You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£22 dym is this a call 5 left with 2 short stacks? my stack 1.5k

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
get in alot of marginal spots like this in later stages not sure if its a call y i posted it my stack was 1.5k i believeMarkYouSmall blind 100.00100.005630.00TUBSY1010Big blind 200.00300.001495.00 Your hole cardsA8   dizzyclu10Fold    All_In86All-in 1545.001845.000.00

Comments

• edited October 2012
    no, and i wouldn't consider this to be marginal
  • edited October 2012
  • edited October 2012
    i only have 1.4k and i feel the guy is stealing in the cut of i dnt wanna get blinded out i know dyms in later stages is about u going all in n stealing chips not calling a all in with marginal hands
  • edited October 2012

You need to cash in 55%+ of DYMs to make a profit.

If you call, most of the time you're either flipping, or have 1 over card to hit, or are dominated. Occasionally you'll be up against hands like A2-A7 and KQ, which is barely good enough equity considering you need to cash 55%+ and you are calling for your DYM life, the rest of the time, you deffo don't have the equity to call.

Average stack with 5 left is only 2.4k, and one guy in HH has 5.6k (making everyone else's stacks smaller) so you're not in immediate danger.

As you said yourself, you want to be shoving when you have some FE.

• edited October 2012
    This be why I hate DYMs, even if you know opponents are shoving wide it seems 'taboo' to call wider in response. 

Play however you've been playing lately, who knows maybe you'll redefine the way to play DYMs.
  • edited October 2012
    Hi idcu

If you have good reason to then fine ....lets get away from formulaic poker. It will certainly help no matter the result when these guys see you doing this (though incorrect mathematically) as they will think twice when playing you in future. So there are pluses to be gained by doing this.
    I rer ai a guy who r'd on btn today  pre w/A7o in deep stack. SS warranted the raise ai, i feel as well as seeing that he was tilted earlier. I got stick for sucking out v his 44 , further tilting him, bless! I had to remind him that he'd raised my blind on the btn a massive number of times so i'd lost faith in his raises on btn.
    Showing that you may not necessarily follow 'the rules' can make you the loose cannon people don't want to be bothered with especially when lots play formulaically.
    PS i do think you should foldthough, ha!
  • edited October 2012
    Now do you finally believe that it is a fold lol.

Now that you've asked them on 861, lied about the stack sizes, and said you had AT instead of A8 and they still said it was a definite fold? lol
  • edited October 2012
    noooooooo lambert im talking in general happens alot to me in dym bubble stages not talking bout this hand