You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ok to take a stab at this pot

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
villian looks strong/bad pre. Cbet looks weak so i am thining flaot and take a stab later. Turn brings me some equity so i check to see if i hit flush. Villian bet on river is yuk can't flat with no showdown ok to take a stab at this do we think? No particular reads on villain min opened flatted 3bet with jj then donk lead 60p on every street with k  on flop oop. can presume has a bad understanding on bet sizing and position.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
??
Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £32.82
jayne155 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £44.35
  Your hole cards

HANDSY Fold        
fringe107 Fold        
VINEY73 Fold        
jams88 Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £30.19
??
Raise   £1.35 £2.70 £31.47
jayne155 Call   £1.20 £3.90 £43.15
jams88 Call   £0.60 £4.50 £29.59
Flop

• Q

??
Bet   £1.50 £6.00 £29.97
jayne155 Fold        
jams88 Call   £1.50 £7.50 £28.09
Turn

• A

??
Check        
jams88 Check        
River

• Q

??
Bet   £0.30 £7.80 £29.67
jams88 Raise   £5.10 £12.90 £22.99
??
Call   £4.80 £17.70 £24.87
jams88 Show

??
Show
  • Q
  • K

??
Win Three Queens £16.81   £41.68

Comments

• edited October 2012
    two ways im thinking of playing this

number 1-If i`m taking a stab at some point I prob bet turn because i think most time when ppl check the turn when an ace comes they dont like it so you bet may take it there and then, plus your equity has improved gutshot with flush draw so if called you have outs to hit.

number 2- vs this opponent the way he has played the hand seems very fishy and prob does not fold when he has a piece of any board so maybe flat turn and hope to hit and get some money out of him when you hit and if you miss i still call the 30p to see what he had and make a note for future.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: ok to take a stab at this pot:
    two ways im thinking of playing this number 1-If i`m taking a stab at some point I prob raise turn because i think most time when ppl check the turn when an ace comes they dont like it so you raise may take it there and then, plus your equity has improved gutshot with flush draw so if called you have outs to hit. number 2- vs this opponent the way he has played the hand seems very fishy and prob does not fold when he has a piece of any board so maybe flat turn and hope to hit and get some money out of him when you hit and if you miss i still call the 30p to see what he had and make a note for future.
    Posted by liamboi11
    i considered this but looking at 3bet size pre and given we don't think oppo is that good thought there are alot of ax's in his hand here looks alot like a i check to trap jobby i thought the min bet on the river was probably a ax and was trying to rep the queen he had sigh
  • edited October 2012
    Villians dont like to fold in general when brd pairs, find a better spot.

• edited October 2012
    fold flop. Its not a good spot to make a move.
  • edited October 2012
    If your gonna "float" the flop surely u have to bet the turn here especially as you now have flush draw. 

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: ok to take a stab at this pot:
    If your gonna "float" the flop surely u have to bet the turn here especially as you now have flush draw. 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    got my thinking back to front it would seem i would have bet if it had been say the ace of diamonds but because i picked up the the fd i decided to check.... need to go back to basics abit i think
  • edited October 2012
    Fold flop

Bet turn

Fold river