You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Online Poker Records

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
I was having a look at Sharkscope and found the Leaderboard section and has a list of the top records in the world.

Some are quite incredible so I decided to post.

The longest streak of heads-up victories is 65!! Someone has won 65 heads up matches in a row, not only a couple of games more than the player in 2nd, 32 MORE than the 33 that the 2nd placed has - incredible.

The most double-your-money victories in a row record is 28.

The most STT wins in a row is 10.

Can anyone on Sky beat this? (Challenge)

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Think my best STT wins is 5 lol, i'm 100% i've cashed 10 in a row. Not sure if that's an achievment or not tbh
  • edited November 2009
    P.S I'm sure if you spent a day or two on the 0.30p STT you/someone could push that record. Would be a nice little record for SkyPoker to own.
  • edited November 2009
    i have won 6 in a row
  • edited November 2009
    The most double-your-money victories in a row record is 28.

cashed in 15 DyM in a row it was 30p though :P
  • edited November 2009
    Talon has cashed in 21 consecutive DYM's on this site.
    See: The Streak
  • edited November 2009
    I thought cashing in 3 in a row was good :D
  • edited November 2009
      Just saw this thread and was about to jump on and blow my own trumpet when i saw that i had already been mentioned.
     Thank you for that vince. I must say that i havent got past 5 since that mammoth streak though.
  • edited November 2009
      Just to give you some information on the standards of play that can sometimes exist on the micro level DYMs, i will relate to you one that i played.

Hand 1 2 players end up all in, one knocked out
     Hand 2 2 different player end up all in , one knocked out
     Hand 3 nothing happened
     Hand 4 the 2 big stacks both end up all in , one gets knocked out

4 hands played and the cash bubble had been burst. Me and one other guy cashed by folding 4 hands in a row.
     Cant see this happening at higher levels but can easily happen at the 30p level.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Records:
      Just to give you some information on the standards of play that can sometimes exist on the micro level DYMs, i will relate to you one that i played.  Hand 1 2 players end up all in, one knocked out  Hand 2 2 different player end up all in , one knocked out  Hand 3 nothing happened  Hand 4 the 2 big stacks both end up all in , one gets knocked out   4 hands played and the cash bubble had been burst. Me and one other guy cashed by folding 4 hands in a row.  Cant see this happening at higher levels but can easily happen at the 30p level.
    Posted by Talon
    What happened on hand 3 - nobody got dealt any cards?
  • edited November 2009
    VERY IMPRESSIVE TALON , THAT WILL TAKE SOME BEATING .
  • edited November 2009
      Just to give you some information on the standards of play that can sometimes exist on the micro level DYMs, i will relate to you one that i played.  Hand 1 2 players end up all in, one knocked out  Hand 2 2 different player end up all in , one knocked out  Hand 3 nothing happened  Hand 4 the 2 big stacks both end up all in , one gets knocked out   4 hands played and the cash bubble had been burst. Me and one other guy cashed by folding 4 hands in a row.  Cant see this happening at higher levels but can easily happen at the 30p level.
    Posted by Talon
    Still happens quite alot at that level, as thats all i can afford to play

Some of the play in them (mine probably included!) is scary
  • edited November 2009
    Talon has cashed in 21 consecutive DYM's on this site. See: The Streak
    Posted by MereNovice
    to be fair its easier to win 21 DYM in a row than HU, as 3 out of 6 although the same odds is easier, but still great
  • edited November 2009
    got a point their loony, probably easier to cash in DYMs than heads up.

That HU record is quite an achievement from the OP!
  • edited November 2009
    I'm on a run of 5 DYM's just now;

22 Nov 07.33 £5 1/6
    28 Nov 15.51 25p 1/6
    28 Nov 15.54 25p 1/6
    28 Nov 19.22 25p 1/6
    28 Nov 19.27 50p 1/6

I'll check further back in my records, I might have won the last before 22 Nov, I could add to the 5.

23 to go...
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by Talon
    I quite agree with you Talon.
    The play on the micro DYM games is always a bit aggressive, to say the least.
    Anyone with an A will go all-in, they have no respect for a decent sized raise, and will call with any two cards.
  • edited November 2009
    I'm on a run of 5 DYM's just now;

22 Nov 07.33 £5 1/6
    28 Nov 15.51 25p 1/6
    28 Nov 15.54 25p 1/6
    28 Nov 19.22 25p 1/6
    28 Nov 19.27 50p 1/6

I'll check further back in my records, I might have won the last before 22 Nov, I could add to the 5. 23 to go...
    Posted by Kevilfish
    22 Nov is as far as the record goes.

I played another 3;

28 Nov 21.34 50p 2/6
    28 Nov 21.35 25p 1/6
    28 Nov 21.39 25p 3/6

8 in a row!!

20 to go...
  • edited November 2009

29 Nov 17.19 25p WIN
    29 Nov 17.26 25p WIN

10 in a row!!

18 to go...

I'll try a few more tonight.

• edited November 2009

I find it hard to believe the record for hu wins is 6o odd.....but DYM's is only wat...30?

Surely cashing in a dym is easier than winning HU? Doesnt anyone else think so? get dealt JJ v TT HU, ur all in everytime, no doubt about it. - everytime ur all in theres a chance of losing

DYM.....u can get away with the whole tourny without showing a hand.

Im genuinely amazed at that stat.....

1/2 is alot harder than top 3 outta 6 surely? (OVER A PERIOD OF TIME)

he must have run amazingly well.

DOHH

• edited November 2009

29 Nov 18.29 25p WIN
    29 Nov 18.37 25p WIN

12 in a row!!!

16 to go...

• edited December 2009

Iv had 12 in a row i think but 20 odd is amazing. im currently on 8 in a row in 10 and 20 quid dym so ill update if i can keep it going. gl kevilfish

• edited December 2009
    :( got to nine then lost. crackers aswell, raied jj 4 times bb, ended up getting beat off 94?lol then next game had kk, sb raised, i re raised, he beat me with 97, funny old game.
  • edited December 2009
    5 Dec 16.32 25p WIN
    5 Dec 16.34 25p WIN

14 in a row!!!!

14 to go.....

wo-ah, we're half way there,
    wo-ah, living on a prayer...
  • edited December 2009
    IT'S OVER! 14.

Mistake #1 Calling a pre-flop min-raise while on the big blind (100) with a 7-9 of clubs, flopping top pair and pushing the pre-flop-raiser all in for half of my stack, leaving me with 1000 chips.

I had enough chips to not get involved in this sort of hand, it just got me into trouble.

Mistake #2 Not pushing pre-flop against a limper who then hit a flush and I call the value bet for 60% of my remaining chips.

I think it is definitely possible, as long as you have a good sense of when to put your chips in and trying not to get it all in pre-flop early on, letting it go to the poker gods isn't the best idea, if you can play the streets and get value out of your hands without letting your opponents hit draws cheaply, you'll do well in low limit DYM's.

Kevilfish's biggest DYM tip: never get involved with hands that can get you into trouble.