You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best way to build up cash 4 points, without playing cash??

edited November 2012 in The Poker Clinic
i regularly play on skypoker for a few hours each day, i will play lower stakes dyms and a few 5-11-22 tournies as well as trying a few satellites each day. Each month im getting between £50-£100 from C4P and this month i would like to see if i can make priority as i have more free time.. what would be the best way for a lower stakes player to do this?????

thanks

jordz1616

Comments

• edited November 2012
    It really depends on how low the stakes are you play, how much time you got, and how many tables you can handle.

To give you some idea of the work needed to do it from cash... a lad on this forum made priority recently by playing only 10NL and to do that he was 6tabling and playing 9-10 hours per day 6-7 days per week for the whole month. He also made sure he arranged his sessions so they included every single happy hour, so yeah pretty tough going.

MTTs are never gonna get you that many C4P unless you're playing ALL the really big ones, and most can't afford that.

DYMs are a pretty good idea as long as you played £5s or higher and can multi-table well. IMO a DYM on average lasts about 30 mins, so you played 2 games per hour, if you can 6table that's 12 games per hour. Each £5.50 game is 5 poker points, so you'd be earning 60 points per hour, so to get 10,000 you'd need toplay for 166 ish hours in the month, which is about 5-6 hours every single day lol.

So as you can see it's not easy, but poker isn't! Good luck if you go for it, with a good BR, alot of time on your hands, and ALOT of discipline, it's definitely do-able.

P.S. Super tilted because this is the 2nd time I've had to type this reply out thanks to Sky logging me out
  • edited November 2012
    hi jordz,
    dym is deffo better than nl4 or nl10 cash for making c4p.
    but even then it's not going 2b easy.
    i've been playing approx 5/6 tables at £5 & 3/4 at £3 dym's most days during October and made 4700 points = £75.
    i have thought of trying to reach priority myself this month,but i know that it would be a hard grind and tbh i don't think i'll even try.
    unless you have a specific reason for wanting to get to priority my advice would be don't bother.
    carry on as you are and if you can steadily increase your b/roll then you will eventually be able to move up levels and then priority will come to you,well that's my thinking anyway.
    good luck and best wishes anyway.
    dev