You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your thoughts please...

Hi aces

Playing in Woogies deepstack and here is my exit hand. Kicking myself.
 Villain had been on my lhs for quite a while and had been bullying a bit before and since since going 4 handed. 14 left so i didn't want to endure more short handed bullying for much longer and was trying to lay down a marker to say stay clear.We'd been in a number of pots together throughout and been Ch rg each each playing chicken at times though i thnk i'd been the less aggro of us. We had n't really had a showdown showing any bluffs i think. Tried to overbet shove with lowish board double suited board to suggest i'd caught or had flush draw and he would not take the chance as his stack was a good size. I wanted to put him to a difficult decision. was my thinking flawed or was i just unlucky that he'd hit top pr? We'd not AI'd each other on flop up to here.
I thought my play up to here had made this play plausible.
After all range of hands to play 4 handed is much wider isn't it? Maybe i just need a crumb of comfort but at least i had a plan but was it flawed?

EEk soz guys...hd won't load properly(tried ten times!) Villain had 22k and was in CO w/ blinds 300/600. i had just over 8k after blinds. He min raised. I called w/ k2h. Flop 9s 43dd. I donk bet 7.5k. He called. No input from other players.
Things i'm doing wrong you feel would be appreciated. Cheers,
PS sorry about hd not loading but info here is ok i feel.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Unfortunately your login has expired due to a period of inactivity. Please login again with your UserID and Pin.

SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. 

fold>>>>3betshove>>>>>call pre imo. calling with your stack size is bad. well, calling with any stack w/ K2 is generally speaking something that you shouldn't do. postflop is just a mess and you should never be in that spot really. I just c/f and sigh at myself for making an awful peel  
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah Percy yet again has covered... no wonder he won Top of the Posts :p

Folding is best, 3bet shoving is not quite as good, and calling is really bad. If you're gonna just donk bet shove a random low flop, you should have just shoved pre-flop and not allow your opponent an easy decision (i.e. if he hits well, he calls, if he misses, he folds) allowing him to play perfectly.

If I had flatted, you have to just C/F flop, you still got 10xBB which still gives you plenty of FE when open shoving pre and with good play and a bit of luck you can still win the MTT
  • edited November 2012

PM! what's going on???

Think the HH must have offended the forum, no wonder it wouldn't let you post! Sounds like a horror show!! lol

Being rly harsh, because you have posted for help, and best way to help is to make it clear how awful the line is so you wont ever do it again!! ;)

+1 to Perc's post...

If you are going to call out of position pre flop with a bad hand with the plan to make a play at the pot on some flops, ok, maybe.... But why are you leading 85% of your stack, and overbetting the pot, 7.5k in to 2.4k?

It's very very weird all round, is this post a level? lol.

If you want to donk bet, then lead something like 1.3k and fold to a raise. I don't understand why you basically open shove the flop for 3x the pot? 

• edited November 2012
    Cheers guys

Just what i needed to hear ..ty.
    By the way Dohhhhhhh, asking if it is a level certainly rams it home...cheers lol.
    It really is a horror show and won't be happening again.....................i hope!!!!
    I think i just plain tired, lost focus and wanted to play a hand....