You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a call on the river

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Reads hes a solid reg doesnt get out of line much 1 thing he took a weird line he checked the turn if he had queeen im thinking he bet this so on river im thinking its polarised either missed flush draw or the nutsIDONKCALLUSmall blind £0.10£0.10£39.73TroyvusBig blind £0.20£0.30£38.22 Your hole cards1010   KING2600Fold    wudibluffFold    bignath90Fold    thercktRaise £0.60£0.90£23.32IDONKCALLURaise £1.70£2.60£38.03TroyvusFold    thercktCall £1.20£3.80£22.12Flop  98Q   IDONKCALLUBet £2.40£6.20£35.63thercktCall £2.40£8.60£19.72Turn  8   IDONKCALLUCheck    thercktCheck    River  7   IDONKCALLUCheck    thercktBet £5.80£14.40£13.92

Comments

• edited October 2012
    it wud be a crying call with villain having J10
  • edited October 2012
    It might just be a call with your straight blockers.  
  • edited October 2012
    I just fold and be happy about it. I think he's vbetting JJ and Q10s+ AQo too often. Suppose hands like KJs/AJs/A10s are all possible, depends on how likely it is that he takes a stab at it with A high.  But since he checked back ott it makes me more convinced he has a Q or JJ
  • edited October 2012
    wouldnt a q  or k q bet turn tho for value ?
  • edited October 2012
    Pretty wet board imo, hard for AQ or KQ to get 3 streets of value on this board.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Is this a call on the river:
    I just fold and be happy about it. I think he's vbetting JJ and Q10s+ AQo too often. Suppose hands like KJs/AJs/A10s are all possible, depends on how likely it is that he takes a stab at it with A high.  But since he checked back ott it makes me more convinced he has a Q or JJ
    Posted by percival09
    yeah poss, but I think he's checking JJ and QJ/Q10. If he has air I'd imagine he'd take a stab at it on the turn to give him 2 streets to take it off you. It's poss he'd check back QK too, but yeah I just like the fold
  • edited October 2012
    and also this is the problem with 3betting 1010 oop. He could be completely outplaying you here. This board smacks his range in D FACE. I don't really think he's folding anything on the flop. ANYTHING. Cos it's likely he can take it off you on later streets. There's probably a good argument for checking otf. Cos you're just making nothing fold. Playing well in 3b pots oop with a hand like this is pretty difficult and ppl just cbet too often without actually thinking what theyre doing. I mean what are you doing otf? Value betting? Bluffing? 
  • edited October 2012
    its a hard flop to c bet or check as i raised pre thinking this hits my range aswell as my opponents i have to raise pre as like u say im oop but hes check on turn baffled me i put him on a missed flush draw or  sometihing like q 10 and dnt like the kicker 
  • edited October 2012
    its a hard flop to c bet or check as i raised pre thinking this hits my range aswell as my opponents i have to raise pre as like u say im oop but hes check on turn baffled me i put him on a missed flush draw or  sometihing like q 10 and dnt like the kicker 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    that flop hits a callers range more than a 3bettors range imo. He can't really have many missed flush draws. Most of them will probs be A high flush draws that he'll probs get in otf cos he can also make you fold a lot of better hands by raising on that flop. 
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    You said in your OP that you think it's missed fd or the nuts...

I don't think you're beating much here tbh.

You don't have to raise pre btw.
  • edited October 2012
    i think i have to raise pre im oop if i call all im doing is set mining as most of the time over card hits n goes check bet fold
  • edited October 2012
    I think 3betting pre is fine, although as Percival says it will put you in tricky spots oop. Flatting is an option, and if you flat you shouldn't be just set mining v a btn open

When you decide to 3b you should have an idea what you expect to call. Your reads seem a little confused to me, you say he is polarised then say he can show up with QT. 

His hand looks a lot like JJ, KQ to me. QJ, JT, QT may not call pre given reads. Assuming the suited versions of these 3hands call would still be only 8 combos. If he floated the flop with a draw/air I think he likely bets turn, he also prob bets turn with some of his strong hands. Imo river is a fold, but you have a better idea how he plays etc. if he was really nitty and unimaginative I might jam over river raise , as I think he's rarely very strong, but you rep nothing if he can hand read and u would need to know he can fold a pair