You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Main event tonight is it best to raise a lil or just shove to look weak thoughts i was tempted to ca

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceWacko90Small blind 125.00125.004720.00dixo64Big blind 250.00375.0016652.50 Your hole cardsKK   IDONKCALLURaise 500.00875.005650.001267Fold    Pears_27Fold    Lil_meFold    Wacko90Fold    dixo64Raise 500.001375.0016152.50IDONKCALLURaise 2000.003375.003650.0

Comments

• edited October 2012

Shoving is better than flatting.

Both are a million times better than what you did!!!!!!

imo. ^
  • edited October 2012
    definitely a shove for me, minraise, then tiny 4bet over his tiny 3bet... you're basically saying 'I have AA or KK.'
  • edited October 2012
    if i get a call i get a call dnt think it makes much difference here 99 per cent of time i go all in here but the reason i didnt is because i was utg n min raised so thats a strong hand right guy in big blind clicks back so he must be strong as he raised my utg raise so i put him on a strong hand so i think its irrelevant if i went all or clicked back but looking back i should of called and hope no ace flops and let him bluff :/
  • edited October 2012
    If it doesn't matter either way, why have yuo posted it lol.

Don't think minraise UTG is that strong tbh cos you're only 5handed and at this blind level, anything much more than a minraise isn't great imo.

You would only be letting him bluff if he has AK and misses. Big PPs are more likely imo, in which case yuo're going bust if they flop a set with underpairs, letting them off cheap if overcards come to their PPs and just delaying getting it in v AA if you're crushed pre already.
  • edited October 2012
    raising little isn't weakness with 20bb. it's way stronger than shoving. If villain is bad and is min 3betting quite often I just make a small raise cos he'll call with a lot of cr ap, and might fold if you shove. If this is the first time you've seen villain do it I probs just shove
  • edited October 2012
    Hi idcu

My opinion for what its worth is min raise hoping for a rer by a later opponent (no ss but one may have been in a range trying to resteal far from the money).
    When the bb raises, i shove and take my chances that he calls. He does have +16k and may have pp or something like AJ as he may have seen some particular play that led him to believe you were opening utg light.
    I watched someone well known and successful in last nights bh (admittedly) getting aggressive so much with so little(sucking out a lot) after deciding to change gears. After winning a couple of all-ins he then had the ss to bully with over raises and went on to come third.
    If it was so obvious that you have kk orr AA then maybe that IS the right reason to do so versus a thinking opponent......