You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A sort of guess the hand.

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
This hand stood out in my mind from a recent tournie i played. Just wondering the way I played, if you were in the villains shoes, what would you put me on. And also what do you think the villain has?

6 handed table. Ive got limited reads on villain...have seen him limp KQ once from CO and thats about it. My imagine is pretty tight I would say.

Blinds 100/200.

UTG - fold
UTG+1 - fold
CO - fold
B - min raise to 200  (from a circa 5k stack)
SB - fold
BB (me) - call

Flop:
2sJcTh

Me - check
B - bet 200
Me - raise to 625
B - flat

Turn:
5h

Me - bet 850
B - flat

River:
Js

Me - all in for the rest of my stack - roughly 1400 iirc
B - semi -tank call

What do you guys think are the 2 hands involved here. In particular, what hand does mine look like?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    you have KQ and villain has A10
  • edited October 2012
    You look pretty strong if villain reads you as tight, 22, KQ maybe JT. If you had 22 or JT u don't post though

Villain no idea, AJ, TT+
  • edited October 2012
    Ive had a fair bit of analysis from two good friends of mine and looking back on it now, it was a really bad spot. Ive basically polarized my range here. Was still surprised by the hand that called me on the river.

My hand was air (Q8o) and the opponent had KQo. At the time, I felt like my image might be able to pull me thru. I did realise on the flop that I probably didnt have the stack to go about repping a huge hand bearing in mind his holding. My conclusion is that it was a really bad spot to bluff as I didnt have the stack or position and my hand was very weak. I needed A high at the min even without being results orientated. I railed the villain for the rest of the tournament and had I seen some of their plays, I would of re-assessed attempting this bluff. I put them on being reasonably solid as they hadnt been too involved and played fairly passively while I had been at the table.

Given Im pretty critical  of my hand and i know what Ive made a mess of, what are general thoughts on the KQ that called the river?
  • edited October 2012
    Fold pre 

Fold flop

C/f turn

C/f river

Villains call is bad, or else he is awesome and owned u