You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10NL - Nitty Fold on the Turn?

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
What are your thoughts on my fold on the turn?

It seemed straight forward to me, at the time because I couldn't see why he would raise with a worse hand than I have, but then Dohhhhh pointed out that he can't really have KK or 3x unless it's 33, so I should only be scared of 66 really.

Is this too nitty? Was a major sigh when Doh pointed it out to me as it might mean subconsciously I've been playing too tight recently and giving up too easily due to recent coolers and outdraws.

Flame away! :)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
upagear Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.84
TheFox36 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £10.48
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

DB01 Fold     
Lambert180 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £22.46
almighty29 Fold     
rancid Fold     
upagear Fold     
TheFox36 Call  £0.20 £0.65 £10.28
Flop

• K

TheFox36 Check     
Lambert180 Bet  £0.45 £1.10 £22.01
TheFox36 Call  £0.45 £1.55 £9.83
Turn

TheFox36 Check     
Lambert180 Bet  £1.10 £2.65 £20.91
TheFox36 Raise  £3.30 £5.95 £6.53
Lambert180 Fold     
TheFox36 Muck     
TheFox36 Win  £3.46  £9.99
TheFox36 Return  £2.20 £0.29 £12.19

Comments

• edited October 2012
    readless I fold. It's 10nl, he obv has the nuts lol
  • edited October 2012
    check turn for pot control n call river bet if both flush draws miss 
  • edited October 2012
    why are wanting to pot control with tpgk on a paired board at 10nl? vbet his a s s
  • edited October 2012
    just saying how i would of played it didnt say it was the right way just what i would of done 
  • edited October 2012
     One simple question about this hand.

Why are you betting on the turn?

If it is for value then you should never be folding. If you are not sure where you are then you shouldnt be betting with position and taking a free card.

Either way i dont like the bet fold on the turn. One of the major uses of position is the fact that it allows you to control the pot. By betting this turn you are opening yourself up to raises and to be left not knowing where you are.  You leave yourself open to floats and raises with better hands.

When you know your reason for betting with what you have and possible reads on the opponent then it makes your decision making  a lot easier.

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 10NL - Nitty Fold on the Turn?:
     One simple question about this hand.   Why are you betting on the turn?    If it is for value then you should never be folding. If you are not sure where you are then you shouldnt be betting with position and taking a free card.   Either way i dont like the bet fold on the turn. One of the major uses of position is the fact that it allows you to control the pot. By betting this turn you are opening yourself up to raises and to be left not knowing where you are.  You leave yourself open to floats and raises with better hands.    When you know your reason for betting with what you have and possible reads on the opponent then it makes your decision making  a lot easier.  
    Posted by Talon
    why? that's so ridic imo. It's a clear value bet because more times than not villain will either fold or call the bet, and we have him beat, a very small % of the time villain will raise here at 10nl, and in which case we're probably behind. At micro limits you should be bet bet betting until raised, and then you can reevaluate. Saying you shouldn't bet for value if you're not going to call a raise is pretty bad. You're going to be missing so much value by being afraid of getting raised and folding, especially at 10nl. I agree pot control in position is an important part of the game but i don't think that applies here at all
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 10NL - Nitty Fold on the Turn?:
    In Response to Re: 10NL - Nitty Fold on the Turn? : why? that's so ridic imo. It's a clear value bet because more times than not villain will either fold or call the bet, and we have him beat, a very small % of the time villain will raise here at 10nl, and in which case we're probably behind. At micro limits you should be bet bet betting until raised, and then you can reevaluate. Saying you shouldn't bet for value if you're not going to call a raise is pretty bad. You're going to be missing so much value by being afraid of getting raised and folding, especially at 10nl. I agree pot control in position is an important part of the game but i don't think that applies here at all
    Posted by percival09
    Yeah this is what I was going to say.

I think you have played it perfect IMO. The board is double flushing so you really shouldn't be giving a free card IMO. Like percy says, as long as your not raised your ahead 90% of the time. Giving a free card on a flushing board is not a good idea. If he had called be prepared to call the river though if it's a blank