 8pm.

I don't see the Nightly Main Event ever reverting to 9pm, though that's just a personal hunch.

There are now some decent Tourneys at 9pm, 9.30pm & 10pm though. Have you seen those?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: live tv on 865!!! : Daz, I must correct that. The field sizes for The Open, or the nightly main Event, are NOT down. In fact, quite the opposite. The Field sizes are UP. The Prize Money - per week - is UP. The Structures have been improved, as there is now more time to play. Extensive Market Research showed that the PLAYERS preferred it at 8pm. I don't see the Nightly Main Event ever reverting to 9pm, though that's just a personal hunch. There are now some decent Tourneys at 9pm, 9.30pm & 10pm though. Have you seen those?
    Posted by Tikay10
    yeah seen them... but they are not live either!!

my point is that myself (and alot of other people) joined sky so that they could play in a tourny which is shown live on tv?????

i agree with the fact that longer blinds = more play therfore better standard but why not live on tv anymore??
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: live tv on 865!!! : yeah seen them... but they are not live either!! my point is that myself (and alot of other people) joined sky so that they could play in a tourny which is shown live on tv????? i agree with the fact that longer blinds = more play therfore better standard but why not live on tv anymore??
    Posted by daz231023
    Please see the reply by ACESOVER8's.

We'd ALL like it to be 7 nights per week - how do you think the Presenters & Analysts feel, the Producers, the Camera & Gallery Crew, it's our living! - but it's just not sustainable. They are spending their Marketing money in different ways now, & it's being spent more effectively. They are actually spending more, too.

And the facts speak for themselves - more people play it, there are bigger Prize Pools, & better structures, & the vast majority of players prefer that.

There are still 6 - going on 7 - new or Live Shows every week. (All free).

There are Live Shows on Thursday, Saturday & Sunday.

There are Three Pre-Records which are recorded every Wednesday (Lisa & Trevor are recording them at this very moment), & these air on different days.

And a SECOND new Show - the biggest, most expensive, most radical we have ever done - starts on Saturday nights quite soon.  I saw "The Set" for it today, the Title Music & Opening graphics & VT are all cut, those who will appear on it - some famous names, but not associated previously with Sky Poker - are all provisionally booked. This one is targeted at our PLAYERS more than anything ever before, too.

And various "specials" will continue to appear fom time to time, such as the Vegas Special.

No doubt some Players will leave the Site. But so far, more people than ever before are playing here.
  • edited November 2009
    Is there a weekly listing of new shows, i.e. live or not repeats? 

If I look on the "TV Schedule" section right now it just lists tonights "A Winner's Journey". 

It would be great to have a list of the new shows in the week ahead so I can Sky+ them ahead of time.

• edited November 2009

i can see all that, just saying that i enjoyed the live shows, and its thr reason i joined.. not saying im leaving, but i wish they were back

• edited November 2009
    Is there a weekly listing of new shows, i.e. live or not repeats?  If I look on the "TV Schedule" section right now it just lists tonights "A Winner's Journey".  It would be great to have a list of the new shows in the week ahead so I can Sky+ them ahead of time.
    Posted by Machka
    Hi Machka,

Tonight's Winners Journey is not a repeat, it was filmed this afternoon and will feature all the play from the unseen Primo final table (22nd Nov.)
    The shows listed in the TV schedule are not repeats unless entitled "Weekly catch up"

Hope that helps.

A
  • edited November 2009
    Is there a weekly listing of new shows, i.e. live or not repeats?  If I look on the "TV Schedule" section right now it just lists tonights "A Winner's Journey".  It would be great to have a list of the new shows in the week ahead so I can Sky+ them ahead of time.
    Posted by Machka
    Well I get one every week, in spreadsheet Format, so a bit hard to copy.

I'll have a word with Those Upstairs & ask if they mind me Posting it on the Forum.

Bear with me, as I'm busy tonight - 4 Tabling, at my age! - then after that, I'm driving home to Derbyshire. Tomorrow I'm everywhere during the day, this & that, & tomorrow evening I'm going to Luton with a bunch of Sky Poker peeps - Lisa, Loser Orford, maybe 'Ling, Sarah "Purple Lady" Collingbourne,  Mabsue, Suemab, Chompy IMO, & maybe a few others, so it'll be Friday before I next get any serious time on the Forum.
  • edited November 2009
     i can see all that, just saying that i enjoyed the live shows, and its thr reason i joined.. not saying im leaving, but i wish they were back
    Posted by daz231023
    And so say all of us. But we have to move on.
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks Sky_Ling, I'll keep an eye on that page for a week since I figure most new shows are shown on the same schedule each week so I'll figure out all the news ones within a week.

Thanks Tikay, I'm sure a full weekly listing would be of interest to many people.  Hope Orford doesn't take all your cash at Luton, go easy on Lisa as well, she's a bit chesty at the moment.