You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i have known something was up??

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
OwnYrSoul Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £80.62
shawsok Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £74.87
 Your hole cards
  • A

tappazuki Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £63.36
Ludacris Fold     
robbie1992 Call  £1.50 £3.75 £67.43
Spad3s Fold     
OwnYrSoul Call  £1.25 £5.00 £79.37
shawsok Fold     
Flop

OwnYrSoul Check     
tappazuki Bet  £3.75 £8.75 £59.61
robbie1992 Call  £3.75 £12.50 £63.68
OwnYrSoul Fold     
Turn

• A

tappazuki Bet  £17.50 £30.00 £42.11
robbie1992 All-in  £63.68 £93.68 £0.00
tappazuki All-in  £42.11 £135.79 £0.00
robbie1992 Unmatched bet  £4.07 £131.72 £4.07
tappazuki Show

robbie1992 Show
  • A

River

robbie1992 Win Full House, 9s and Aces £129.92  £133.99
Reads on villian was that he was fairly loose and i had seen him lose to much money on hands that his hand strength wasnt worthy off.  My thoughts was possiable overpair with the lead out, although i felt he was capable of doing that with top pair, when the turn comes and he leads out for that big a bet im worried, im thinkin maybe he bluffed the river with AK and has now hit.  Should i realsse somthing wasnt correct in this hand??

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Once you've called pre, have to call flop. And turn seems fine considering how big the pot is/how much he has behind and his likely holdings.

Sets are hard to spot, and yeah you got lucky this time, but this is one of them spots where you're gonna lose alot of money most of the time.

P.S. He didn't bluff the river,the chips were all in lol. Think the A is a great card to be honest, because there's so many Ax hands that c-bet the flop and will think they've just gone ahead with TPGK / TPTK. Why do you instantly put him on an overpair, it's not like he donk bet, he just c-bet which he would probably do with abuot 60-70%+ of his hands.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Should i have known something was up??:
    Once you've called pre, have to call flop. And turn seems fine considering how big the pot is/how much he has behind and his likely holdings. Sets are hard to spot, and yeah you got lucky this time, but this is one of them spots where you're gonna lose alot of money most of the time. P.S. He didn't bluff the river,the chips were all in lol. Think the A is a great card to be honest, because there's so many Ax hands that c-bet the flop and will think they've just gone ahead with TPGK / TPTK. Why do you instantly put him on an overpair, it's not like he donk bet, he just c-bet which he would probably do with abuot 60-70%+ of his hands.
    Posted by Lambert180
    opps i meant on the flop, and thought he had hit the turn with ak. Hmm i dunno i just thought maybe jacks/ tens, but once he bets the turn that big i near enough rule it out.  Sets are hard to spot but the board was just so average to be getting that much money in, im not sure he even gets the money in like that with any non set hand, i dunno if i didnt have history with this guy then im definatly more worried then i was at the time.  Only posted to see if i should be worried with thi amount of betting with those board cards out
  • edited October 2012
    I wrote a long post, sky deleted it bcos of the awful forum software.

cliffs.

either fold and don't tell anyone or just close your eyes and call down most likely hating rivers that complete the straight and flush draws. make a note.
  • edited October 2012
    Well if you have history then that's another matter. If you have knowledge that he will only ever be piling money in with sets and better, then it's different, but without strong reads, it's pretty standard
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to pluck is terrible forum software. burn.:
    I wrote a long post, sky deleted it bcos of the awful forum software. cliffs. either fold and don't tell anyone or just close your eyes and call down most likely hating rivers that complete the straight and flush draws. make a note.
    Posted by beaneh
    snap, happened to me yest. i was gonna post some interesting hands.. then gaved up. god the darn u sky. 

You need to take into account how villain would play AA & AK here as well.. its important to know otherwise your just bet/call/squinting against sets.  Frm the sounds of your reads it sounds like he'd play them exact the same right down to the turn sizings. 

Also take out villains names. Its just plains rude if they view this. 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: pluck is terrible forum software. burn.:
    In Response to pluck is terrible forum software. burn. : snap, happened to me yest. i was gonna post some interesting hands.. then gaved up. god the darn u sky.  You need to take into account how villain would play AA & AK here as well.. its important to know otherwise your just bet/call/squinting against sets.  Frm the sounds of your reads it sounds like he'd play them exact the same right down to the turn sizings.  Also take out villains names. Its just plains rude if they view this. 
    Posted by TPTP123
    I know i pressed post without taking out no offense meant..thanks for advice
  • edited October 2012
    No offence takens, just prob get the most responses from 50nlers if you take the names out... as no one is gonna go out of there way share reads... so if u keep it anon you prob get a better view from 50nl players imo.